General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-17-2012, 07:30 AM   #166  

S/C/G: 209/197/145

Height: 5'2"

Glad to see a PINK support group here!

I'm on day one of Phase 1 and am so happy I can eat carbs again after not eating them for the past 14 days! On the plus side, I lost 12 lbs on reset.

Looking forward to hearing how everyone is doing...
badgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:17 PM   #167  

S/C/G: HW:319/RW:257/CW:193.0/GW:140

Height: 5'4"

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickInPink View Post
Howdy howdy everyone!

I finally got my pink kit in the mail and I will be starting in just a couple of days. I was looking at the recipes for the 3 different pink drinks and I was wondering if any of you knew whether or not we could change the ingredients between them. For example, pink drink #1 calls for vanilla whey powder...can I just use the hemp protein powder I have (which is the powder that is called for in pink drink #2 and 3)? The book states several times that the ingredients are chosen for a reason...just wanted to get your thoughts Congrats to everyone who has been rocking the pink reset!!
I substitute a different protein powder for the whey because my body does not tolerate whey. So as far as that I say yes you can. I think I also saw that on the pink method website as well.

Good luck on your journey!!

Peggy
sluggerbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:58 PM   #168  
Kelly

Height: 5'3"

Hi ladies! Have been reading your thread the last couple of days and decided to hop on board! Just ordered my PINK stuff! My roommate and I are going to be doing this together and we wanted to try to get started on the Reset phase before we got the kit. I found the list on the first page but how do you figure out how long to be on the reset? I really appreciate the help and look forward to all the support! Thanks!
kac52b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:28 PM   #169  

Default Hello Everyone!!

I am officially starting this diet with my husband tomorrow! I actually did the 17 day diet last year and lost 25 lbs and to be honest I think this one is going to be easier. I am so thankful to find you all have started this forum as I know I am going to need the support. I am anxious and ready to get these next 14 days over with...from there I honestly don't think it will be too bad. I am hoping to lose 50 pounds by May, but I might be dreaming. For now though, I am just gonna focus on 10 pounds at a time!! My husband wants to lose 30 and his will probably fall right off...it usually happens a lot faster than my weight loss. We also have decided to set a goal to run the half marathon at Disney next January. Thought about the full marathon, but the hubby talked me out of it....so maybe we can do the full race the year after!! I am 53 so I know it might be a little slower to come off but that is okay as long as it comes off!! I hope everyone is having great success with this diet...do NOT give up and hopefully this summer we can all show off our new bodies online G8trzz in sunny Florida
g8trzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 04:18 AM   #170  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggerbean View Post
I substitute a different protein powder for the whey because my body does not tolerate whey. So as far as that I say yes you can. I think I also saw that on the pink method website as well.

Good luck on your journey!!

Peggy
Thanks for your reply! I'll give it a try! after researching all of the protein powders I really dont want to stray away from the hemp powder
ChickInPink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 05:17 AM   #171  
Wants to be this girl!

S/C/G: 275/275/120

Height: 5'1

Hi everyone! My mom ordered us the PINK diet and I am going to attempt to start tomorrow. I say attempt because I have 2 daughters under 2 and it's hard to do anything with them. I have fallen into eating alot of chicken nuggets and mac and cheese lately. I gained 60 lbs with this last pregnancy and I am so sick with myself. I am a person that needs a structured diet so I hope this will work for me. I like that I can eat fruits. I think I will lose over 20 lbs on the reset, or go into shock from not having any sugar! Wish me luck! My ultimate goal is to look like I do in my avatar, or at least close to it. I was 19 there, and that was the last time I felt and looked great.

How is everyone liking this diet? I haven't even read about the excersize yet.
Disneyfreeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:54 AM   #172  

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kac52b View Post
Hi ladies! Have been reading your thread the last couple of days and decided to hop on board! Just ordered my PINK stuff! My roommate and I are going to be doing this together and we wanted to try to get started on the Reset phase before we got the kit. I found the list on the first page but how do you figure out how long to be on the reset? I really appreciate the help and look forward to all the support! Thanks!
It is based on your height and weight. I see that you are 5'3". If you weigh over 160 lbs. then you will be on the Reset for 14 days. If you are in the 140s or 150s, 10 days; in the 130s 7 days; under that 3 days.

