General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 01:59 PM   #436  

S/C/G: 203/198/110

Height: 5'0

Hi, we are in the same boat goal wise, I just want to let you know im 4'10 and i weigh 203, so maybe we can push each other on! I just started yesterday, and I feel great. Any suggestions? How long have u been on?

Love Sarah
Old 09-29-2011, 01:46 PM   #437  

S/C/G: 208/178/120

i think you meant me since our stats and goals are almost exactly the same. we're like weight loss twins!

i started on september 19th and lost 8lbs the first week. to be honest, i cheated a couple of times and regretted it every time. before this diet, i only ate once a day after 6pm so i get full off the tiniest bit of food between 12-6pm and i would feel horrible around 9-10pm. i'm handling the cravings a lot better now. i have jello and sugar free werther's originals on hand and drink lots of water.

i don't have too many suggestions, as i'm still trying to get the hang of it, too. one thing i know about myself is i have to mix up the food options or i'll get bored and stop. i'm starting to follow the recipes on the accuweight site to get some variety. i also follow the accu-list for inspiration but i probably won't talk there - just hearing others stories helps keep me motivated. in terms of working out, i'd go off of how you feel that day. don't quit what you love to do but listen to your body.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:21 AM   #438  

S/C/G: 208/178/120

has anyone made the wise fries? they're AWESOME! i broke down and made them on saturday cause my #1 craving is always fries and it was so worth it. i can see myself making them atleast 1-2xs a week...
Old 10-11-2011, 11:53 AM   #439  

S/C/G: 167/see ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Default newbie

I've been lurking on this board for a few weeks and finally decided to start the bead diet. I started sunday and have lost 4 lbs already, off to a good start. I've definitely been hungry in the early afternoons but have resisted the temptation to cheat so far...

Anybody else just starting out or still reading/posting here at all?
Old 10-26-2011, 10:22 PM   #440  

S/C/G: 155/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi, I've just joined. I will be starting the bead diet on 11/1. I am 5'8 weighing 155 pounds. I hope to lose 10-15 pounds. Any idea on how long this should take me? I'm hoping to drop at least 7 lbs in the first week.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:25 AM   #441  

S/C/G: 199/170/140

Height: 5'6"

Hello! I started AW in early Sept and then took a 2 week hiatus in early Oct as I was on vacation. I lost 24 pounds in the first month. Since returning to the diet last week, I have dropped 5 pounds despite 2 major cheat days. I was frequenting the "official" forum, but the drama is driving me mad, so I hope it is ok for me to join you guys here.

I hope you are all doing well!
Old 11-01-2011, 04:17 AM   #442  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

(Tiptoes into the forum)

uhh..hello..

Okay, so im feeling a little wary of this whole bead diet..the reason being..my mom is a nurse and i can hear her saying "your starving yourself" ...so the thought of living off of milk for two days..maks me want to ask a question before i embark on a very restrictive diet..

How do you know that your losing actual fat and not just losing muscle mass or starving your body??? or its just water loss???

Thats my only questions.. oh ...and what fruits can you have???

Im hoping to try this out...cause im feeling desperate now...so.. i dont want to invest in the beads yet..i want to try out just the diet part of it first...and if i can do that for a few weeks, i will buy the beads too..

Ive been on fasts before, so i know i can discipline myself.

Does anyone have an idea of what the total calorie count is for each day?
Old 11-01-2011, 11:24 AM   #443  

Day 1 for me. Not hungry in the morning & I usually drink black coffee and tons of water, so this is nothing new! I'm sure in a few days I'll feel differently. May only be on this for a week or two apparently, so I won't be cheating at all to get the most out of it!
Old 11-02-2011, 03:25 AM   #444  
Porthardygurl

is there no one on this forum anymore? is it that unsuccesfull?
Old 11-02-2011, 09:28 AM   #445  

I dont' know where anyone is, but I'm on day two, and I woke up down 3.4 pounds. I don't know the answers to all of your questions, but the website has a FAQ page, and also I found out a lot of information by reading older posts in this thread. Hope it helps!

