General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 12-28-2011, 12:49 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 195/189/140

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringmaster View Post
I see alot of talk on the diet, how are the workouts? are they cardio, toning? intervals/circuits?
Hello! The workouts are 'challenging', yet doable. Even a person whose not a big fan of exercising can get through them like myself, LOL! Yes, there's Cardio, toning, strength training, yoga. There are no interval/circuits. There are 3 exercise phases. You do each phase for 3 weeks. I started phase 1 today. Overall, i'm pretty happy with the program so far!

Cindy
notfatforlong254 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 01:31 PM   #62  

S/C/G: HW:319/RW:257/CW:193.0/GW:140

Height: 5'4"

Question

I am thinking about purchasing this too. Where do you find the protein powder? I live in a very small town and worry that it will be too difficult to find. Also, do you have to have weights & other equipment for the workout videos?
sluggerbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 01:46 PM   #63  

Glad I found you all. I just started the Pink Method. I am on day 3. Since my total hysterectomy 3 years ago, I just can't lose weight like I used to. I am hoping this is the answer. I was on Chalene Extreme by Beach Body for awhile, but I got bored with it and I must admit, I didn't follow the diet. It consisted of foods I normally didn't keep around the house, if you know what I mean? ha
Anyway, I hope I can stick to this one. So far, I get pretty hungry mid day, but I have been snacking on veggies. I am concerned with New Year's coming up, I know I will have to go off of it for a day or 2, but I will still try not to "over do it" too much.
iwannabaloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 05:57 PM   #64  

Smile Hello

I just ordered mine today,,would love to have support online here too!!
thewildmrsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 09:55 PM   #65  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggerbean View Post
I am thinking about purchasing this too. Where do you find the protein powder? I live in a very small town and worry that it will be too difficult to find. Also, do you have to have weights & other equipment for the workout videos?
Hi, cute name! I bought my whey protein powder (Jillian M) at my local grocery store, but i know they have it at Walmart's...it can be any brand. As for the weights, they do use them in parts of the workout. They range from light to heavier weights. I used my 3lb. weights to begin with. I've completed the first 3 days of Phase1 with workouts...not bad!

Cindy
Old 12-29-2011, 10:08 PM   #66  

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwannabaloser View Post
Glad I found you all. I just started the Pink Method. I am on day 3. Since my total hysterectomy 3 years ago, I just can't lose weight like I used to. I am hoping this is the answer. I was on Chalene Extreme by Beach Body for awhile, but I got bored with it and I must admit, I didn't follow the diet. It consisted of foods I normally didn't keep around the house, if you know what I mean? ha
Anyway, I hope I can stick to this one. So far, I get pretty hungry mid day, but I have been snacking on veggies. I am concerned with New Year's coming up, I know I will have to go off of it for a day or 2, but I will still try not to "over do it" too much.
Hi, I'm glad you found us too Sounds like you're doing pretty well so far. Your snack choices are fabulous Keep up the good work! Yeah, i was concerned about Xmas day too, but i did pretty WELL...i surprised myself, LOL! You'll do fine for New Year's, and even if you slip'up a teenie tinnie bit, just back on track as soon as you can. Good luck!

Cindy
Old 12-29-2011, 10:17 PM   #67  

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewildmrsc View Post
I just ordered mine today,,would love to have support online here too!!
Hi there! That's GREAT!!! I truly believe you will like the program. I love it so far I've lost 10 lbs. since December 13th

What other support group do you participate in? I need support too, lol!Seems like i'm supporting myself here. There were more in the beginning...don't know what happened to them

Cindy
Old 12-29-2011, 11:49 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 223/218/155

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by notfatforlong254 View Post
Hi! So glad you joined To be honest, i really don't know. It's a very structured program and laid out VERY well...quite easy to follow in my opinion...but you really have to prepare in advance with regards to the meals you may want to eat. I don't know if traveling and following this plan would be that easy for you, but NEVER SAY NEVER...where there's a 'will' there's a way

Happy Birthday in advance

Cindy
Thank you Cindy! I think I will be able to do it too. Today I was thinking the same thing, i will find a way, because I want to, have to do it. I'll be in a better location for a few weeks, and I saw this week there is a grocery store near my hotel, and my hotel room has a refrigerator.

