General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2002, 09:22 AM   #256  
Long Lost Chickie

OK so last night I was driving home from the gym. If I'd gone straight home, I would have been fine. But noooooo I have to decide that I want meat loaf for dinner and stop at the grocery store to buy ingredients. Now, meat loaf is not necessarily a bad thing. However, Hurricane Lili is! It hit while I was somewhere between the condiments and the frozen foods.

The 5 mile trip home from the grocery store took me almost half an hour. Man, the sky was clear when I went into the store. When I came out, it was pouring and the trip home included such fun things as hail stones and falling tree limbs. I think the big deal was that it came up so quickly and people out on the roads were either going too fast, not realizing, or panicking.

All of this just to feed my big ol' face! By the time I got home, I wasn't even hungry any more. There's no place like home. There's no place like home. There's no place like home...

Cafe, wise words there girlie. Next time I'm feeling like giving up (happens occasionally ya know ), I'm calling on you!

Tiff, Mike sounds like a keeper! Oh and my funeral is going to be me in an urn sittin' on the bar while everyone eats, drinks and makes merry. BTW, glad to have you back in the game.

... yeah! Let's call it a game. It's not a race or a competition. It's all a big game. Let's have fun with it!

Speaking of fun, I learned all sorts of new and scary machines and exercises last night. A little sore today but I ... get this ... want to go back to the gym!!!!!!

Like wow.

Gotta run. Darn boss. TGIF.
Old 10-04-2002, 09:48 AM   #257  

TGIF........woohoo!!

Jello, Glad you got home safe and sound, when I drive in hard rain it makes my face and hands hurt. Yep, you have to unclench both when I get stopped.

Tiff, I am so amazed and in awe of you being a surrogate……OMG what an unselfish act of love and kindness. You are an angel from heaven girl.

The weekend is almost here and that’s when I have such a hard time staying on program. Guess the kitchen is too handy and/or tempting, heck it doesn’t even have to taste good for me to get into junk that I shouldn’t. Anyone know where you can buy cabinet and refrigerator locks in bulk?

Work calls, everyone pumped up for next weeks weight training? Chow
Old 10-04-2002, 12:02 PM   #258  

S/C/G: 308/238/164

Height: 5'5.5"

Morning all,

Cheye has school pictures today, so I had to come in a little later. I love DH, but I would be scared to see what her hair would look like, if I let him comb it today!

Cafe, in all honesty you took the words right out of my mouth. I pretty much felt the way you did, when Tiff said she didn't want to play the "game" (in Jello's words). But I've been hanging around on boards long enough for know that people get really offended very easily. Now I should have known that, If any one could have taken it, it would be Tiff. Come to think of it, I think we could all take it, I mean that's why we're here right? For support, encouragement and a good kick in the rear (when we need it). So bravo, for putting it out there. Now that that's said, the gloves are coming off and I'm forwarning everyone, when you need a kick I will be the first in line .

Tiff, Tiff, Tiff....I am OH SO GLAD, that you listened to Cafe and are back playing with us. I'm hoping to stick it out, that I won't have my surgery until the begin of November. I got my KS book yesterday and am 1/3 of the way through it. I am so pumped to start pumping. I'm already looking forward to Monday , did I just say that? okay yeah, that wasn't me, I think some evil thingy took over my bod!

Jello, I'm so glad to hear that you made it home in one piece! I bet that was super scary. I can't even drive in the rain. Well, I can, but like SEMO it hurts. Every bone in my body tenses up, and actually it doesn't matter whose driving. I've been in more than my share of car accidents in the rain . For a while, I kept having dreams that I died in a car accident. But right before impact I would wake up. Heart pounding, somtimes all sweaty. So for many years, I was super paranoid. Okay, did I get way OT, or what? Maybe you can have meat loaf tonight, and savor it even more, knowing what ya had to go through to get it.

Brighter, so glad that you're alive and kicking. Hope things are going well for you. I know that sometimes when people have fallen off the wagon, they tend to stay away. Did you fall? or are you just busy w/ a life?

Last edited by Dyanm1; 10-04-2002 at 12:06 PM.
Old 10-04-2002, 03:34 PM   #259  

S/C/G: 308/238/164

Height: 5'5.5"

Hey ladies,

I was looking for some videos for my kids and came across this. Tiff, Tig, SEMO, immediately thought of ya'll as we're starting the KS weight thing on Monday.

http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2....o_ssub_cat=971

KS workout videos for under 5 bucks!, was thinking about our cardio days!!

Hope it works!

Last edited by Dyanm1; 10-04-2002 at 03:37 PM.
Old 10-04-2002, 03:38 PM   #260  

Tiffany - lemme give you a big {{{{hug}}}}. You don't owe me anything! That's why we're all here, encouragement and support. I'm just really, really glad I didn't make you mad.

Re: your tough week, I'm sending some your way. : Hang in there and remember the joy of bringing that beautiful new life into the world. Birth is joyful and amazing. You can't let the parent's flakiness in photos and phone calls take rob you of the meaningfulness of what you did. I hope you are able to contact them, somehow. Regardless, the bond between mother and child is strong and I think you SHOULD have a little celebration for you and him. Wherever he is he will always have your blessing.

