General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-20-2011, 10:06 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 175/165/129

Height: 5'3"

Default I did it - AGAIN! :)

My office is notorious for people ALWAYS brining in food or celebrating something - anything! Yesterday was January birthday month celebration, and they had ordered the most glorious cupcakes from a local bakery. I was so worried about going into the kitchen to refill my water, as cupcakes and cake are two things that I have a VERY difficult time resisting. However, I did it yesterday! I walked in, got my water, and left!! Each subsequent time I went into the kitchen I just wouldn't look over there - this little voice in my head kept saying "step away from the cupcakes - STAY away from the cupcakes!" LOL And I did it - I resisted the overwhelming temptation!! Whooo hooo!!
Kimberly2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 10:14 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 163/142/130

Good for you
Michou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 10:22 AM   #3  

Height: 5ft 4in

You are my new hero!!! Cakes and cup cakes are so hard for me to resist too. You are one tough lady! Doesn't it feel so good when you win the battle over the cup cake?!
adaem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 11:08 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 225/205/140

Height: 5'4

That is sooooo awesome good for you!!!! I have the very same weakness and yesterday there was Chocolate costco muffins in the work kitchen, my fav and I NEVER buy them, I was going to retreive my apple. Well I took a muffin to store away.... how dumb is that, it is still in the freezer and I have no plans to eat it. There was this discussion on another thread and there is somthing about feeling like this is a security blanket, trying to work thru this
Ashley777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 11:11 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 175/165/129

Height: 5'3"

adaem - it DOES feel so good!!! It's funny - I thought about taking "just a bite" - but I KNEW I would have to deal with myself if I did - and didn't want that! LOL I have to say, that has probably been the biggest milestone for me thus far!
Kimberly2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:49 PM   #6  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

That's awesome! Anything cakey is my enemy and I have a very, very hard time staying away from it. That is a great milestone -- congrats!
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 01:51 PM   #7  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 250 (Sept 2009)/177/150

Height: 5' 9"

Yay for you!!

I'm lucky that cake doesn't bother me. I've even made it clear that next week no cake for my birthday (a disappointment to all who want the excuse to have cake). Now, put out sausage balls like my work used to have and those can lead me down the dark path
Jesse Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 01:19 PM   #8  

I know how tough it is to break those habits! Good on you babe!
pattynelson is offline   Reply With Quote