General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 04-06-2010, 10:17 AM   #16  

They are in Steamboat Springs. I can completely relate to the panic when breathless. I told myself last time that I would move as little as possible but it never works. You just have to climb stairs etc. and you get out of breath. I think my dh is finally having sympathy for me now and didn't insist that I go.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:25 PM   #17  

Today I am 61. Can't believe it.
Old 04-07-2010, 02:00 PM   #18  
19Deltawifey

Congrats!!!

My book still hasn't arrived yet but still I'm becoming more in touch with my body and appetite.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:28 AM   #19  
War Eagle!

S/C/G: 194/165/140

Height: 5'2"

Happy Belated Birthday, Carol!

I'm still plugging away. Trying to eat healthier. I'm getting tired of the junk. I guess that is good, right?

Y'all have a great IE day!
theCandEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 02:20 PM   #20  

Those junk food cravings come and go but it seems the so called healthy food is what we most often crave. It's nice to be back home, though where I keep food that I like. I was at my son's family and we just have a little different taste in what we like. It's cold here again but I'm not really looking forward to hot weather until we get the air conditioner in that was supposed to be put in last summer!!!
Old 04-08-2010, 02:42 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, carolr!!!

It's true that the hunger for the junk seems to go away and is replaced with hunger for healthier foods. It is spring time and I am loving fruits and veggies... mostly fruits.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 07:28 PM   #22  

Thanks for all the birthday wishes.......greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!
Old 04-09-2010, 06:40 PM   #23  

Someone posted about IE on another part of this forum and I thought the replies interesting.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weig...ve-eating.html
Old 04-10-2010, 12:11 AM   #24  
19Deltawifey

Hey ladies sorry I have been MIA but I got my book in the mail today and was reading away lol. Its the IE book writen by evelyn tibole and elyse resch. It is so inspiring and has made me more at ease with this process and helping me figure out where I am mentally. It is hard to let go of the diet mentality especially since I had been dieting since the age of 13 it feels like (I am 25 now FYI). I haven't heard this book mentioned on this forum but I just wanted to give my take on it and it is a awesome book if your looking to really rid your thoughts about dieting and really trusting the process of listening to your hunger cues.
Old 04-10-2010, 08:06 AM   #25  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Happy Belated Birthday Carol. Man I thought that the IE forum was gone, did not know that #12 was started, ok, now my heart beat can slow down to normal! How are all of you ladies doing? I am doing ok, except for supper, I my portions are still to large, and I REALLY need to use salad plates all the time, not just whenever. Anyway, I am off to work, will be VERY busy today with 2 big churches having First Communion and one church having Confirmation. Have a blessed day. Tammy
TamTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 10:24 AM   #26  

Carly, that's the book most of us read in the beginning of our journey and it is very good. Tammy, I have trouble with supper, too, because I have always fixed a big meal for the family. Now that it is just DH and I am getting better about fixing small meals such as sandwiches or soup. For some reason, I usually start to lose weight in the summer and I think it is starting again a little early. I am so curious about that.
Old 04-10-2010, 01:12 PM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd2010 View Post
Hi everyone! I received Paul McKenna's book today, and I am really enjoying it. Catholic Cajun, you were so right; it's such an easy read and with just plain good common sense suggestions. I was honestly apprehensive at first, thinking the hypnosis cd would be too "new agey", but it's not like that at all. It's just a wonderful relaxation tape that gets you into a good frame of mind.

The book also comes with a wallet sized hunger/satiety guide and also the 4 golden rules, so I can constantly be reminded.

The author says to just sit down and read the book - he says it can be read in two hours and I believe him, it's such an easy read.

I do have to add that although I don't want another diet, I do feel a real need to eat healthy due to health issues. I greatly believe in the concept of volumetrics (eating low caloric density), but it can be done without counting calories or points, just focusing on low caloric density foods and eating less of higher ones. I am following suggestions in The Diet Denominator book and website.

I am very grateful to the person who started this intuitive eating thread. I really find like I've found a home here.

Now I have to go back and read all the threads I've missed!
dd2010 Thanks for sharing about Volumetrics foods. I got my book out and skimmed through it and you are right. It is very IE friendly and I have also added more of these foods into my woe. I was surprised how quickly some problems I've had from dieting too are disappearing. Thanks for the reminder.
Old 04-10-2010, 01:14 PM   #28  
19Deltawifey

I'm doing great and feeling more confident after reading the book. I made a huge mistake yesterday by reading the rest of the forums and becoming more and more frustrated with the diet mentality that some people have but anyways I've been there done that and they will have to learn on their own. So yeah now I'm back to only looking at this forum and I'm happy. I have still been taking it one day at a time. I have started slowing down when I eat things and really savoring every bite and stopping when I am satisfied it is taking a lot of practice but its getting easier everyday and becoming second nature.
Old 04-10-2010, 01:17 PM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolr3639 View Post
Carly, that's the book most of us read in the beginning of our journey and it is very good. Tammy, I have trouble with supper, too, because I have always fixed a big meal for the family. Now that it is just DH and I am getting better about fixing small meals such as sandwiches or soup. For some reason, I usually start to lose weight in the summer and I think it is starting again a little early. I am so curious about that.
Since I read up on the volumetric foods, I'm starting to just drop the weight. I'm wondering if it is because during the spring and summer we have so many good fruits and veggies to choose from that we eat. I love the fruits almost to the point that I could be a fruitarian except that I'm not willing to give up meat. Eating the fruit does seem to help cut back on how much of it I do eat though. Since I'm eating more of them, it seems that the weight loss is much easier.
Old 04-10-2010, 01:48 PM   #30  
19Deltawifey

What brought you to intuitive eating? I was just curious how everyone choose IE

What made me choose IE was I felt like if I had to get on 1 more diet I was gonna rip my hair out lol. I was tired of losing less and less weight with each diet and being heavier and heavier after stopping. I don't remember how I stumbled across IE but I was like is definitely something that I can do for the rest of my life. I never struggled with my weight until I got on depo and it made me so hungry and I ate and ate. Then after that came dieting and diet pills, they worked temporarily but never in the long run. I got so tired of yo yo dieting losing then gaining doing so well and then overeating.Everything made me obsess more and more about food and I was telling myself with this type of thinking I was never gonna have a good relationship with food. I'm so happy that we have a support group, I noticed that we are definitely in the minority with IE and a lot of people think its just mumbo jumbo. Well I think I talked yall heads off enough lol