General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 03-12-2010, 04:27 PM   #286  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'7.25"

Dawn - I am just back on track after a February I didn't use my GWF to its fullest and the scale bounced up and down the same five pounds because it was freezing, there was way too much ice to safely walk outside with the dog, and I certainly had the winter blues. March! is a new month with a great movement oriented name and I'm sure you can get back on track, too!

As for your burn rate, I don't know your height, weight, or age but maybe you could look into maximizing your NEAT (non-exercise activity thermogenesis) which is basically adding extra things like more steps, stairs, etc or do little bursts of activity (jog/march in place, kicks, pushups against the counter, etc) to help you get up your burn without having to add another workout or workout more strenuously.

Hope March is a good month for you!
dangerousfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 04:48 PM   #287  
ceebee

S/C/G: 177/121/146 -- 26 below goal!

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabra View Post
It isn't an app, but if you go to bodybugg.com on your iPhone it will load a mobile version of the website. It is still a beta version, but it seems to work great thus far. BTW...to make logging in easier/faster, I zoomed in on the log-in graphic and saved it to my home screen. Now I can touch the icon, and it will bring up the log-in graphic.
wow -- thanks for the pointer. just accessed from my itouch (dont have the phone, but itouch has internet connectivity).

How did you hear about this? so glad you posted to the forum.

ceebee
ceebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 05:20 PM   #288  

Thanks. All good advice.
When I worked full time I had a much easier time keeping up with just daily added walking as I was a high school teacher and paced the floor most of the day. I then became a school counselor and did less of that, but still did a lot of supervision.

Now I am a stay at home mom and it is a struggle, you would think it would be eaiser as I have more time to workout, but I get lazy!

I am 5'0" and 172 pounds. I am in the obese category.

Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerousfish View Post
Dawn - I am just back on track after a February I didn't use my GWF to its fullest and the scale bounced up and down the same five pounds because it was freezing, there was way too much ice to safely walk outside with the dog, and I certainly had the winter blues. March! is a new month with a great movement oriented name and I'm sure you can get back on track, too!

As for your burn rate, I don't know your height, weight, or age but maybe you could look into maximizing your NEAT (non-exercise activity thermogenesis) which is basically adding extra things like more steps, stairs, etc or do little bursts of activity (jog/march in place, kicks, pushups against the counter, etc) to help you get up your burn without having to add another workout or workout more strenuously.

Hope March is a good month for you!
Dawn415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 05:59 PM   #289  

S/C/G: 203/185/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceebee View Post
wow -- thanks for the pointer. just accessed from my itouch (dont have the phone, but itouch has internet connectivity).

How did you hear about this? so glad you posted to the forum.

ceebee
You are very welcome. I'm glad my info helped someone. I found out about it one day when I was scanning the posts on the bb message boards.
Sabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:16 PM   #290  
Wonder Woman in Training

S/C/G: 216/tracker/140

Height: 5'8"

Hey, everyone! Just got my GoFit yesterday and charged it up and started using it today. So cool...and great for an obsessive type. (Certainly not me ) I've enjoyed reading this board...so when they talk big numbers on Biggest Loser are they talking total calories burned or calorie deficit? If anything will get me to spend more time at the gym, this will...

Liz
Red Hook Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 11:59 PM   #291  

I don't watch a ton of Biggest Loser but the times I've seen them talk about their Bugg numbers they ask them about hitting their deficits. Although I have heard them ask what their total burn is, as well. 'Cause I remember one of the big guys said he was at almost 6000 calories burned and Bob was like, you'd better step it up to meet your goals.

Welcome! : D
Old 03-17-2010, 05:07 PM   #292  

S/C/G: 224/ticker/140

Height: 5' 4"

I think there's something wrong with my GWF. Like, I don't think it's actually doing a very good job of accurately calculating my burn, but only recently. About a week ago, the chart looked like this:

And now it looks like this:

Do you see all the flatness in the second image, while the first one has ridges and highs and lows even when I'm sleeping? It's like it's estimating instead of actually calculating most of the time.

I'm kind of concerned, since it's been giving me pretty high burn numbers when I haven't been losing weight, so I'm worried it's off. I also had trouble uploading data today, so maybe it's slowly crapping out on me. I don't know.

So, is there something wrong with it? Should I contact customer service? Or are the flat blocks normal for you guys?

