General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 11-17-2011, 06:24 PM   #361  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

This way of eating is so interesting. I was hungry all day yesterday and really thought I had really eaten too much. Got up and decided to weigh (still haven't given it up) and low and behold my weight was down a lb and a half and my fasting blood sugar which has been running too high lately was down 20 pts. Makes me wonder, could it be true that sometimes we don't eat enough? Perhaps if you overeat when you eat because it is meal time, maybe we undereat when we get hungry but don't eat because we think we shouldn't for some reason. Today I haven't eaten all that much because I've not been all that hungry. This really is a learning experience.
Still not sure I know when I'm hungry but I sure know when I eat too much. Have a good evening.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:38 AM   #362  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattygirl63 View Post
This way of eating is so interesting. I was hungry all day yesterday and really thought I had really eaten too much. Got up and decided to weigh (still haven't given it up) and low and behold my weight was down a lb
this happened to me yesterday too, i was wondering why i was feeling hungry all day, and i still don't know, but i was definitely properly hungry (which i haven't normally been hungry since i started this diet), and so i did eat more than i would usually - and yes, i dropped another lb too this morning!

It's all a bit too logical to be true really isn't it, lol. Hungry=eat. Not hungry=don't eat.
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 07:52 AM   #363  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ange82much View Post
this happened to me yesterday too, i was wondering why i was feeling hungry all day, and i still don't know, but i was definitely properly hungry (which i haven't normally been hungry since i started this diet), and so i did eat more than i would usually - and yes, i dropped another lb too this morning!

It's all a bit too logical to be true really isn't it, lol. Hungry=eat. Not hungry=don't eat.
That's it! And thin people who eat normally have been doing this all their lives. They must wonder what the heck we're obsessing over! I have been working on getting myself to feel the hunger. I no longer eat when I get up. I wait until I feel the hunger and make sure that it's hunger. And then I eat a smaller meal than normal, to be sure to feel the hunger before the next meal. So many times I'm sitting down to eat a meal and I'm not the least bit hungry. It's just a habit that needs to be broken. It takes time and diligence.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 08:39 PM   #364  

Very busy here.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 10:21 PM   #365  

Quote:
Originally Posted by slmn11 View Post
That's it! And thin people who eat normally have been doing this all their lives. They must wonder what the heck we're obsessing over! I have been working on getting myself to feel the hunger. I no longer eat when I get up. I wait until I feel the hunger and make sure that it's hunger. And then I eat a smaller meal than normal, to be sure to feel the hunger before the next meal. So many times I'm sitting down to eat a meal and I'm not the least bit hungry. It's just a habit that needs to be broken. It takes time and diligence.
I agree. It is my desire to change my habits to good ones. I don't like feeling full. I want to really know when I'm hungry and when I'm satisfied. It is a process of work which takes time and diligence. I believe if we keep at it and don't give up, we WILL MAKE IT.
Old 11-20-2011, 03:25 PM   #366  

My DD's divorce was final on Fri. Lots of family here to support her and staying until after Thanksgiving. DD's two year old son had his birthday party here last night. So cute. I've got a lot of things already made for Thanksgiving......frozen fruit salad, roll dough for seventy or so rolls and 2 pie crusts. Hoping to not be rushed ha!
Old 11-20-2011, 06:31 PM   #367  

Carolr - 70 rolls??? Did I read that right???? Just how many people are coming for dinner??????????? LOL I have nothing done. I won't start until Wednesday when I make my pies. DH doesn't allow me to make anything ahead. That means they are "leftovers" and he won't eat "leftovers." He's silly, I know. The only reason he "allows" me to make the pies the day before is because he wants to start eating them.
Old 11-20-2011, 07:05 PM   #368  

Probably about 25 or so but they love homemade rolls. I'm thankful my DH likes leftovers but he wouldn't consider frozen dough leftover and the salad is served frozen. I will make the chocolate and butterscotch filling for the pie on Wed. We will also have turkey with dressing and prime rib. I'm pretty tired when it's over. ha
Old 11-20-2011, 07:09 PM   #369  

Just bumped something and lost my post. There are ten kids, nine spouses and 13 grandkids. There are always a few extra's invited by someone in the family.
Old 11-20-2011, 08:22 PM   #370  

Carolr - I used to cook like that when previous hubby was living. I would start cooking the week end before Thanksgiving and had to make at least 2 of every kind of pie and even a few cakes. We had the works. I too was so tired by the time the last person left. Wasn't unusual to have up to 35 people once all our kids and nieces and nephews were grown. Then one might call and ask if they could bring a friend and of course I couldn't refuse. We had so much food that we were glad to have them. Only did the rolls one time back then. I made the dough and DBIL made them into rolls. That's a lot of work you are doing for your family and I'm sure they love them.

Now my kids are all spread out and I don't get to see them during holidays. Will just be DH's DD and her family. I had decided to make enough of my cornbread dressing for me and learned tonight that DD wants me to make enough for all of us. So will be making a big batch. She will make a smaller batch for the bread dressing for her daddy and son. I'm making a no-bake cheesecake and she is making a pumpkin pie and that will be our desserts. I'll cook the turkey and she will do the rest.
Old 11-21-2011, 12:10 PM   #371  

We have 3 kids and spouses with 5 grandkids who won't be here. They live on the east and west coast. We skype them in for a little while, It is very noisey and kind of hard to visit. But they all seem to love it.
Old 11-21-2011, 06:19 PM   #372  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

[QUOTE=slmn11;4108643]Catholic Cajun - Yes this is the busy season for retail. What kind of stores do you have?

We have 3 Christian Stores, so Christmas is our busiest time, of course in the Spring we have Communions, Confirmations and Mother's Day to keep us busy also. Thanks for asking.
TamTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 08:39 PM   #373  

Hi CC. Anyone else not lose weight with exercise. I have been doing WATP for 6 mo. now and for a good part of that for an hour a day. It really helps with blood pressure and other aches and pains but not a pound lost.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:50 PM   #374  

CC - I can believe this is a good season for y'all. I love reading Christian books as well as biographies. I could spend a fortune in a Christian bookstore very easily.

Carolr - I haven't been faithful with the exercises myself. It is difficult to work it in with the kids living here. But when I did do the watp, it didn't seem to help me to lose weight. But I wasn't 100% with it either.

Going to store to get a few things tomorrow as I get senior citizens discount on Wednesday. I'm sure everyone will be busy getting ready for Turkey day. Y'all have a Happy Thanksgiving Day.
Old 11-26-2011, 10:34 AM   #375  

Carolr - I cannot lose weight with exercise alone. I have to reduce my portions significantly to lose.

It sound like some here had very large gatherings for the holiday. Everyone used to go to my MIL's until she passed away. Everyone went their own way and after that I cooked for DH, 2 step children and spouses. A sister-in-law passed away so that BIL starting coming to our house. Then a single brother-in-law started coming. Now, a third brother-in-law and wife started coming because her family went their separate ways after their parents passed away. So my house is now like Mom's house used to be, only my house is a lot smaller and gets very crowded. But everyone had a good time and seemed to enjoy the meal, so it ended up to be a nice day.

Strangely, since I was having some people who had never been here before, several things went terribly wrong. My pies didn't turn out as "pretty" as they usually do. I made an apple pie and the bottom crust didn't get done. I tried making rolls in my new double oven and the tops of them got too dark. I was busy so DH and his daughter carved the turkey, but the word that comes to mind is "butchered". It was not pretty. LOL But everyone ate it and said it was good. My answer to that is, anyone who was not happy with the meal at my house is free to volunteer to do it next year!