Dyan - I guess I don't need to get out the sign that says "kick me," not anymore! That's okay, I need it. You know, that's why I come even if I have nothing to say and just do a "maintenance" post to say I'm still here. Because it is part of continuing this WOL whether I'm doing well or just maintaining.

Bright! Whoa! 17 pages! Throw 10 of them away - we probably didn't say much, LOL. Nice to see you...

Tiger - Man, you are butt TALENTED!

Jello - I'm glad you got out of the rain! I'm not sure my meatloaf is worth going through a hurricane for. Way to go on the gym time! Follow that feeling and go back!

My DH was going down to sign himself up for the gym today so we can go together this winter. I'm excited, I know I can do it by myself but it will be SO nice to have someone else forking themself out of bed with me. Of course, he just wants to get some more muscles. Hasn't run a marathon in 2 years, so he feels like he's losing some of his shape.

Kayla, DNW, SEMO, and Huntress

Last edited by Cafe976; 10-04-2002 at 03:43 PM.
Old 10-04-2002, 06:31 PM   #261  
One day at a time. :)

S/C/G: 254/248/165

Height: 5'9"

Tig...let's start with weights on Monday, and we'll tackle the cardio on Tuesday!

I will post more in a while, I am off to develop some film..and hit the store, there ain't no food in the house!

Tiff
Feeling better today!
Old 10-04-2002, 08:21 PM   #262  
DNW

Thought you all might find this scene a bit familiar:

Come home last night after watercolor class and decide to watch some TV to unwind. Now I haven't watched TV in about 4-5 nights. Not even 20 minutes into the show I am having food fantasies, about cheese in the crust pizzas (which I have never eaten...plus in Jersey, no offense to anyone out of state..we Italians only eat pizza from Italian pizzerias, not Pizza Hut or Domino's...its almost blasphemy to eat pizza anywhere else. Plus pizzeria pizza is the best around here, because of all the competition.

In any event, then there is a commercial about Whoppers (which I used to eat like gum drops...they are the bomb!!!) And I am now thinking about how good a Cheese Whopper would taste.

Case in Point: Subliminal suggestions in commercials apparently do work since I had no desire to eat anything before I sat down. We I actually started to get hunger pains I relented and had a cup of dry Kashi Go Lean....but it was so-o-o difficult not to give in to the evil twins mentioned above.

Note to Self: No TV when I come home late at night.
Old 10-05-2002, 12:19 AM   #263  
I'm back again

Hi all,

I'm not sure if I fell off the wagon (or jumped off), Dyan. Just been trying to feel healthy lately...

I bought the book, Body for Life, and have been reading and incorporating some of the meals into my life. I have also been going to the gym on my lunch hour (it takes a complete change of clothes, lots of deodorant protection, foot powder, and baby powder to keep me dry for that hour) 2-3 times per week and walking 2-3 times per week.

My motivation, you ask??? Listening to Oprah talk at the Emmy's a couple of weeks ago, reading Tiff's posts about BFL, and reading some threads on the BFL posts. Oprah said she knew the only way that she was going to look good was "weight training" so, girls, we are on the right track. I'm in, so far, and it sounds like Cafe, Dyan, SEMO, Jello, and Tiff are, too.

Busy weekend so gotta go....thanks for the words of encouragement everyone....I know I don't visit as often but my words are sincere.

Where did my friend Huntress go? Has she ran away from home again without me? Hope she's warm and safe from LILI...

"Bright"
Old 10-05-2002, 02:09 AM   #264  

Hello girls.....

Tiff, You are such an amazing person, I just want you to always remember that, you are caring, and sweet, and understanding, and you have good advice, you are just amazing. and i hope that i am half the person you are someday!

Bright! How are you? Good job for keeping on track! im proud of you!!!

Cafe- You are so awesome too! just full of motivation, maybe you can send a little my way????

Dyan- Count me out of the challange...too busy.

Semo- How are you??????? funny you should mention fridge and cabinet locks, My friends parents go away every summer for two weeks...and while they are gone we all pitch tents on their acreage and party it up for two weeks, Anyways, the house always ends up a mess but the last year or two we've been getting locks and chains for the fridge and cupboards so people wont take all the food!!!!! lol. oh good times good times!!!!!

So tonight, me and my roomie, went to the new dollar store, which is also like a craft store, and HOLY...we spent $80 on craft supplies! we have a whole craft box now FULL of things to do! I started working on a scrapbook of all the newspaper clippings, and stories from when my friend had cancer and we were doing a "klipped for Kendra" fundraiser and all of the newspaper/school letters and stuff from when she died. Theres alot of stuff and im just trying to make a nice memorial book of it all. Its not really for anyone else, people can see it if they like, but its mostly just something for me to do for her, to kind of put some closure on it for me. I guess i should have closure on it already,....but this is just something i have to do, i cant really explain it to anyone.
anyways, it looks nice.