Thanks!
augeremt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 06:30 PM   #293  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Height: 5'7"

Augermet -

My sleep time is generally flat, unless I've gotten up to use the bathroom, then I'll see a peak. Also, I notice that you were a lot more active on that second graph - the scale on the left side is very different. The first week was 0 through 8, but the second week was 0 through 12. So your sleep graph is actually similar, it just looks flatter. I bet if you moved the slider so it was just showing the burn from 12 am through 9 am, you'd get a fairly comparable burn from that time period.

I had one instance of a problem with synching last week but I just pulled the cord out of the GWF and my computer and it worked fine when I plugged it back in.

As for why you aren't losing, how are you doing on food?
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 06:32 PM   #294  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerousfish View Post

I totally agree with this - I've had very good success with trying to add extra movement into my day, rather than adding in additional intentional exercise. I try to get 100 calories for every hour I'm at work, which forces me to get up and walk for a few minutes each hour. When my regular exercise is added to that, it gets my burn up to my target.
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 04:05 AM   #295  

Thanks for the responses. I recently got a new armband of the GWF because I sent mine back for other defective reasons, so I don't know if it's the new one adjusting to me again or something else. I have noticed that my BMR was a bit high the other day (as opposed to the "old" GWF), so that may be it.

I'll try to be a bit more patient about it just in case. Like you said, it could just be the scale on the graph...one being 0-12 cal/min and the other 0-8 cal/min. Part of the reason I'm not losing (or at least it seems like I'm not) is because I've been drinking beer more often than I had in the past, and that always makes the numbers on the scale go haywire, regardless of my calories in vs. calories out. It's so random and unpredictable that I've stopped looking at the scale recently and have focused on the tape measure and inches instead.

I just noticed that my graphs started looking flatter at around the same time that syncing got troublesome, so I was curious if that was related at all to the GWF possibly failing again, and if you ladies had similar looking graphs.

Also, my armband has been pretty loose on my arm lately (must've stretched or something) so maybe that had something to do with it. Once I tightened it up this afternoon to make it almost muffin-top, I got the graph to look "rough" again.

There's just too many variables to draw any conclusions at this point. I guess I was just wondering if your graphs looked as smooth as mine.

Thanks again and keep the responses coming. I'm curious what your graphs look like!
Old 03-18-2010, 11:48 PM   #296  
Wonder Woman in Training

S/C/G: 216/tracker/140

Height: 5'8"

Okay, I'm on my fourth day now and I love, love, love my GWF. Particularly like the sleep tracker. But here's something I don't understand...I went to the gym on Monday (my first day with the GWF) for the first time in months. I did 30 minutes on the elliptical at a resistance of 6 and it registered as 28 minutes of vigorous activity. I was hitting 11, 12 calories a minute. Now, on day 4, I'm doing slightly more time at a higher resistance (going up to 10), covering as much ground but never registering as vigorous activity, and only occasionally getting up to 9 calories a minute. Any clue what's up? Is it because it's easier now that I'm back in the swing of things? I'm slightly confused.
Red Hook Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 08:26 PM   #297  

augeremt - my graph only goes completely flat when I'm not wearing my armband (or that one awesome time while changing into my sports bra I flipped the armband up so the contact points were up in the air) so maybe with the looser band you were having a hard time keeping contact and tightening fixed that.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:32 PM   #298  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Hook Mom View Post
Okay, I'm on my fourth day now and I love, love, love my GWF. Particularly like the sleep tracker. But here's something I don't understand...I went to the gym on Monday (my first day with the GWF) for the first time in months. I did 30 minutes on the elliptical at a resistance of 6 and it registered as 28 minutes of vigorous activity. I was hitting 11, 12 calories a minute. Now, on day 4, I'm doing slightly more time at a higher resistance (going up to 10), covering as much ground but never registering as vigorous activity, and only occasionally getting up to 9 calories a minute. Any clue what's up? Is it because it's easier now that I'm back in the swing of things? I'm slightly confused.
The elliptical is one of the machines that doesn't always give great feedback for the armbands and I think some people have better results putting the armband on their calf. I'm not an expert on using my GWF with machines but it does take the armbands some time to get to know you and first days can be really off.
Old 03-20-2010, 09:24 PM   #299  

Looks like it was the tightening that made the difference. Yay! I love simple fixes.

I've also been putting the GWF on my calf for bike rides since I hear that it's not as accurate on the arm for things like that. So I imagine the same being true for the elliptical since it's a much more fluid motion that running.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:17 PM   #300  
RS Cruise here I come

S/C/G: 167/162/120

Height: 5'2

Smile new body bugg user

I would like to join this thread. I have a body bugg.. I am trying to get it set up and going with it.
DeeYankeeTX is offline   Reply With Quote