Thank you so much! I know I am a new member, and haven't started PINK yet, but you are so encouraging! You are doing a great job, 10lbs in 16 days, that's AWESOME! Maybe the others that were around when the group started are just busy with the holidays, so don't get discouraged.
Change4good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 12:17 AM   #69  

hi today is my fourth day on the pink method, so far everything is going well for me, in only 4 days I lost 4.7 pounds . I just prayed the pounds keep dropping off
93kc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 11:04 AM   #70  

Talking

93kc - Way to go!!

Cindy - Thanks for the encouragement!!

I ordered my program yesterday. I am excited and scared at the same time. My biggest problem will be getting the protein powder because I can't have whey. I tried it before and I cannot tolerate it. I think I found a suitable replacement.

Question: Do you really drink that much water??
Old 12-30-2011, 11:14 AM   #71  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Change4good View Post
Thank you Cindy! I think I will be able to do it too. Today I was thinking the same thing, i will find a way, because I want to, have to do it. I'll be in a better location for a few weeks, and I saw this week there is a grocery store near my hotel, and my hotel room has a refrigerator.

Thank you so much! I know I am a new member, and haven't started PINK yet, but you are so encouraging! You are doing a great job, 10lbs in 16 days, that's AWESOME! Maybe the others that were around when the group started are just busy with the holidays, so don't get discouraged.
Awwww, you're so sweet. Thanks for your encouragement as well, and congrat's on my loss I hope the momentum continues!

FABULOUS!!! I love your thinking. Your mindset is definitely in the right place...like i've said before, where there's a 'will' there's a 'way'.

Cindy
Old 12-30-2011, 11:18 AM   #72  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93kc View Post
hi today is my fourth day on the pink method, so far everything is going well for me, in only 4 days I lost 4.7 pounds . I just prayed the pounds keep dropping off
OMG!...that is GREAT Keep on going and they WILL...i'm living proof, lol!

Cindy
Old 12-30-2011, 11:35 AM   #73  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggerbean View Post
93kc - Way to go!!

Cindy - Thanks for the encouragement!!

I ordered my program yesterday. I am excited and scared at the same time. My biggest problem will be getting the protein powder because I can't have whey. I tried it before and I cannot tolerate it. I think I found a suitable replacement.

Question: Do you really drink that much water??
SUPER!!! I know exactly what you mean about being scared & excited at the same time also. I was wondering that too, if i would REALLY be able to do this THIS time, and maintain the excitement as i go forward...so far so good So what have you decided to use instead of the Whey if you don't mind me asking?

YES, you do drink ALOT of water. They said divide your current body weight by 2, and whatever that number is, you drink that many ounces of water UGH! I drink between 11 & 12 glasess a day...guess this helps to rid toxins out of your body.

Cindy
Old 12-30-2011, 02:17 PM   #74  

Default Can't Wait to get started

I just ordered the pink method hopefully it will be here sometime next week. I have been scouring the internet looking for information on the plan and happily found this thread. There is a lot of information here.

The plan sounds like it just might work for me. I will keep checking back here until i receive my package.

Can't wait to get started,

Donna

Continued sucess to you all!
dpunch2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 10:04 PM   #75  

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by notfatforlong254 View Post
SUPER!!! I know exactly what you mean about being scared & excited at the same time also. I was wondering that too, if i would REALLY be able to do this THIS time, and maintain the excitement as i go forward...so far so good So what have you decided to use instead of the Whey if you don't mind me asking?

YES, you do drink ALOT of water. They said divide your current body weight by 2, and whatever that number is, you drink that many ounces of water UGH! I drink between 11 & 12 glasess a day...guess this helps to rid toxins out of your body.

Cindy
I will be using the protein powder that I found on the Eat Right for Your Type website. It is more expensive, but it is formulated for people with type O blood and will work with my body chemistry.

I don't know if I can drink that much water!! For me it would be 147 oz !