General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 01:28 AM   #451  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Emmylee-im in the same position as you..wanting to lose lots of weight for around the end of christmas but i cant seem to get any information here..i heard that reading the old forums might help??? so i thought about doing that...i myself was thinking of doing it without the beads to see if it at least works?
Old 11-04-2011, 06:24 AM   #452  

S/C/G: 208/178/120

Height: 5'0

i don't think doing the diet without the beads would work. you're paying for the location of the pressure points every week since they move around. i've been on the diet since 9/19 and i haven't had the same two pressure points yet. i think i read in the earlier posts that they may repeat after a certain number of weeks but i'm not 100% sure.

the purpose of the beads is to massage the necessary point so your body doesn't go into starvation mode. we're tricking our body into thinking we're eating the right amount of calories. doing the diet without knowing the exact spot to use would be tricky.

the diet does work but you have to be motivated enough to stick to it. i've gotten weak and cheated a couple of times and regretted it every time. i've never lost 19lbs in 5wks without exercise - even with having a couple of nights where i deviated from the program. it is a lot tougher doing the distance program because you're forced to push yourself. i wish i liked the accuweight email list enough to talk, maybe it'd be more effective. as it is, it's not too bad just reading what's going on and having my kids and husband cheer me on.

Last edited by labellaleah; 11-04-2011 at 06:25 AM.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:11 PM   #453  

S/C/G: 191/191/110

Height: 5ft 2inches

You can do it without the beads, people say that it's harder but i dont feel like it is, but i also take an appetite suppressant the first couple of days so that i avoid all the lovely side effects you may get. I usually get a headache, and a lot of odd cravings. I'm looking at getting back on this diet again. I was doing another diet with my doctor sort of a nutritionist diet- but i only lost 5 pounds in the couple of weeks i was on it. so my doctor agreed to let me do this one if i meet with him so he can check up on me. I myself have done this before so if anyone has any questions i'll be willing to help
Old 11-05-2011, 04:55 AM   #454  
Porthardygurl

megsy- what type of anti-suppresent are you on? ive been looking into the idea of trying one but not sure which one would work most effectively? Do you find drinking only 32 oz of milk to be hard? or do you drink lots of tea and eat lots of jello too? does your body adjust to the amount? or lack of?
Old 11-07-2011, 01:42 PM   #455  

S/C/G: 212/212/140

Height: 5'5"

Today is my day one and I have a headache I'm not fully able to get rid of, but i have been massaging my head anyways and it seems to dull the ache. i googled alot of acupressure sites...not just for hunger but also think about headaches, digestion, etc. I didn't want to invest the $200 into the program bc I am on a tight budget. If I have to, I will in a couple of weeks. But right now I am focusing on massage. i started on milk today. is it 20oz of dairy your allowed or 32oz? the killer will be tonight with my husband and baby. i had veggie pizza last night and i know i will want some tonight when i smell his leftovers heating up. ahhhhh just get through this week.....i know once i see the positive results on the scale i will be more determined to stick to it.
Old 11-17-2011, 03:38 PM   #456  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
megsy- what type of anti-suppresent are you on? ive been looking into the idea of trying one but not sure which one would work most effectively? Do you find drinking only 32 oz of milk to be hard? or do you drink lots of tea and eat lots of jello too? does your body adjust to the amount? or lack of?
hi im sorry for the lateness in the reply. it takes me forever to check on here unfortunately! i take oxypro elite. it literally gets rid of my hunger completely. i actually just got over my period so i didnt want to start until after because its so hard to stick to a diet when your on it. i hate hate hate milk days what i do tho is add ice cubes and the walden farms marshmellow flavor and chocolate syrup and it makes a delicious shake. i drink a lot of tea because i get REALLY nauseous easily.

what i did this time (todays technically day one for me) i did a colon detox. which was torture because it cleaned a lot of my system out but it also made me run to the bathroom as well. but i did that for 2 days which cleans your system and made today pretty manageable i mean it's only 3:30 and i dont really have many side effects except maybe a headache.

but usually by the 4th day of being on the diet i start to adjust quickly. your stomach starts to shrink..
if you'd like e-mail me that way i can get in touch quicker. yuppa410 @ yahoo dot come
Old 11-17-2011, 03:40 PM   #457  

20 oz of dairy on the program i'm on. i dont go to the doctor and pay for the beads because i'm a college student with little to no spending money for myself. so i just basically massage the back of my ears and pray to not feel hungry.

