General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 03-23-2010, 10:11 PM   #316  

S/C/G: 225/192/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi Lorie - did you get your dispay synched with your armband? How's it going for you? I have the GoWear Fit (BodyMedia FIT), and had no problems getting mine synched after I realized the armband had to be on my arm and powered on LOL! I'm doing Diet to Go also...saw you on the thread over there, too! I love my GWF and my DTG

~Terri

Down 20 lbs - DTG since Jan 21 - GWF since Feb 21....Yay!
TerriP64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 03:03 PM   #317  

S/C/G: 240

Height: 5'6"

Thanks L144S, I'm starting again today. Decided to have my boyfriend push me a bit by asking if I've logged my food for the day. It's just hard for me since I've been yo yo-ing for so long, I'm just ready to get this done!

Can't wait to get my ticker, I think that will be a motivator too!
Goldberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:45 PM   #318  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

My Gruve came today, YAY!!! Once I set it up it tells me RMR is 1450 so that is what I should eat to lose. It will monitor for a week and see what my body does. It will tell me how many calories I should eat to lose. I will probably have a lot of questions. Hope you girls will be here to help me out.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 12:29 AM   #319  
GoWear Fit All-Star

S/C/G: 280/266.8/150

I had a bit of a rough month weight-loss wise. According to my Go Wear Fit calculations I should have lost 9.2#. I weigh sunday a.m. and it will be right around 5#'s total for the month. My first 2 months using the GWF my loss was as predicted. My only guess for why this month is off is maybe my food logging wasn't as accurate as the previous 2 months.

Any other suggestions/thoughts would be helpful! I am going to be very, very careful with April's food tracking and see where I end up. I know any loss should be celebrated but I was expecting more based on my numbers.
mulder1921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 03:39 PM   #320  

I am joining tomorrow with wearing my BB. I have worn it off and on and I can see that the weight is NOT moving by doing that!

I was trying to do some weight loss videos but the truth is that i don't like videos. I will start with just getting back on my treadmill while watching TV. I have 3 kids at home with me all day so I can't walk outside easily.

Dawn
Dawn415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 01:05 PM   #321  

Hello all! I've been lurking for a while and have finally decided to post. I've been interested in getting go wear fit for a year now, and haven't done so yet. I lost 30 pounds on my own, but have gained half of that back in the past year. I've never logged my calories before. My question to everyone is this: How difficult is it to log calories? I know that there are different web sites that help with that, I'm just not sure I'd keep up with it. I have 15 pounds to lose to get back to my ideal weight. Is it worth the money to get gwf to lose it? I lost all of my weight before by working out in the gym 5 days a week for almost two years.

Thanks for any advice!
lutzgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 07:35 PM   #322  
Half Marathoner!!!

S/C/G: A bunch/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

Hi everyone! I finally bought a bodybugg and I got it set up and ready to go! I'm just wondering if all you have to do now is put it on and it will start tracking? I'm guessing since there is no 'on' switch that it will just automatically start tracking once it gets skin contact? Is this an accurate assumption? I'm excited to see how many calories I burn doing Insanity and other activities!
EveLHaelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 08:45 PM   #323  

S/C/G: 224/ticker/140

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveLHaelf View Post
Hi everyone! I finally bought a bodybugg and I got it set up and ready to go! I'm just wondering if all you have to do now is put it on and it will start tracking? I'm guessing since there is no 'on' switch that it will just automatically start tracking once it gets skin contact? Is this an accurate assumption? I'm excited to see how many calories I burn doing Insanity and other activities!
Yup, all you have to do is put it on and it'll start gathering data on its own. Easy as pie! Welcome to the group
augeremt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 04:35 PM   #324  
mtiger

Wink

Here is what I've learned from my Gruve so far. I should burn 530 calories a day. My average though is currently over 600. It has bumped up my calories to eat to 1573. Basically what I am getting is...eat more and work out a bit less. Seems like funny advice right??

Well today I hit a new low, 175.4. And that is with TOM popping up any minute now. Maybe this thing is correct. We shall see. I am not going to bust my butt everyday, but take a nice walk most days and throw in a bit of arms or legs on a few days. I will see how this works for me.
Old 04-03-2010, 02:14 AM   #325  
GoWear Fit All-Star

S/C/G: 280/266.8/150

I am sooooo frustrated. I have been completely on plan for the past 3 weeks and have lost NOTHING! I think this is my plateau. I think I am going to try zig-zagging my calories next week. I am trying not to get frustrated, but it is getting me down.

