General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2002, 03:35 PM   #1  
One day at a time. :)

S/C/G: 254/248/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs down Curious #2! Doing our own thing!!

Ok! This is thread number two and I would like to welcome those of you who have been with us since the beginning of the thread and who are still posting and to those new people who want to be here with us and do your own thing!!!

There are no rules or requirements here. Most of us have modified a plan that has worked for us in the past. Right now, I am trying to eat within a certain calorie range and watch my fat. I know that I have to RE-learn how to eat and with the members here, I am learning just that.

The following is a list of people who have posted on the previous thread. Some are regulars, some posted once and disappeared and that's ok too. All input is valuable. To those of you who were here and disappeared, COME BACK!!!!!

TigerLily
Try'n Hard
WillBeThin
JustCuz40a
Karens3477
JuJuBeee
GettingThere2
Lizzo
Huntress
Jen519
Puma
Justme2338
Jello
Cafe976
Sandset
Diamondgeog

And of course, Tiffany123...little old me.

Now, don't mind Jello, she works in an armpit sniffing factory, but she is ok.

Welcome everyone and let's get this thread hopping!!

Tiffany
265/241/150
Old 07-13-2002, 06:12 PM   #2  

I'm Back!

I just caught up on about 4 pages of thread from the last one. I got into a funk and didn't even visit this site for almost a week. I did visit DQ, the snack box at work and various other self-defeating places. No weight loss THIS week! No gain either, though.

I think next time I get into one of those moods, this thread is the first place to come. You guys are so funny! So many thought running around my head, but the one that really sticks in my mind is that I think all male bosses went to the same school. I, myself, was overwhelmed by the amount of work I was expected to do, so my boss gave me an assistant. Now I have an assistant and shouldn't have any problems, right? My glorious helper is the boss's daughter and she's accountable to NO ONE. She greats her father daily by flipping him the bird. She comes in at least 10 minutes late every day. She works when she wants and can do a terrific job. Unfortunately, she doesn't often "want". Ah...but today is Saturday. No boss. Yipee!

Everyone have a great weekend.

Jen
238/226/215 (140)
Old 07-13-2002, 08:17 PM   #3  
One day at a time. :)

S/C/G: 254/248/165

Height: 5'9"

Hi Jen, WELCOME BACK!!!

Don't feel bad. You are awesome for coming back and NOT giving up completely. GREAT JOB!!!!!

I know how you feel. I am trying to figure out what my trigger was, but last night my daughter wanted to eat at the Chinese Restaurant and I agreed. (After all, it WAS her birthday!!) So, I ate the wrong things.

I did well all day today until 5:00 and then I ordered pizza. I know better, but I ate too much of it. So, the last two days have been a total wash for me. BUT....I leave in the morning for my mini-vacation, and the throught of driving 8 hours with 3 kids arguing has me worried, plus I am the type of person that wants everything to be perfect and I am driving myself nuts trying to pack and get ready. (Can't tell it though, can ya? I'm on the Internet AGAIN!!)

I think over the course of the trip, I will eat fine. I want to start again tomorrow and not make this a wasted journey in more ways than one!

Well, it would help if I got out there and exercised. I am not getting any younger and THIS is my goal:
Old 07-14-2002, 01:59 AM   #4  

Hello hello HellO!!!!!!

How is everyone doing? Well i had fast food today while i was in calgary so im kinda bad BUTTTTTT (drum roll please) i stayed within my points! yay!

SO anyways!~ i went to my baby cousins first birthday party....it was soooo much fun and he is SO cute!

but sad news! im leaving you guys tommorrow to go to camp! i am going to continue to do my weight watchers at camp, and i will get MORE than enough exercise, with swimming, camp wide games and chasing after little kids and keeping my energy up with theirs will give me more exercise than i need!

but sadly! i will be gone for two whole weeks! i MIGHT be able to post one day in a week from now but i dont know if im coming home for my one night break or not......(camp is 2 hours away) but we shall have to see.

