General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 06-27-2012, 09:37 AM   #421  

Kathy
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:21 PM   #422  

S/C/G: 297/256/not sure

Height: 5' 2"

Hi, ladies...Just a quick check-in because we're very busy. My mother turns 79 this weekend, so everyone will be coming to our house for cake and ice cream.

We've had a few days of cool weather, and much-needed rain. I think it starts warming up again tomorrow, then it's back to mid and high 80s for us.

I shouldn't complain though: at least we're not experiencing the 110+ degrees they are having in the Midwest. I could not tolerate that in the least.

Not to mention the people in Colorado, with so much land on fire.

I've still been weighing and recording my weight every day. I seem to be in a period of losing one-half pound per week, as an average. That's fine with me.

I'm still up a couple, but I've been eating potato chips every day, which I need to taper off on again. We only got these because they were on sale. No way am I going to pay $4.99 for a bag of chips!

Hope you all have a nice Wednesday. This week is really flying by!
Truffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:16 AM   #423  

Hi Becky. We sure need rain, too, and it is very hot here. This morning when I got up I felt thin and I don't know why.
Old 06-29-2012, 12:11 PM   #424  

Found a lunch I really like. Toast with the best fresh tomatoes you can find and slimfast. I used to love slim fast years ago, so I bought one recently and they are still good
Old 06-29-2012, 05:14 PM   #425  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Well, I go off and try to do something and fine that I think I'm just eating... maybe IE and just leave it at that. Some days I go all day eating almost nothing and then other days I want to eat almost everything. I just can't follow a "diet book" rule or way of eating. Although I think I need to eat more lowcarb most of the time, I'm not willing to follow a "specific" lowcarb diet. here are days I get up and I want breakfastand then there are days when I do not. Since IE is the closest thing to the way I eat, I guess I am finally an Intuitive Eater so I think I need to stick with it.

I've been reading the book "Why the Chinese don't count calories" and she made the statement that while everything they told her was nothing like what she was taught that she kept trying to remember that the Chinese had 3,000 years of experience of eating and staying thin. I talked to my Vietnamese girl who does my nails about the book and asked her if she ate rice. She said "Yes, I eat every meal". Same as what I read in the book. However, she said to me,"Don't eat American rice, eat the Asian rice". I didn't know I could buy it at Wal-Mart so I bought a 30 lb bag or Asian rice that she has. The interesting thing to me is that I noticed in the book and that Vivian told me is they seem to eat a bowl of Asian rice no matter what other starches they are eating. It doesn't matter if they are eating corn, cornbread, potatoes etc, they still eat a bowl of their rice. I notice the one ofthe nail technicians walks around eating something out of a large paper cup, I learned that it is rice. Also they don't fluff their rice, it is sticks together. I've been eating it since Tuesday night and I've acquired a taste for it to the point that I actually look forward to a bowl of it. Oh something else I found interesting in the Chinese book is that they don't worry about fat. That kind of surprised me.

Carolr - I wonder if you "feeling thin" isn't another benefit of IE that you have reached? I think if you can feel thin instead of feeling fat that would be a good and positive thing.

Quote:
Carolr quoted ...An interesting quote by Elizabeth Jane.

An empty stomach for up to a half hour is nothing to fear. It causes no pain at all and it causes our stomach to shrink Every now and then we should allow ourselves to feel and appreciate our hunger for up to thirty minutes before a meal to, just as a way to remind ourselves that an empty stomach is nothing to panic over. Being hungry makes our meals more satisfying and tells us that body fat is being melted as fuel at the same time. Therefore, hunger in moderation is our friend not our foe.
I think this is really true. I also think that when we've dieted and had to eat so much food that it causes us to become afraid of being hungry. I remember reading in one of Joyce Meyer's books about a woman who would not eat until she actually felt her stomach growl. I remember deciding to do that and it really worked, but then I got back to thinking that I had to diet and got on that cycle again. In fact as I write this the way I lost weight back then was to follow 3 rules which I made up for myself because I didn't know about IE... 1. I didn't eat until my stomach growled for food. 2. I ate until I felt like I was satisfied but not stuffed and I always stopped leaving at least 1 bite of something on my plate. 3. I ate whatever I wanted to eat. I lost about 65 lbs doing that. Makes me wonder why I changed.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:22 PM   #426  

Trish, did you use the weigh down program? Sounds like what you described.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:12 PM   #427  

I'm rereading old posts and found this

There will be times when you don't have the option of getting exactly what you want. You might be served a meal at a friend's house or relatives house that has little to say for it.........It's only one meal- you will survive. It's how you jump back into taking care of yourself afterward that makes the difference.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:14 PM   #428  

Finally weighed the other day and sorry to say I'm up about ten pounds I started exercising a year ago with WATP and Leslie Sansone. So exercise doesn't help you lose but it does a lot else so I'm sticking with it.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:34 PM   #429  

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolr3639 View Post
Trish, did you use the weigh down program? Sounds like what you described.
No I had heard about that program, but I didn't think it would work. But when I read Joyce Meyer's book Eat and Stay Thin, I think was the name of it... I would read in her book how different ones ate and then I would think "that makes sense, I could do those things" and I would just start doing it. It was when different ones would talk to me about dieting and how we should do this or that that caused me to move from the way I was eating and I thought maybe I should be dieting. I still fight that battle. But the difference in then and now is that I did not know that you could lose weight without dieting... never heard of anything about Intuitive Eating, but I do know there is such a thing as Intuitive Eating and that people have and can lose weight doing it.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:36 PM   #430  

Quote:
I'm rereading old posts and found this

There will be times when you don't have the option of getting exactly what you want. You might be served a meal at a friend's house or relatives house that has little to say for it.........It's only one meal- you will survive. It's how you jump back into taking care of yourself afterward that makes the difference.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:49 PM   #431  

Quote:
Finally weighed the other day and sorry to say I'm up about ten pounds I started exercising a year ago with WATP and Leslie Sansone. So exercise doesn't help you lose but it does a lot else so I'm sticking with it.
I just finished 2 weeks of 4 days each doing machines (resistance exercise) plus the incumbent bike. My weight is up a little bit, but I'm feeling better, sleeping better, and I believe if I keep doing what I'm doing that the benefits will show up. Took me a long time to get to the point to where I would join the YMCA to exercise. But with the kids here, I really don't have room to do much exercise here at the house so I needed to join so I'm glad I did. The best thing about exercise is it tones the body.
Old 06-30-2012, 11:41 AM   #432  

Time to exercise. ha
Old 06-30-2012, 05:41 PM   #433  

I've been rereading old posts from a couple years ago. Sometimes I only posted once per twenty posts. Hard to believe.
Old 06-30-2012, 06:41 PM   #434  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Default I second that!

Quote:
Kathy
Welcome Kathy!!!!
TamTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 06:47 PM   #435  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello all. Been AWOL, work has been busy. It is sooooooo hot down here!!!! We just had to shell out $6200.00 for a new a/c-ouch!! Of course the old one was about 25 years old, so I guess I shouldn't complain. My eating has been a little out of control as of lately. Just got in the workbook for the Eden Diet, I've read the book but never the workbook, it can't hurt to do that one also. Have a couple of other books to read on IE, can't recall the names off hand will let you know if they are good or not. Just read Mindful Eating-donated it to the library, too much Buddah talk in it for my taste and beliefs. Hubby should be on his way home soon, he has about an hour's drive, think I will go for a walk (if the heat don't kill me). Have a blessed evening all. Tammy
TamTam is offline   Reply With Quote