Good luck.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:59 AM   #446  

So, most of the diet centers have official forums, which is why most folks aren't on here. I think some folks that were on the diet actually had their body fat measured before and along the way. The diet sounds hokey, but it has been working for me (like no other diet, including Atkins where you do technically starve yourself b/c you go into ketosis). I wouldn't do the diet without the beads though as that helps temper your hunger (for real) and supposedly stimulates your hypothalamus to help keep your body from going into starvation mode. Please don't ask me the science...I don't know it

The cost is not for the beads themselves, as those are cheaply bought online. It is to buy the bead placements which change every 9 days. You can eat all fresh fruits (no dried). There are veg restrictions. If you want the diet details, go to the accuweight website and listen to some of the tutorials. I think it will be very tough without the beads though. I say this as I changed a placement 1 day late on accident (I thought I didn't need to yet). On the day I realized I was late changing them, I only realized it because I wanted to eat everything in site (which is not normal since I started the diet).

Good luck!
Old 11-02-2011, 12:01 PM   #447  

PS - your first couple pounds are water-weight, but there is no way that I have lost 30 pounds of water weight. I lost 25 in one month and then an additional 5 this week (I took 2 weeks off for vacation). I lost the 5 pounds this week despite a LOT of cheating (which I didn't do the first time). If you have good self control, then this diet is a great choice.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:26 AM   #448  
Porthardygurl

emilykr- how do you know your losing fat and not muscle cause im weak enough as it is..i would be scared to lose any more muscle than i already have from previous bad diets
Old 11-03-2011, 01:49 PM   #449  

S/C/G: 212/212/140

Height: 5'5"

Hi, I'm new here. My bestie from highschool is on this diet and did it earlier this year, losing 40lbs in two months. She stopped doing it and her weight creeped up a little, so she just started again. She is trying to talk me into it and I've seen the official website and I'm trying to reason a $179 (including shipping) expense to this program. I have willpower and the desire to lose the weight. But money is tighter, so I mean if I can do this without the beads...or perhaps purchase stainless steel beads from somewhere and tape them on myself, it would be the ultimate thing for me to do....

I know this forum has been going on forever so this may seem like a redundant question but has anyone done this without using the beads? Perhaps just massaging the pressure points? Or have you ordered beads from elsewhere?

Here's my history: In highschool I was around 160lbs and was just big. I had a completely different shape. I feel like since I've been in adulthood now for a little while (i'm 26), my body has gotten more feminine. Anyways, I got up to around 180 when i was 20 and decided I needed to do something, so I started South Beach and got to my lowest of 140, but stayed within a 140-150 range mostly.
Fast forward through some serious stress, a marriage, and a pregnancy, and I'm over 200lbs now which I swore I'd never ever get to. I'm teetering on a size 18 at the moment, which my biggest parts being my stomach (oh so jiggly) and my thighs. So I want to drop some major weight by the time my baby turns one, which is at the end of December.
Like I said, I am more than determined to get through this diet to at least shed 20-40 lbs by his 1 yr bday, but is is ABSOLUTELY necessary to drop close to $200? Or can I get away with massage or purchasing separate beads from say a craft store or something (stainless) that I could tape in place?

Thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-04-2011, 01:28 AM   #450  

This program is successful if you stick to it. For someone who has 20 or so pounds to lose, their program term will be relatively short and can expect to be successful. For thos who have significantly more weight to lose...more than 50 pounds...this program is more than challenging. It is stressful, especially if you are doing the long-distant program and have next to no support. The longer the journey and the more isolated you are from like-minded people, defeat comes easily.
The official AW forum is intimidating to say the least. There are some veterans in there who had the benefit of doing the program in-office and they have been giving out advice for a long time to newcomers. They are tired of repeating themselves and seem very, very grumpy.
I failed painfully at AW and wouldn't even try it again without a partner, and even then, I would modify the program so that I am reaping maximum benefits with less stress on my system. BTW, one common symptom of this diet is thinning hair or hair loss, which is why it is crucial to not omit vitamin supplements. Take them preventatively and even then watch for signs of depletion. Leg cramps is another indicator that you are suffering from potassium loss...eat bananas regularly on fruit days.
Good luck to newcomers, and if anyone is in SoCal, I am looking for a weight loss partner.
Closed Thread