General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2002, 03:56 PM   #16  
It's MY Life

Hi Everyone! I posted the other day, but have been missing in action. I have been kind of "easing into" the Fat Flush plan this last week. Today (so far) I have been totally Fat Flush (I think) I have been drinking my cranwater (I can't find the unsweetened or cranberries so I have been using the one that has Splenda in it. Do you think that will sabotage my efforts? I missed breakfast because I was so busy, but for lunch I had tuna, lettuce, onion and that flax/cider/seasonings dressing on it. Tonight we are having grilled chicken. I also got in one of my doses of Evening Primrose. I did my weights and cardio also. I don't know if it is because I was only partway on program until today, but I haven't noticed any difference. Okay, that's it for me. Let me know what you think about the cranwater if you have any clues. Thanks!
Old 08-14-2002, 04:47 PM   #17  
Slimwithin

Dee, we will be starting at the same time. I still need a few items and should be ready to roll by Monday. Monday is always a good day to start a new diet.
Meanwhile I want to see if I lost anything this week doing modified fat fast on Atkins. If that hasn't worked, I'll definitely be ready for something a bit more radical.
Nice to see some familiar faces in here...AddoAnnie, Sil? Good to see ya.
Old 08-14-2002, 06:05 PM   #18  

Thanks Sil for the welcome.
Linda it is always good to have a partner in crime.
We will buddy it together.
DEE
Old 08-14-2002, 09:37 PM   #19  

Dee, Linda, Ado- welcome. welcome.

It's really good to see so many joining us. i'm off of phase 1 on Saturday, but I'll be around for sure.
Old 08-15-2002, 08:07 AM   #20  
GARDENING ADDICT

