General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 02-04-2010, 03:44 PM   #16  
banned

S/C/G: 242/201/155

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Diablo View Post
I also do something like this, but I make it in a cupcake pan. First line the cup with some thawed out frozen hash brown potatoes (the ones that are not cooked--only 70 cals and no fat per cup!) Then fill with your egg/veggie mixture and pop in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Then you have little egg cupcakes for the go!
OMG I love this idea. I may have to make some of these.

I make a skinny muffin for myself and now my daughter (she's in college) that is good and easy to make. Take one box of carrot cake, one 15 ounce can of pumpkin, combine until batter is moist. Bake in cupcake tins for 20 minutes. They're only 175 calories each and pretty filling. I love them for quick meals.
Hades Handmaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 07:33 AM   #17  

Hi! I am delighted to heed you. You should take fruits and salads in breakfast. It will help you to reduce hunger and supplies you all essential nutrients.
cadio wacian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 09:24 AM   #18  
banned

S/C/G: 242/201/155

Height: 5'9"

Okay ~ tried the egg cup things and while they were good, I'd definitely do it differently next time. For starters I'd line the pan with the hash browns and then cook them first before adding the egg mixture. I do this with quiche and it works well. I also calculated the calories, for me, I came out with 145 total for the entire muffin. My hashbrowns that I bought were 70 calories for a cup and a half of browns but I didn't even need a quarter of a cup per container to make them work. I also used a combination of whole eggs and just egg whites, 1% milk, and swiss cheese along with mushrooms. Next time I'm going to do them with salsa. I love eggs and salsa.
Hades Handmaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 01:50 PM   #19  

Since someone mentioned a fritatta, this is a recipe I've loaded up into my arsonal of foods that I've pleged to start making. I haven't tried it yet, so if its awful don't get mad at me!

Olive oil spray
1 cup chopped steamed broccoli
2 cups egg substitute
2 ounces (1 cup) finely shredded low fat cheddar

Prehead the oven to 350. LIghtly mist 8 cups f a nonstick muffin tin with teh olive oil spray.

Divide the broccoli evently among the cups (2 tablespoons in each). Bake for 7 to 9 minutes, or until almost set.

Sprinke the cheese evently over the tops of the frittatas. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes longer, or until the egg is not longer runny and the cheese is melted. Transfer the muffin tin to a cooling rack and allow the frittatas to rest for 2 minutes before serving.

Serves 4 (2 each).

102 calories, 18 g protein, 4 g carbohydrates, 2 g fat, 5 mg cholesterol, 1 g fiber, 362 mg sodium.
LoveConquers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 12:27 AM   #20  

I try to make sure my breakfast always has SOME protein, carb, and calcium. So, like today I had two eggs with a piece of whole wheat toast and a glass of milk. Yesterday I had a yogurt with an orange and some nuts! Tomorrow I think I'll go for a cheese sandwich on whole wheat bread with an anjou pear (my fav!)
thinlizzie10 is offline   Reply With Quote