General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2003, 02:52 PM   #76  

Hi!
Plans for the weekend...not much. Just the way I like it.
We have the usual 7:30am soccer game on Saturday. Last one. And then, hope to get some stuff done around the house. DH has had a hard week at work, so imagine he is looking forward to some down time.

I helped at the school again today. So, need to get some cleaning done before DH gets home. I'll try to check back in later.

Last edited by Tigerlily; 05-23-2003 at 02:54 PM.
Old 05-23-2003, 03:38 PM   #77  
Long Lost Chickie

Just popping back in one last time to say howdy and wish you all a happy Memorial Day weekend! Be good. Be safe. All that good stuff, you know.

Talk to you all next week!
Old 05-23-2003, 09:01 PM   #78  
I'm back again

Hey all,

Have a safe and relaxing Memorial Day!

Cafe: I feel ya, girl! I have danced so fast in the past several years that I DO NOT know how to slow down and ENJOY..... I'm trying to learn but it is taking time. As you said earlier..."Change is good". It's just a little scary, sometimes. I live in crisis mode at times, also, and maybe a little more often than I realize, ya know? Stress manifests itself in women in different ways.

Tiff: Ask about the protein stuff....some of the people I know, who have had the surgery, had very thin and brittle hair later. Hair is 90% protein so I assumed it was that their protein intake was low....any research on that? I was thinking maybe they should have taken liquid supplements or something...

Jello: Happy Memorial Day!

Gotta go...

Bright
Old 05-27-2003, 08:26 AM   #79  
Long Lost Chickie

Back to work already!?!? Bummer.

Memorial Day weekend around here was rainy. Then we had some rain. Then there was a little rain. And then it rained some.... Get the picture? Hm, that smilie should have a frowning face. What a depressing holiday weekend! And of course, today, it's beautiful - clear skies, sunshine, etc. Grumble.

Actually, I did get something accomplished this weekend. Painted one of the spare bedrooms. PINK!! Oooh, it is indeed VERY pink! Didn't look that much like Pepto Bismal while it was still in the can! Looks like a cotton candy factory exploded! Oh well. I've decided I can get some white paint and mix it with some glaze and do some sponging or rag rolling to tone it down a bit. Rich was very good about it. At least it's a change. I needed it.

Well, hope you all had a good holiday. And now I've got to get back to work.
Old 05-27-2003, 10:03 AM   #80  

Jello - Sorry you got rain over the weekend!'

Me - I keep wanting to say Monday instead of Tuesday... Didn't do much to make it stand out... However, the extra rest seems to have put a spring in my step. I feel pretty good this morning. It's beautiful here to - no one wanted to come in today, I think.

I was not good with my eating this weekend. But... today is the first day of the rest of my life. I think I need to work on JOURNALING. Yep, the dreaded word. I have got to be able to do this! If I have to write it down, ...

Gotta run...
Old 05-27-2003, 09:58 PM   #81  
One day at a time. :)

S/C/G: 254/248/165

Height: 5'9"

I am so mad. I went to log into my Yahoo account and someone STOLE it. I guess they figured out my password and got in there and changed all my stuff. I have records of that account thank God, and have talked to Yahoo and provided them with the information. Hopefully they will be able to take some action soon, they seem to be very willing to help. I have had that account since the 90's.

Provided they can trace the IP address that stole my email, I am prepared to do whatever it takes to make this person pay for stealing my email. I have so many things that are in there that are personal and that is theft. Plain and Simple. Oh the joys of being friends with the States Attorney!!!

Back later,
Tiffany
Old 05-27-2003, 11:08 PM   #82  
I'm back again

Hey all,

Tiff: How does one go about stealing an email account??? On second thought, I probably don't need to know.... I cannot believe the people that think they can get away with this stuff!

Rough Tuesday for me today...hopefully tomorrow will be better. Going to bed now.

Bright
Old 05-28-2003, 08:45 AM   #83  

Hey Gals!
I'm so glad this is a short week. It's been a hum-dinger already.

I didn't even weigh myself on Memorial Day like planned. I knew it wasn't going to be good. Cleary I have issues. And I was thinking...it's sorta like an alcoholic. I've come to the point where I'm ready to admit there is a problem. When the kids get out of school and things slow down a little bit...I'm going to make myself a doctor appointment. Maybe if a medical professional tells me I need to lose weight, I'll listen.
Last day of school is today, I have a couple busy weeks ahead....and as usual...putting myself last. Ugh, more issues.

Tiff, we had our ICQ account stolen. Tried to log in one day and couldnt. Password was changed. We never did anything about it, only used it for IM's. Interested to see what happens with yours.

