General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2003, 10:07 AM   #31  

Hey, Huntress, I know where you are coming from. The exchanges always have kept me more on program then just chosing willie-nillie, plus the nutritionist works this way. Most special diets do, diabetic, heart, etc.

Hope you all had a great Mother's Day. It was lovely for me.
Old 05-12-2003, 10:51 AM   #32  

Good Morning Ladies and a belated Happy Mother's Day. Kids were home and we all went out for lunch yesterday. Food was not very good and the music was WAY too loud. But any day I spend with the kids is a good day.

My sister went home last night, I'm thinking it's too early, but she went anyway. It will take a day or two to get everything back where it's supposed to be and clean up the house and get things back to normal. Well, I don't know about normal, youngest son quit his job and is looking for another, so he's home all day now. So life goes on....

Work isn't any better, but just wanted to pop in and say hello.
Old 05-12-2003, 04:03 PM   #33  

Hi. I just finished mowing the yard...well, what I could mow. Mother Nature left me a couple small ponds of her own. I hate spending all that time mowing and it still looks like crap. I have lovely mud tracks and clumpy wet clippings. Apartment life sounding really good right about now.

Friday, I found out that the tumors on my Dad's brain have gotten smaller. I still don't feel like I know enough, although that was good news. Now if they could just say the same about the spots on his lung. Inconclusive fries my pea-brain.

On the diet front...I suck. That pretty much wraps it up. I must not want it bad enough, I don't know. I'm thinking about seeing a doctor. Sadly, I haven't seen one for several years. Luckily, I don't get sick...not that I'll admit to anyway.

I hope everyone else is doing better than me.
Jello, swing by my way with that wagon!
Old 05-13-2003, 08:35 AM   #34  
Long Lost Chickie

OK everyone, all together now..... Tiger, this is for you...

As far as the "diet front" goes, I don't think it's really that you don't want it. I just think you've got too much other "stuff" going on right now. Don't be too hard on yourself. And it IS good news about your dad. Hang in there.

Semo, I guess you're a better nurse and healer than you're giving yourself credit for! Glad your sis is doing well. You can still keep tabs on her every day, right?

Well, I got on the scale this morning and am feeling a little better. Yesterday, I did Curves and then the walk home afterward. It was cooler and not as bad as the last time. Hm, maybe I'm getting good at this???

Meanwhile, I'm trying to decide what to pack and the weather forecasters in Connecticut can't seem to decide what it's going to be like for the next few days, much less the weekend. But the walking shoes are definitely coming with me! And they're going to get plenty of use. This I vow!

Talk to you all later!
Old 05-13-2003, 11:10 AM   #35  

Morning, everyone! Busy, busy weekend with inlaws in town from CA. So nice to read so many posts!!

Bright - Oddly enough, the twisters seem to be hitting everywhere but my state. We did get a lot of rain this weekend, though - but everyone says we needed it after not as much snow this winter. Stay safe!

Huntress, Quilter - I've talked to others who have done really well with food exchanges. Maybe I need to look into that - I always seem to gravitate towards spending my pts/cals on the wrong things and then getting hungry.

Tig - I'm glad there's good news about dad! The mental picture of your yard I had was kind of like a mangy dog. I'm sure it doesn't look that bad.

SEMO - You sound tired! You did good work with sis - and you're working hard at work - maybe it's time to fit in some pampering???

DNW - Glad to hear you're on the upswing. It was a rough winter what with war looming and all. Time to step into the light.

Jello, Jello - It sounds like you are going to buy the whole mall! LOL. I've been a bit like that myself lately - everything seems to go at once. New undergarments, new shoes, down the line. Haven't bought any clothes but I think I'm headed that direction.

Well, for me the new stuff is all on the non-diet front. Been wrapped up in getting ready for the big in-law visit, getting a refinance set up, shopping, showers, graduations, weddings... Dancing my way through all that hasn't left much time to think about eating before I do it. Not good. What I need is just to start journaling. Today. I think I will do it right now! See - you guys inspire me.

~Cafe
Old 05-13-2003, 06:03 PM   #36  

Hi Gals,
Is it Friday yet? My kids schedules are running me rag'd!

Cafe, Mangy Dog! That's my yard alright!

Gotta run!
Old 05-14-2003, 08:29 AM   #37  

Here at work by 7:00, been working past 6:00 Mon & Tues, rush should slow down in a couple of weeks.......... I'm getting too old for this sh!t.......... but too young to draw social security. What's a girl to do????

Did manage to exercise when I got home last night, of course the house is still a wreck from the week before but I'm working on it. Anyone have plans for Memorial Weekend? Our wedding aniversary is the 31st - 34 years. WOW, that sounds really long but it's gone by in a flash. BTW I was only 10 when we married!

Gotta run ladies, Have a great day.........anyone heard from Dyan?
Old 05-14-2003, 08:29 AM   #38  
Long Lost Chickie

Yes, Tiger. For me, it IS Friday!!!

This might be my last post before we leave for vacation. If so, I want to say goodbye and hope you all have a great couple of days while I'm gone. I won't have internet access until I get back to work on Wednesday but I'll be thinking of you and keeping an eye on you..... Bwahahahahahaha!!!!

Seriously, I'm going to try to be very good food-wise and I'm going to be using my thoughts of you guys to keep me on the straight and narrow.

Oh hey Brighter! I found those Nature Valley granola bars at the store last night and bought a box. Actually, I got the fruit and nut ones and they're going with us on the trip along with some grapes, lots of bottles of water and a few other odds and ends. I'm going to be good!