I hope all of you continue to work hard at your goals and dont be discouraged too much if things are slow! We can ALL do it with time!!!!!
Have a terriffic couple weeks ( i will definatly check the posts tommorrow) and i will say a final goodbye tommorrow when i check!!!
talk to you all then!
luv
Kayla

p.s.
I got measured at the gym i go to......I LOST # INCHES!!!!!!!! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAWWWWWWWWWWW!
Old 07-14-2002, 02:01 AM   #5  

here i go with spelling errors again! its sposed ta say......3 inches!!!! lol....i know its not lots but...its a start!
Old 07-14-2002, 07:01 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 265/245/150 SW/CW/GW

Height: 5" 6"

Good morning ladies.........

Jen - glad to see you back! The most important thing to remember is that you are getting back in the saddle, getting back on that horse and trying again. I was just commenting to my sister-in-law yesterday how proud I was of myself this time for sticking to it and not giving up after a few weeks which was always the case before. Persistence does pay off in the long run. Tiffany mentioned that she didn't understand what her trigger was when she overate for 2 days.........EVERYONE overeats occasionally, even slim people. We simply have to put into perspective and then move on. I myself had mexican yesterday, late lunch, then came home had dinner and 2, COUNT IT, 2 pieces of cherry pie. I am not going to stress about this, I am going to pull the reigns in and go on about my business. In the past this would have been the end of my diet, not that I'm on one you understand, but I have a much larger picture in mind.

It was not my intention to get up on my high horse this morning I just thought it was important to remind ourselves that as humans we are imperfect. Since for most of us this is not so much a diet as a lifestyle change, we must accept that we will need time to adapt after a lifelong way of eating.

I wish you all could see my sister-in-law (not the skinny one) she is one of the biggest inspirations to me that I can do this. I met her when she was around 18-19 and she is now almost 40. For as long as I can remember she has always been very large and at less than 5 feet tall she was wearing a size 22 in January of 2000. She is also a diebetic and was taking the largest amount of oral insulin that they could give her, very close to having to take shots. In one years time she lost down to a size 8 and was able to stop taking medication at all. She told me that there were many times that she went for weeks without a loss at all, she overate at times, but in the end she lost her weight through time and persistence. She looks great and I would say that I am jealous, but, I think a better word would be respect. She went through some hard times and never gave up. In fact that skinny sister-in-law I was talking about before is actually the woman her ex-husband married (they divorced during the time she was losing her weight) and that woman isn't half the woman Pam is.

Ok, now that I've written a book this morning, I promise I will try not to like this again.

Have a wonderful day all!

LJ
225/203/150
Old 07-14-2002, 11:41 AM   #7  

huntress - you are absolutely right and I found your post motivating. This is the thing to keep in mind - we are in it for the long haul, not for 3 good weeks and then quitting. Maybe I loved it because you spoke to my biggest personal obstacle - or maybe because I had a cruddy week and that makes it hard to continue - but either way that's what I needed to hear today.

I like success stories like Pam's. Imagine how great we'll all feel a year from now - and we've ALREADY each put in part of our year.

So the "floodgates" have finally opened for me and I'm all back on plan again. Sheesh, this particular cycle has been a rager - sometimes I hardly know it happened and sometimes I get every symptom there is?

New thing for me and my plan - I've been having some fun with some WW tools I obtained from a friend. I added up points for the past few days and discovered that sometimes it is worse than I think, sometimes better. (shrug) Yesterday I would have been right at the top of my range - if I hadn't eaten that piece of carrot cake. 16 points for one piece of carrot cake! I've been measuring food by size for too long, LOL.

So I'm on plan - moving forward. Since the scale has hovered around 213 this week I'm using that as my starting weight. I'll weigh in again after my cycle stops. And naturally I'll be here sucking up all the motivation I can.
Old 07-14-2002, 12:46 PM   #8  

Hey everyone!

Well......this is my final goodbye! I will see you all in two weeks!
stick with it girls! i hope everyone has a fantastic few weeks and i look forward to coming home and talking to you all again!

bye!!!!