Good luck on your journey and keep us posted on the results!!!
Old 01-18-2012, 09:26 AM   #173  

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreeek View Post
Hi everyone! My mom ordered us the PINK diet and I am going to attempt to start tomorrow. I say attempt because I have 2 daughters under 2 and it's hard to do anything with them. I have fallen into eating alot of chicken nuggets and mac and cheese lately. I gained 60 lbs with this last pregnancy and I am so sick with myself. I am a person that needs a structured diet so I hope this will work for me. I like that I can eat fruits. I think I will lose over 20 lbs on the reset, or go into shock from not having any sugar! Wish me luck! My ultimate goal is to look like I do in my avatar, or at least close to it. I was 19 there, and that was the last time I felt and looked great.

Welcome!! I like the picture!!! I am on day 7 of the Reset and have seven more days of it; then I will go into Phase 1. I really like this diet. It is structured, but with enough flexibility to make it truly yours. Good luck on your journey, and please ask questions if you need to.

Peggy
Old 01-18-2012, 11:56 AM   #174  

S/C/G: 223/218/155

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreeek View Post

When I started I was worried that I would feel hungry throughout the day, especially because I started during a more physically demanding project at work. I just kept a bag of mixed raw vegetables ( broccoli, cauliflower & carrots) nearby and snacked on them when I felt hungry. I thought I'd eat the whole bag, but realized I was just eating a handful a couple times during the day. I really think the protein keeps you full & then the "work" of eating raw veggies gets your head thinking your not hungry faster. Clearly not scientific, just my own thoughts, lol.

With all that said, I think it will be fine to start, even with your 2 young kiddos.

I LOVE my PINK drink every morning!

Have a great day everyone!
Change4good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 12:31 PM   #175  

S/C/G: 195/189/140

Height: 5'4

Default Checking in & update!

Well good morning ladies! Hope this finds everyone doing well thus far. Welcome to 'all' newbies to the Pink Method!!

HI Jenn & Peggy!! Thought i'd drop in to let you know how i'm recovering. So far so good. Even lost 3 more pounds just eating the foods and drinking the water...so 21 pounds gone! I have been putting heat on my lower back and hamstring muscles, also my doctor gave me a prescription for a light muscle relaxer too, soooo everything's coming along ok. Maybe next week i'll start exercising again (not Pink's), but the one's my doctor suggested.
You all have been doing 'wonderful' i see. Keep up the good work!...stay the course and CONGRAT'S to everyone losing those pesky pounds!

Cindy
notfatforlong254 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:56 PM   #176  

Well, one day down and 13 to go on reset!! I made the pink drink with the almond milk, strawberries and protein powder this morning for breakfast...I thought it tasted pretty good, but I had trouble drinking all of it..especially when this morning was so cold!! I think I am going to weight every other day rather than every day. Trying to stay positive and focus only on what i can eat rather than what I can't. Hope everyone had a good day as well!!
g8trzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:11 AM   #177  

Thumbs up weekly wi

Good Morning, Ladies!! I have been on the reset for 7 days and my new weight is...277.6!!! I have lost 7 pounds for the first 7 days.

I have another week on reset. Let's stay positive and remember that we are not only losing weight, we are gaining health!!!
Old 01-19-2012, 11:17 AM   #178  

S/C/G: 209/197/145

Height: 5'2"

This is my third day in Phase 1 and I've started the exercise dvd's. Is anyone having any difficulties doing these exercises? Is it just me or are they a bit advanced? Maybe as I go along and lose more weight, it'll get easier. If you have been in Phase 1 for awhile, I'd like to hear your opinion!
badgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 12:37 PM   #179  
SueSue

S/C/G: 180/178/140

Height: 5'6"

I am on Day 3 of the Reset. I would love to be part of this group!

Susan
SueSue23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 07:38 PM   #180  

I just looked up a PINK review because of this discussion and it compares PINK to Fat Loss 4 Idiots, with a Pro/Con list. The main con being that PINK takes 80 days to complete, while Fat Loss 4 Idiots took only an 11 day commitment.
I figured that meant that the 11 days needed to be repeated often to reach your ideal weight, but that it provided breaks to readjust.
What do you think about PINK compared to Fat Loss 4 Idiots, which is primarily a Calorie Shifting program?
Annleslie is offline   Reply With Quote