Thanks for the support, Sundrop
~~~Sil
Old 08-15-2002, 09:57 AM   #21  
GO CANES!

ok, so do you guys like this fat flush better than just regular low carb? i"m doing atkins, but thinking about trying the flush. what do you think?
Old 08-15-2002, 10:20 AM   #22  

Way to go Sundrop you have done it.
How many weeks have you been on phase 1?
Can anyone tell me what the soup recipe is?
With the long life cocktail is that 4 oz of cran-juice and 4 oz of water? The total intake of cranberry juice is 8 oz a day,right? Or is it 16 with your cocktail? Thanks for your help?
DEE
Old 08-15-2002, 12:42 PM   #23  
Slimwithin

I think I can fairly easily slip from Atkins modified fat fast to FFP. After all, I'm already doing without sugars and starches. It might even be a thrill to be allowed a couple of fruit a day for a change. T he only thing I might have a big problem with is eliminating salt. How do you deal with that? I'm afraid I have a bad salt addiction and, although I have really cut down on it over the past few years, I just can't imagine eating eggs or meat without any salt at all. Even with the addition of the recommended herbs and/or spices. Blechhhh! How blah is that?
I just bought and have taken for the past few days, Evening Primrose Oil in capsules. It wasn't until I read the FFP book that I realized there is too much in these capsules. They are 1000 mg each. Do you think that will be a problem for me?
Thanks for all the support and advice.
LindaBC
Old 08-15-2002, 01:08 PM   #24  
GARDENING ADDICT

Dee~~~ Sundrop is in her 3rd week of Phase 1. She extended it alittle because she was haveing such good results. Many people seem to do that.
For Phase 1 (first 2 weeks) the cranwater mix is 8oz. of unsweetened cranberry juice in enough water to make a total of 64oz. This is what you drink in one day. After mixing it up, then you can pour 8oz of the mix in a glass to which you add your psyllium for the LLC. Drink the rest throughout the day, leaving 8oz for the evenings LLC.
I have a container that is approx 64oz. In the morning I mix 7-8 tsp of cranberry juice concentrate (which I get at the health food store)into my container, then add enough water to fill the container. I also add a few dropper fulls of Stevia to cut the tartness.
In phase 2 this will change alittle That is when you mix 4oz of cranberry juice to 4oz of water for your LLC. It's the same amount of cranberry juice except it isn't diluted throughout the day.
I'm not able to print the soup recipe due to copyright laws. But it is in the book.

Linda~~~I have been using Mrs.Dash Original Blend and the spicey blend for years instead of salt. I put it on everything:meats, chicken, eggs, sauces,salads, veggies, etc.

My biggest craving is for something crunchy like popcorn, peanuts, pretzels, crackers. I'm not a big sugar, wheat or dairy person but I will enjoy alittle cheese (cottage, cream,mozzarella) when I ease back into low-carb.

To anwser your ? about evening primrose (EPR).My bottle states that a serving is 2 caps, and it is a total of EPR 1000mg,GLA 90mg and Vit. E 30IU. I take 2 a day pluse my flax seed oil and flax seeds.
I also take magnesium to help prevent constipation, it really helps.

Last edited by 2BFIT1; 08-15-2002 at 01:13 PM.
Old 08-15-2002, 02:59 PM   #25  
GO CANES!

Talking WOW! I"M SO IMPRESSED

Ok, so I'm totally impressed. I am ordering the book off Ebay. just too expensive otherwise, but i would love to start this on monday! BUT. does anyone have a suggested shopping list of what i'll need? i am so impatient and would like to get going!! you are so inspiring!! FAT FLUSH HERE I COME!!!
Old 08-15-2002, 04:06 PM   #26  

Hi all! I hope you don't mind if I jump in here occasionally. I enjoy reading your posts.....they are so enthusiastic! I love this plan. It helped me shed 70 pounds in a year and I'm keeping it off. Even when I go up a few pounds, I just employ the methods I learned on this plan and the pounds melt away.
About the Evening Primrose Oil, I couldn't live without it! If you have any problems with brittle nails or slow hair growth, you will notice an amazing difference after a few weeks. I'm 42 and my skin looks better than it did at 35. I think you will all notice wonderful changes in your bodies as well......in addition to the weightloss.

Good luck to you all and keep up the good work!!!!!!

Ramona
Old 08-15-2002, 07:21 PM   #27  
GARDENING ADDICT

WELCOME RAMONA
Congratulations on such a great weight loss!! Please come visit here often. I'm sure that we will be asking alot of questions, as we are all new to FF.

Jihan~~~Good for you! This may be that jump-start you have been looking for.It may get alittle boring in the first 2 weeks, but give it a try. Anything is worth giving a try!

Since this diet plays a heavy role in detoxifying your body, many people have complaints such as headaches, constipation the first week as they withdrawal from caffeine, sigar and wheat, etc. It has been suggested in her book that it helps to take a pre-FF week where you cut back on caffeine, dairy,wheat,sugar,splenda,aspartamine. At the same time start drinking the cranwater (remember that it unsweetened), taking the LLC twice a day,EPR oil capsules, magnesium caps, etc. Then your Phase 1 will be much easier to tolerate.

Some things you will need to startmany can be found in health food stores (hfs)~
~unsweetened cranberry juice or concentrate
~psyllium husk powder
~lemon juice
~flax seed oil
~EPR oil caps
~magnesium caps (to aleviate constipation)
~a fat burner product(optional) that contains L-carnitine, chromium,choline
~the book lists numerous fat-burning minerals and spices

***Very important regarding flax seed oil. Even when you shake the bottle well, it will not disperse the sediment at the bottom of a new bottle. Stick a skewer stick down to the bottom of the bottle and dislodge the sediment (kinda brown-black). The resulting oil, once shook up will be a light brown color not yellowish. This is part of the flax seeds and gives it it's nutty taste.

This should get you started.
~~~Sil

Last edited by 2BFIT1; 08-15-2002 at 07:24 PM.
Old 08-15-2002, 08:06 PM   #28  
GARDENING ADDICT

Another item that I forgot to mention is Stevia. AGL reccommends Stevia Plus but I'm not a real stickler on everything. It is an herbal sweetener. I get it in liquid form and add it to my cranwater, my hot lemon water and my flax oil salad dressing mix. A small bottle goes a long way.
Right now I'm drinking some ice-cold lemon water with a few drops of Stevia for a nice lemonade!

~~~Sil
Old 08-16-2002, 08:09 AM   #29  
GARDENING ADDICT

Yeah, it's Friday and time for FRIDAY CONFESSIONS

Yesterday was P1/D13 for me and I blew it. I only have 2 excusses (neither are very good, but it's all I have).
First, my DH and I always go out for dinner on Thursdays. For the past 2 years it has always been considered our FREE DAY from dieting and exercise.

Second,TOM has hit with a vengence and it was my day to take my Methotrexate.
So, by the time my DH came home I was craving Veggie Pizza at the Mellow Mushroom. I confess that I ate 2 pieces of veggie pizza and I enjoyed every bite of it.

So, I will stay on Phase 1 for another week.
I'll check in later and I hope you all have a great day
~~~Sil
Old 08-16-2002, 08:24 AM   #30  
GO CANES!

Thank you Sil!!! I dont know how soon I can get to the HFS, but I'll try ASAP.
thanks for the info!!!!
Closed Thread