Well anyways, i have to work early tommorrow morning and then im going out tommorrow night, sunday morning is church, then i teach choir, then i have to study for a foods exam and do my bio homework! So im going to be busy but i will probably stop in a few times! take care everyone!!!!!
Old 10-05-2002, 05:19 AM   #265  

S/C/G: 265/245/150 SW/CW/GW

Height: 5" 6"

Hi all!

Got a busy weekend, it's my youngest daughters BD AND I'm dog-sitting while my folks are out of town.

Brighterdays - I'm still here, Lili didn't come this way. In fact, I think that Cafe got caught in her. Will pm you later.

Cafe - sorry to hear you got caught in that storm, glad to know you're OK. I would have been a basket case trying to drive in that kind of weather. I thought you lived in la but your location says pa.

Well, I'd better go check on her highness (the dog). She is so spoiled that she sleeps in bed with my parents and they insisted that I sleep over there with her. This is going to be an interesting weekend. Later...........

LJ
Old 10-05-2002, 09:53 AM   #266  

Kayla. You made me feel all warm and snuggly inside.

Ugh. My schedule this weekend is a killer. Action all day today and tomorrow, so I had better get started. I SWEAR I will find time to write more. I need to get another thread started for the Kathy Smith challenge, etc...so I will be back soon.....

Tiff
Old 10-05-2002, 10:08 AM   #267  

Good morning. DH at work, oldest son spent the night at a friends. So, just me and the youngest this morning. Kinda strange for a weekend morning.
FROZE my butt off at a football game last night. hmm, imagine I burned a ton of calories trying to stay warm. The wind was insane. Got home, and the temp said 60degrees! ?? Strange.

Today, I'm taking oldest son shopping. Lots of walking I'm sure and eat'n out for lunch. I'll do a salad

My arms are sore from exercise yesterday. Feel the burn!

Tiff, lead the way on KS! I'm ready. Glad to have a plan that lasts 12wks. Maybe it will help keep me from slumping. Cardio Monday for me is gonna be 3mile WAP.

Off to make beds and start some Italian Beef in the crockpot.
Have a good weekend everyone!
Old 10-06-2002, 10:27 AM   #268  

Just checking in - not too much to say.

Huntress - I *know* you meant to say Jello, re: Lili. I live in the frozen mid-north, remember? But I'm very glad you're safe. So many posts, it's easy to slip and type the wrong name!

Tiger - you'd better NOT freeze that talented butt of yours! How would you get any cleaning done???

Just checking in - been a hectic weekend but working my plan (although without TOTAL success, I feel good because I'm thinking, trying, and planning for next week already.)

I know I need to get out and get some of those books you guys have been talking about. I will get on that, but it's cold and rainy so I think making soup may be higher on the priority list today. The good news is, I believe they reopened the library downtown (after remodeling) so maybe I can dash over there on a lunch break and see if they have some wisdom I can rent.

~~~
Old 10-06-2002, 12:38 PM   #269  
I'm back again

Good Morning everyone,

It's cold and rainy here in Missouri and soup sounds so good....I'm gonna make some of that today....

Huntress...glad you're okay. Dogsitting, huh? I'd probably not do well with that....I get too attached to them and don't want to give them back!

Tiff...so you are one of those gorgeous surrogate mothers...my hat is off to you...can't imagine doing that myself. Morning sickness is all day sickness for 9 months for me.... I had three children and love them dearly but could not do it again.... What a unselfish gesture! There is a special place in heaven for you...

Jello...glad you are safe, sounds like you have had the bad weather, girl.

Kayla...I was wondering where that bubbly teen voice was on here! You still sound very busy and in constant motion.... keep that up, sweetie.

SEMO....its homecoming time around here....hope you have been able to join in the festivities this weekend.

Tiger...know the feeling of freezing on the bleachers...we've got about 5 more football games for the high school season. The cold weather is coming and we are gonna freeze together. Italian Beef sounds good....what's in it?

Cafe....I threw the 17 pages away...I'm wingin' it now and keeping up, I think???

Dyan....are you talking about a lap cholecystetomy? If so, you'll be fine girl! They are so much better than the old way with an abdominal incision and all that time in the hospital. They do lap chole (pronounced kol-e) procedures all the time now with amazing results--just make sure your surgeon has done alot of them---you know, "practice makes perfect". As young as you are, you will heal beautifully and be better in no time. I was researching lap choles when I was having stomach problems--it turns out my gallbladder was just a little dysfunctional ( I thought only people could be that, but oh well...) and I have a irritable bowel that is finally behaving itself with medicine!

Gotta go....wrote a book and need to get that soup going.

Take care everyone!

"Bright"
Old 10-06-2002, 06:06 PM   #270  

Tig and everyone else that is doing Kathy Smith...I am starting a thread for it. Called Kathy Smith Plan...

Did we decide what we were doing on Monday? Cardio or Weights?

I will start the thread and then check in later to see what everyone is doing...

Things will be hectic at work tomorrow, cause Oct 8th is the deadline for voter's registration and address changes and I have to work over until 6, so I will check in later Monday night...

Good luck to all involved and I hope this gets us all going!
Tiff
Closed Thread