Well, hope to check in with all of you again later! If not, "see" you next week!
Old 05-14-2003, 01:32 PM   #39  

Hey work'n girls!

Jello, have fun on your trip! Walk, walk, walk!

Semo, only 10 when you married. My parents have been married 36 years (my age). I wonder if they think it's gone by in a flash.
I dont have any big plans for Memorial Weekend. I'd be happy for some nice weather and taming the mangy dog (yard).

Last night, someone hit our mailbox and ofcourse they didn't stop to claim the damage. We had the same rusty one out there for 5 years...put a new one out this spring! And it gets better... DH lost his wallet at work today. He got it back, with all the money GONE! I'm having a little bit of an attitude problem right about now. I think my head is gonna blow off.

Anybody have any chocolate?!
Old 05-14-2003, 01:58 PM   #40  

Just popped in to wish Jello a WONDERFUL time...........

Wishing I could sneak in your suitcase and go too!

Have Fun.
Old 05-14-2003, 04:06 PM   #41  

Hi all!

SEMO- Nope, no word from Dyan here. Eager to find out how her trip went - inclined to think that no news is good news and she's busy packing and moving. You really do need a break! You have mem-day off, right?? A 3 day weekend does wonders!

Jello - Have a great trip!! I'd like to go on vacation, too. I might just have to plan one, myself.

Tiger - Ouch! Sorry to hear about the $$$ down the tube. (not to mention the mailbox, LOL!) On the other hand, if you have no mailbox you can't get any bills, can you??

I'm real busy today, so just dropping a line and running...

~cafe
Old 05-14-2003, 06:05 PM   #42  
DNW

Thumbs up I have allergy head

Well...now I am shoveling pollen off my car. Jeez Louise can't we ever have a Spring in NJ where I don't wake up gagging and choking on itty bitty pollen particles....however the trees and flowers are lovely....time for a face mask.

Jello: Have a great trip...I like the Nature Valley Cranberry/Nut bars and get them at Costco for abour $6.00 and there is 32 in a box. Quite a savings. If you really begin to love them you might want to save a few bucks on them.

Tiger: I am so happy to hear about your Dad. Prayers do work. Sorry about your husband's wallet...aren't people just grand!! And Oh the mailbox...well that's Murphy's law...of course someone had to hit it after you put a new one up...go figure.

Huntress, Quilter, Cafe, Semo, and Brighter: Thanks for all your words of encouragement too...I feel much better but still can't seem to get my *** in gear to exercise, although are am still journalling the food.

I am making a new rule in my house...if DH or I want either sweets or pasta we have to go out for them...meaning dessert at our weekly dinner out and pasta when I eat out.

I have found that like alcohol, these items have no place in my home...and I suck up the pasta like a vacuum cleaner if it's in the house....and DH puts his snoot in the sweets!!

Looking to jump back on the wagon very soon.

Love and Smoochies to all
Old 05-15-2003, 08:31 AM   #43  

Good Morning Ladies and a happy Thrusday.... it is Thursday, right?

DNW, so good to hear from you, thought I was gonna have to come drag you back....... Get yourself well and climb back on this wagon girlfriend..... Sometimes when we don't feel well we try to compensate with comfort food, and we all know what happens then. Good Idea not to keep it in the house. (((hugs)))

Cafe, no extra day for us on Memorial Day! We go from Jan 1st to July 4th without a holiday, but then that's why we are off over a week in December. I really do need a break, I would really like to go home and the house be clean and sleep for 12 straight hours. (not that I could do it if I had the chance mind you) But nice thought anyway.

Tig, we finally put up a rubber mailbox, seems the kids found a new sport of hitting mailboxes in the country with baseball bats while hanging out the car window. How stupid, but the rubber one seems to work or they have stopped trying. Sorry to hear about DH wallet, What's happen to all the honest people in this world? On the other hand, so glad that you are getting positive news about your dad. We will keep the prayers going.

Quilter, how's your quilting class going? Now that I have a craft room all set up, it seems that I never have a chance to use it. One day!

Huntress, Bright and Dyan, wish you all would check in more often. We miss you.

Jello, hope you are having FUN.

Hello to anyone I missed, gotta run.
Old 05-16-2003, 09:06 AM   #44  

Happy Friday!
I am so ready for the weekend! No soccer until Saturday afternoon...that means sleep'n in! WooHOO! 7am is all I'm asking for...let me sleep until 7. I"ve already started threatening the kids not to wake me up.

Semo, did u finish your 90 day plan? What were the final results start to finish? I was looking for the plan on ebay. Wondering if I could get DH to do it with me...more like day dreaming. He'd probably laugh at me.

DNW, your sweets/pasta plan sounds good. I'm having a terrible time keeping junk out of the house. I always find some excuse for buying it.
"DH would like it in his lunchbox"
"It's on sale"
"DS asked for it".....the list goes on....

Today, I'm helping the kindergarten teacher. Give me strength!
Old 05-16-2003, 10:52 AM   #45  

Hi all! I was run off my feet yesterday - seems like the story of my life these last 2 weeks.

SEMO - Know what you mean, just like a little peace and quiet in a clean house. Especially times when there aren't enough hours in the day, that's what I miss the most. Still, it's Friday!!

Tiger - you are so funny - threatening already. Personally, I'm hoping for 7:30 or possibly 8:00.

DNW - Good for you on evicting trigger foods from your house. There are some things that are so easy to avoid if they simply don't come inside. Ice cream, for one. I'm still trying to evict Ben & Jerry from my house, but DH keeps inviting them in?

TGIF!!! That's about all the substance in my brain this morning.

~Cafe
Closed Thread