I have a friend coming from out of town today, so gotta get ready. Later taters!
Old 05-28-2003, 09:03 AM   #84  
Long Lost Chickie

Happy Hump Day! I have a meeting in about 15 minutes. Am I prepared? Well, it'd be easier if I knew what the meeting was about, eh? Oh, I'll just wing it.

Tiffany, stolen Yahoo account!?! That's kinda' scary. I hope whoever it was gets caught and gets more than a smack on the hand! That's like identity theft, I think!

Brighter, hope you have a better day today!

Went to my final block party follow up meeting last night. I'm am soooooooo glad it's over!!! Meeting ended with people pretty much screaming at each other. And these are grown men!!! I've had it. Yeah, it's a good cause but who needs the hassle? Not me. Good thing I had all those beers during the meeting.

Kidding. Just kidding.

I did get to Curves last night before the meeting. The owner was there just watching and helping people make sure they were using the machines right, answering questions, etc. After we all stopped to check our heart rates, he was asking each person if their rates were OK, etc. When he got to me, he kiddingly said "oh, I don't have to ask you, you're always OK". I responded with "yeah, and I'm cute as a bug too". Well, the woman on the machine across from me started to laugh and finally couldn't even operate the machine because she was laughing so hard. Yeah I'm darned amusing.

Well, I have a meeting to fudge my way through. Talk to you all later!
Old 05-28-2003, 09:21 AM   #85  

Default Just a quick update.

Hi everyone! I worked straight tru the weekend and Monday too, dang, I'm beat. Did just want to let everyone know that I have an interview tomorrow morning, Thru at 8:00. Don't know how the heck I'll get there but anyway think about me. I've decided that I'm gone, if they meet my request, keep your fingers and everything else crossed for me. I'm so scattered brained that I don't even know what I weighed when we started the challenge but as of this morning I'm at 169.4! Finally made it back to the 160's, I know for sure that it's not a 10 pound loss but maybe f or 5. 19.4 more pounds to go......... I can do this, I can, I will!

Boss lurking, gotta run.
Old 05-29-2003, 06:38 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 265/245/150 SW/CW/GW

Height: 5" 6"

Hi Everybody!
Old 05-29-2003, 06:45 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 265/245/150 SW/CW/GW

Height: 5" 6"

Default OOPS!

LOL, I'm using my son's computer and I don't know what I did but..........

Happy Thursday to all! I'm ready for the weekend. I need some time off to recover from the Memorial weekend. Just wanted to pop in and say "HI" to everyone since I haven't had a chance to post lately. Nothing much going on lately on the diet front. I lose a few then gain them back. At least my doctor was happy to see that I'd lost since my last visit.

SEMO - Good luck with the new job!

Have a great day all............

LJ
Old 05-29-2003, 12:52 PM   #88  
Long Lost Chickie

TGIAF! (Thank Goodness It's Almost Friday.)

I am once again all alone on phones. One of the others is supposed to be in "sometime today". I'll believe it when I see it. Meanwhile, I have to slow down on my usual water intake ... if you know what I mean.

Huntress, great to see you here! Hi!

Semo, I'm thinking of you today. Let us know how it went.

Went to Curves last night and, when I logged in, the screen said it was time for my monthly weigh-in and measurements. I ... uh ... well, I sorta ignored it.... Just couldn't quite face it, you know. I'm going back in Friday evening (or Saturday morning - they just added Saturday hours - Yippee!!) so I guess I'll have to face the music then.

Uh oh! Boss alert. Gotta run...
Old 05-29-2003, 04:09 PM   #89  

Jello - there is NO WAY you've been going to curves for a month.

Hi everyone! I did drop by and write a post yesterday but then my browser was having trouble connecting to the server. I saved it, but it's no good today, LOL!

Anyway... I think I'm doing pretty well all things considered.

It's been busy at work!! OK gotta go.
Old 05-29-2003, 10:20 PM   #90  
I'm back again

Hey all,

I'm ready for Friday, also! What a long 4 day week this has been!

Feeling a little better today---thanks, Jello. WTG on the Curves 1 month anniversary---I feel a celebration coming on...

Got alot of plans for the weekend so I have got to get moving....

Weather is great here and I'm finally a little tanned so my mood is better today.

Happy Interview Day, SEMO! Good luck, girl!

Hi Huntress! WTG on using the son's computer---a little foreign to you, huh? Hope your weather is as nice as ours.

Cafe: that "J" word has got to enter my vocabulary too....I just keep avoiding it, darn it!

Hey Tiger, Dyan, Tiff, DNW, and all others!

Talk to you all later!

P.S. Signed up for a summer of WW---I've got to get off this plateau and get into the 170's. Wish me luck!

Take care all,

Bright
Closed Thread