Fingers crossed....
mulder1921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 09:04 AM   #326  

S/C/G: 225/192/150

Height: 5'2"

Morning everyone! Hopped on the scale this morning, and it's now officially 22 lbs gone....Yippee!! How's it going for you?

Yes, I definitely LOVE my GWF, and Diet to Go, too! For the first time, ever...I can actually see success in my future!

~Terri
TerriP64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 09:56 AM   #327  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Height: 5'7"

I lost 9.6 lbs my first month with my GWF and that's with being sick and unable to exercise for half the month. that's almost double the 5 lbs I lost in each of January and February without the GWF, so I'm calling it a success! I'm still not able to exercise, but hopefully will be able to get back to it soon and start seeing some more great progress. And even without formal exercise, I was able to do more incidental movement - getting up and walking around instead of sitting at my desk for hours and hours, and adding even that small amount of movement still helps to get my calorie burn up where it needs to be.
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 02:48 AM   #328  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulder1921 View Post
I had a bit of a rough month weight-loss wise. According to my Go Wear Fit calculations I should have lost 9.2#. I weigh sunday a.m. and it will be right around 5#'s total for the month. My first 2 months using the GWF my loss was as predicted. My only guess for why this month is off is maybe my food logging wasn't as accurate as the previous 2 months.

Any other suggestions/thoughts would be helpful! I am going to be very, very careful with April's food tracking and see where I end up. I know any loss should be celebrated but I was expecting more based on my numbers.
I have been wearing my Gowear Fit for 8 months now, and I've had a few months like that. When I talked to a trainer about it, the reason is likely that I gained muscle and these devices account more for fat loss. He did my measurements and calculated out I had gained 3lbs of muscle and lost 5lbs of fat... I was only down 2lbs after busting my tail!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtiger View Post
Here is what I've learned from my Gruve so far. I should burn 530 calories a day. My average though is currently over 600. It has bumped up my calories to eat to 1573. Basically what I am getting is...eat more and work out a bit less. Seems like funny advice right??

Well today I hit a new low, 175.4. And that is with TOM popping up any minute now. Maybe this thing is correct. We shall see. I am not going to bust my butt everyday, but take a nice walk most days and throw in a bit of arms or legs on a few days. I will see how this works for me.
Same thing happened to me. I actually got the lecture from my trainer about over training and letting my deficit go too high and falling into starvation mode. He said not over 1000/day avg. I had to ease back on my workouts and up my food intake to get back on track... but I did exactly what he said, even though it does sound weird and it worked like a charm. Now I'm very cautious to keep my calorie deficit no greater than 1000. When I hit a plateau now, I change up my routine or food and it gets me back on track. To break my last plateau, I cut bread/potatoes/dairy for a couple of days(kept my carb ratio still around 50%, but it all came from fruit/veggies), and even though my intake stayed the same, I dropped quite a bit in those few days and it put me back on track.
goofyswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 06:59 PM   #329  
mtiger

Wink

Well this week I had to deal with TOM and I was on spring break. Just a really weird week. I am getting my burn in...no problem. I actually go over quite a bit each day. Eating the recommended calories is no problem. It is between 1550 and 1600 these days. More than I WAS eating. I am waiting to see how things look at the end of the month. Hopefully I will show a loss.
Old 04-09-2010, 07:24 PM   #330  
Exercise is an addiction!

S/C/G: 208.8/ticker when allowed/155

Hey guys...
Hope it's not too late to join in. I'm a body bugg user too. I love it. I'm still not logging my calories EVERYDAY like I should so I recently purchased something to help me log them on the go. Not really sure what it is, so I'll have to let you know when I get it. I like that fact that the BB gives me an idea of the calories I've burned for the day. My calorie def is usually around 1000-1300. I think I need the digital display to keep up with the calories I've burned to help me keep track of what I'm eating to and keep up.
I may be going through a plateau. I've been about the same weight for the last 2 weeks!! I'm weighing in the morning and if my weight is the same, I'm declaring a plateau and will be screaming for help!!!!!
Any suggestions?? I do plan to log my calories in better... but I have not stopped exercising. I'm really getting into exercise these days.
PrettyPearls is offline   Reply With Quote