honestly. WATER WATER WATER. it will make loads of a difference. you'd be surprised how much hunger you'll lose with drinking a bottle of water.
Old 11-19-2011, 02:07 PM   #458  
Porthardygurl

how do you guys deal with the veggie days? i hate veggies! how do you down them?
Old 11-26-2011, 08:10 PM   #459  

S/C/G: 184/133/120

Height: 5'2"

Default motivation to lose weight.

hi everyone.

i haven't read many of the posts on this thread.. so i hope i'm not repeating a story told one too many times..

i can't remember a time in my life when i haven't felt overweight. growing up, i was always a little pudgy.. cute enough for adults to go "awwww" over, but as you know, chubbiness eventually turns into "well, maybe you could skip the dessert and sweat yourself through.. a desert instead.. haha..hahaha". i was always "ten to fifteen pounds overweight". at 5'2" and at the age of 15, i got myself to a healthy weight for my frame and height of 120 lbs. Even then, i remember having a bit of a pudgy tummy. when would this ever stop?!

the rest is a blur! i remember being 175 or 180, senior year prom. i remember staring at a scale, somewhere around 19.5 or 20 yrs of age, and seeing 184. the highest number i had ever seen!

last summer, when i was 20, through numerous sweat and tears, i lost 14 lbs. before starting the bead diet this summer, i weighed 169.

currently im 141. my 'ideal' weight at this place is supposed to be 130.. my general physician would like to see me at 125.

but it's taking me forever to get to that. i don't know how to motivate myself anymore. a lot of my relatives, friends, coworkers have noticed my weight loss and it has made me feel uncomfortable.

growing up, i was made to feel very, very insecure about my weight and my body. somewhere in my late teens, i had grown to love and cherish myself just the way i was. i never once made myself feel bad about the way i looked. why did being 'fat' have to equate to being ugly? why did people assume that in my heavier days, i possibly couldn't be happy and was constantly trying to 'trim down'??

we could debate for days over what happiness and how you find it but for me.. getting down to 120, getting down to 130.. it just doesn't make me happy. why? because i never had self-esteem issues. i'm not sure what i should associate being 'thin' with. i'm not looking to feel better about myself. i started this diet solely on the basis of NOT being obese, and NOT being overweight. now that (according to the BMI index) i'm very close to being in the normal weight range, i've run out of motivation to get down to my goal weight.

at the doctor's office one day, he asked me to fold the post-it i was holding (with my current weight, etc.) and asked me to close my eyes. he told me, "imagine that yvonne has just told you that you have reached your goal weight. how do you feel? touch that feeling.."

honestly, i didn't feel great. why am i supposed to feel better about losing weight? i just don't get it.

it took me years to build confidence, to build up a high self-esteem. but it was all over a certain body.

with my body changing at the fast rate that it has, i don't know how i feel about my new one.. and i feel i'm having a tougher time adjusting to it because everyone treats me as if it's a better version of myself.

i hope you all had a wonderful weekend. hoping to keep myself motivated through this tough time.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:15 PM   #460  

Default This Thread is Dead

It's so hard to keep this thread going.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:04 PM   #461  

S/C/G: 166/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Anyone still doing this diet??? I've started and stopped after just a few days quite a few times but I found a picture of a skinny lady in a gorgeous wedding dress that I want and it's my motivation to continue - the best motivation I've had in a while. I'm doing just the diet, no beads. Please join me if you're still watching this thread - I could use the encouragement!!
Old 03-01-2012, 11:24 AM   #462  

Hello- I'm planning on starting again Monday. I could use the encouragement also. I haven't gotten on the scale yet but can imagine i need to lose a good 30-40 lbs
Old 03-03-2012, 07:16 PM   #463  
mar

Default beads or no beads? that is the question

Hello everyone!! I'm looking for support as i am re starting this diet tomorrow and could really use the support. My mom did it a few years ago with the beads and lost alot of weight. I did it months later without the beads and lost alot of weight too. The website has lots of recipes too. Fast forward to about 3/4 years later married and two kids later and I NEED to do the diet again. Tomorrow I will start with a milk day. Id really appreciate anyone with support or tips. Thanks so much and I'll let u know how i do tomorrow. I think just having to report the truth will motivate me BC I really don't want to have to admit that I cheated. Its OK if noone posts or replies bc this will b good for me.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:12 PM   #464  
mar

1st milk day complete!!!! I'm proud of myself and if I can do it trust me anyone can!!
Old 03-05-2012, 10:32 PM   #465  
mar

2nd Milk day complete! Yay me!
Closed Thread