General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 02-08-2010, 11:16 AM   #1  
Short dresses here I come

S/C/G: 157/122/130

Height: 5ft6

Default Weightloss & TOM

Sorry if this is the wrong area

Um~ it's an awkward topic, but because I'm relatively new with my weightloss (7 weeks) I have a question which relates to weightloss and TOM~
I read on the internet that when you lose more than 10% of your bodyweight, it can stop your period from occuring for a while~
My period is over a week late when it's normally on time and I'm wondering what to do ¬_¬ I mean, should I got see a doctor or something? I don't want it to dissapear!
So yes~ has anyone got any advice on this topic?
Thanks!

Edit: Yah I'm not pregnant~ and I take in 1200-1300 cals a day~

Last edited by VeeDeValentine; 02-08-2010 at 11:56 AM.
VeeDeValentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 11:35 AM   #2  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

I havent had my period since last july. Sur eyou can go to the Dr ( im going to assume you know for a FACT you arent pregnant?) and the Dr will tell you to eat more. Are you in an extreme deficit? like 1000 calorie deficit a day, or doing intense training/exercising, or low carbing it? or some/any combination of these three? Any or all of these can cause secondary ammenorrhea. I doubt your period would just STOP like that though, after seven weeks. Usually it will sputter around abnormally for a couple months before fianlly dissapearing. In my case, my period started coming more OFTEN, like three times in a month (although a very light flow) and then it just completely stopped.
If you are concerned go see the doc. Like i said, they will tell you to eat more, and possibly suggest putting you on a high hormone BC pill....... It is not abnormal for a stressed female body to stop menstruating, but that doesnt mean its ok, or that it cant be avoided. "They" say that health risks start to develop if your period is missing ofr more than three months.....
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote