General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2002, 12:15 PM   #286  
Long Lost Chickie

Dyan ... in my best "little kid" voice ... I'M not silly, YOU'RE silly!!! I'm tellin'!! Moooommmmmmm!!!! Neener, neener, nanny nanny boo boo!!!!

Whew! Just had a trip down "childhood lane" there. What fun.

I know you're right about going to the gym feeling punky but actually I'm feeling better at the moment. Just took the second of 4 daily doses of this new med. and will wait and see. Especially once I eat lunch. 'Cause, hey, this gal don't skip a meal for nothin'.

Hm ... ...part of my problem?

Nah!

Cafe, I'll join in on that group hug! Thanks. I needed that.
Old 10-08-2002, 02:29 PM   #287  

S/C/G: 308/238/164

Height: 5'5.5"

First and foremost, I just love this group! . Cafe, your right. In the begining I felt like I needed this place for survival, but now......it's more to "socialize" and it's become part of my routine. I love the fact that we are all from different walks of life, live in different parts of the country, but yet, we all have the same ultimate goal. I love the attitudes of all the ladies here. On another thread one of the members got her feelings hurt. She was feeling "neglected", so she tested out her "theory". I guess she wanted to see how long it would take for someone to ask about her. I appears it took 3 weeks. I can understand where she's coming from, to a point. But I believe that she went about it the right way. We all have "lives", problems, stresses, etc...and sometimes it's not feasible to be as supportive or be supported as much as you would like. So I guess that's why I said those things. I don't want anyone to feel as though I am neglecting them, and I will try to remember these things if I start to feel that way.

Jello, Jello, Jello......you sure can bring a smile to someone face . You are such a living doll.

I think we would all have a blast together if we were ever to all meet in person. Like I said before, the attitudes here are awesome. Sometimes, we do things to brighten people's day, and we have no idea that we've done so. I feel that way at least one a day. With the jokes, the encouragment and the everyday life here. I'm lucky enough to also have supportive family and friends, outside of the internet. I do honestly think of you gals as friends.....
Old 10-08-2002, 04:53 PM   #288  

Man I don't know who opened the gate here but our fall rush has started. Was just able to jump in and post on the challenges this morning and all [email protected] broke loose. The good thing is I haven't even thought about food today! And trust me that is strange for me. Anyway a quick hello to all and I've got to get, guess I'll be gettin OT this week.
Old 10-09-2002, 08:29 AM   #289  

Hi All! Hump Day! It's our puppy, Belle's, birthday. She's 1.
She doesn't have a clue, but the boys have new toys to give her.

Do you ever get freaked out by all that's going on in the world? The sniper shootings, first death from West Nile in my neck of the woods....war.
My house is gonna get cleaned today....remember, my control button. I'm starting to feel more control over other areas. Two days of exercise in a row, ha, and I think I'm in control.

Tiff, I'm afraid this new job isn't working out for us. Is it gonna slow down for you after elections? Seriously, I hope you like the job.

Frig is bare. Gonna clean it out, then go fetch groceries while little one is in school. The grocery store isn't such an evil place w/o kids.

Old 10-09-2002, 09:25 AM   #290  

Good morning to all, work is very hectic but we had a light shower this morning that should slow things down. At least until after lunch. Not much else going on in my life at the moment. Chat when things slow down.
Old 10-09-2002, 09:50 AM   #291  

Hola Chicitas!!

Just popping in to wish you all a good morning. I am so sleepy .

Tig ~ Did ya ever "really" get paid? I mean after the whole bouncing check fiasco.

Went and picked up our new camcorder yesterday. Loving it! Although I feel as though it will take YEARS to figure out all the crap it can do. It's digital and you can edit, do special effects, etc... Okay, me, NOT trying to be the next Martin Scoresese. Just want to capture my kids having a blast on vacation, holidays, etc... But one of the cool things is that it takes snap shots that you can down load into the computer. It has a memory card...again, way over my head. It's all about DH.

Got my work out, out of the way this morning. Jumped on the scale and it's lookig good. I mean any loss is a good thing.

Huntress ~ I have to give you props!! With all that must be going on in your life, you still are finding the time to post your points. I commend you on that. If it were me, I probably would have said forget it and would have dropped out ~ I'm such a

Semo ~ Hope you can find a break and check in today.

It has really been slow EVERYWHERE, so now I have to actually do wome work. I can't pretend like I am, when I'm reading the board! Hehe

Cafe, Brighter, Kayla, DNW, Tiff, Come out and at least say hi, so that we know your here!
Old 10-09-2002, 10:14 AM   #292  

Hello!
Dyan, I did get paid...but, DH had to go to her house to collect it! Lesson learned.

Working on my grocery list. It shouldn't be so difficult. :P
Old 10-09-2002, 11:13 AM   #293  

This window has been open, waiting to be filled for an hour and a half! Sheesh. This expecting me to work at work has got to stop, LOL. The nerve.

Well, H woke me up this morning and we went to the gym. First time going TOGETHER so that was kind of fun. He jumped on his treadmill to run some "easy" 7 minute miles. But although my pace was much slower (I target a specific heart rate in my ZONE) we were together so that was fun. Not that I talk much that early in the morning EVER, but you know. I'm stoked that he joined. I tried to get him to last year, but he said, "My gym is the great outdoors."

So I'm feeling pretty darn spiffy this morning. I always feel great when I come here from the gym. But I really have a hard time waking up for it. Oooo it's hard. But I'm totally fine once I'm there!

Hey, I think I got an extra credit point last night. I came home from work feeling pretty tired and ugly. And I had worship at 7pm. So I stripped off all my clothes, put on some "comfys," rubbed some rosemary essential oil into my scalp and brushed my hair, put it up out of my way, enjoyed dinner with H and layed down for 15 minutes before I got dressed and went. And it was good.

I've got a morning that won't quit. It's been another hour since I began typing! I guess I gotta go.
Old 10-09-2002, 01:00 PM   #294  

Hey Chicas.....

Check me out,

Water ~ CHECK
Exercise ~ CHECK
Food ~ 250 calories down and over 1000 to go!! hehe (okay, so it's only 10am here, but still....I'm on a mission.

Cafe & Semo ~ hold your loads lighten soon.

Where are all my other playmates? HEY! , I'm getting lonely! Somebody had better come out and play me....(so, I'm thinking.....we need a "pouty" face! emoticon) Hehe
Old 10-09-2002, 02:52 PM   #295  

oookkkkaaaayyyy......it's been like 2 hours since my last post.....this isn't funny anymore guys....guys?
Old 10-09-2002, 03:09 PM   #296  

Hello. Slow again today, heh?
I'm in a "zombie state'. We had a guy come to give us an estimate on removing some concrete and bringing in limestone. Looking at about $1000. I was dream'n somewhere around $700 tops. I'm sorta scared to come off the money with the chance of the economy dipping even lower. A new driveway wont seem so important in a few months if DH's job dies. What to do, what to do.... I know DH thinks it's too much$. On top of trying to finish the downstairs before the end of the year....ek. I need a job...not a babysitting job...a real PAYING job. Less than a year until youngest DS starts 1st grade....all day at school. Then, I'm suppose to go back to work. I'm not wanting to wait a year for a driveway.

I've chowed on banana chips today, so many my teeth are sore. I'm thinking they don't count as a fruit. I've been terrible with fresh fruits and veggies lately.
Old 10-09-2002, 03:47 PM   #297  
Long Lost Chickie

Well, if Ms. Tiffany ain't postin' then I ain't gonna post either! Humph! So there!

Um, Tiff? Feeling guilty yet? Out there makin' all that money while we're here, leaderless? Miss yooooooouuuuuuu!!!!!

OK, the truth. My internet connection developed a case of the black plague and didn't wanna get out of bed or something. I couldn't surf!!! Augh! I think it's back but it's soooo slow. Hope it's nothing fatal.

Question: Do you guys all have the same banner ad across the top of this forum that I have? It's for something called iShape. I'm getting real tired of looking at that same flat tummy every time I come in here!

Yeah, yeah. Jealousy....

And now I have to go. The good news is that I felt well enough to go to the gym last night and got a chance to try some of those new machines that my trainer showed me. Actually feeling pretty good today too. Get this. The french customers have changed their visit date and won't be coming until November now. Hm, I guess they were afraid they'd miss me.

Talk you all of you again soon! ALL of you. That includes Ms. Tiffany..... ????? Hugs and s!!!
Old 10-09-2002, 04:43 PM   #298  

Oooo! Slow day around here. Well, my list isn't much shorter but I needed a mini-break.

Dyan, we are on the same page today! water - done; exercise - done; food - have 2/3 of my allotment left. I think I'll put some points in the bank tonight.

Tig - bananas are bananas [now THAT statement should drive Tiffany out of the woodwork, LOL!] but dried bananas take up less space. It would be interesting to find out how many whole bananas you have ruthlessly eaten. I wouldn't feel too bad about THAT, personally, but they do say you have to watch out for dried fruit because the calories sneak up on you. It's the M&M drawer I'm worried about.

Jello - Way to go on heading to the gym on a less-than-perfect day! Make sure you're drinking your debil water today...

Well, I weighed in for the challenge on Tuesday the 1st and again yesterday. I did lose 2 pounds over the week. So yay! But that puts me even with my last recorded weigh-in on August 9. So I guess I let 2 months slip away without a lasting loss. Ouch. But during that time, I had a few things going on.

1) tough anniversary grieving (around Aug 15)
2) out of town (Aug 31- Sept 8)
3) getting sick and feeling totally crappy for what seemed like forever! (Sept 12- 22)

I guess the challenge helped me get it going on again, more than I realized at first. But my habits held me through w/o much of a gain which is the good news... I guess it was a slump - slumps happen. But it didn't FEEL like a total slump at the time because I didn't give up. I just didn't REALLY challenge myself? I feel good, though, strangely, because I held my own through a tough time and I'm back to swinging harder during better times.

FWIW

Cafe
Old 10-09-2002, 05:44 PM   #299  

I forgot to tell you guys, my sister had her baby. Little girl, Ellie Jean. Her third. She'll be thin again in no time. Steams me. She takes after our mother, lucky me, take after our father.

I'd be scared to know how many bananas I ate. To bad they have to add sugar and other ingredients when they dry 'em. Wonder how those food dehydraters work? hmmmm
Old 10-10-2002, 09:26 AM   #300  

Morning, all!

Still pretty quiet here... To everyone not here: HI!!

[Lots MIA, so not naming names, you know who you are.]

Tiger - Congrats on the new niece!

My folks had a food dehydrator once. It's like a lot of racks that fit together with a big fan on the bottom, and a top with vents. Kinda low tech, LOL. Might generate a little heat. Pretty easy to use, you just put your stuff on there and let it rip. You can also dry things in your oven on loooooooow.

Yeah, some commercial fruit dryers add sugar. Have to pay a little attention. Cherries are notorious. Gotta read the labels, like everything, darn it. There's really no need for the sugar, either.

So I went for a long walk with a friend last night... so technically I exercised twice in one day. Wish I could count double for that! Still it felt good.

All my little peeps are at a meeting this a.m. so I get a breather. Still, I'd better clear some of that stuff off my desk because when they come home (wagging their tails behind them) they'll probably go into their little offices and start thinking up more work for me.

Semo - I hope your day is a little less hectic today, too.
Closed Thread