Luv
Kayla
Old 07-14-2002, 02:02 PM   #9  
Diet Freak ;)

Hi everyone,

I have one question....is that woman in that picture for real? Holy smokes...i can not even do that. LOl If i could talk to her I would say YOU GO GIRL.

I have not modified a plan that really works other than stay away from sugars and fried foods. I am trying to modify a low carb diet that fits me.

I am probably putting this in the wrong section...if so please forgive me. I just saw the topic doing your own thing.

Thanks
Sinnrah, 5'2, 31yrs old, weight 105

Last edited by Sinnrah; 07-14-2002 at 02:05 PM.
Old 07-14-2002, 04:59 PM   #10  

Kayla, I'm so sorry I meant to tell you to have a good time at camp but I got so involved talking about Pam and writing that long post that I forgot. If you get this before you leave, have a GREAT time. When I was your age I went to church camp every summer and I absolutely loved it. There were so many fun things to do and getting to make new friends (not to mention some of the cute boys) We will miss you while you are gone.

Cafe, I'm glad that hearing Pam's story helped. I too have a problem with longevity and this is the first time in years I have managed to stay with anything for this long. I hope that if anyone else knows someone who has lost weight will share it with us because it is always very motivational for me. There was a magazine a few years ago, some of you may have seen it, called Successful Slimming that had lots of stories about real people like us that had lost weight. Unfortunately by the time I sent in for a subscription it had gone out of print. I have about 10 of them and from time to time I go back a re-read them. The closest thing I have found since is Womans World which had a regular diet feature and sometimes has true life weight loss stories.

It is thunderstorming here, AGAIN, luckily I got my walk in this morning and have spent the rest of the day cleaning house. Oh well, at least my plants are getting lots of water, everything is beautiful and green here, not like past summers when it all dried up and turned brown. I have a orange tree, lemon and lime and they all have fruit on them. I can't wait until they are ready to pick.

LJ
225/203/150
Old 07-15-2002, 07:42 AM   #11  

Angry

Happy Monday!
Weigh-in day for me. 192. Still up .5 from the previous 10 I had lost. I haven't worked hard enough, so no one or nothing to blame but me. I just have to push myself in the right direction and not let this little set back send me in a tailspin.
I'm in the "susan powter" frame of mind right now. Trying to eat high volume, low fat foods. Wish I could have her over for a day. Clean the junk out of my pantry, take me shopping for real food. Can you imagine?
huntress, green grass in Texas, fried crispy brown grass in Indiana. Something is wrong here. Luckily I didn't plant any annuals this year and the perinnials don't need much watering.
Sinnrah, welcome to doin your own thing!
Fire up!

Old 07-15-2002, 07:53 AM   #12  

Hi all! I've been reading a lot of posts lately about people who over do it and beat themselves up afterward. I truly believe that is the difference between someone who is thin and someone who struggles. My DH ate TWO brownies last night and didn't even flinch. When I spoke to him about it later, pointing out how I would have felt (meaning beat myself up) he said that he will just not eat his cookies at lunch today. As simple as that. I think we have a lot to learn from people who maintain their weight sensibly!
Although I have been maintaining my weight for over six weeks, I am on a three week plan to loose 5 pounds. In three weeks we leave for a week at the beach and I want to be able to eat (within reason) whatever I want. So ladies, my goal for the next three weeks is to loose 5 pounds. I can do it!!
Well, I hope you all have a great day! No more beating ourselves up!!
Old 07-15-2002, 10:19 AM   #13  

Happy Monday to everyone! Welcome Sinnrah.

Here we are with a whole new week I, for one, am READY for it!

I went grocery shopping yesterday and came home and made some calculations... And I feel pretty good about eating in the right range.

I think the challenge for me is everything that I have previously considered "outside" the usual. I don't usually pass up opportunities to accept food offered - and we have a lot of community food at work.

I can see that the work I've done over the last few months to get adjusted to carrying my lunch and transitioning to better choices in that lunch has paid off - I'm okay with that now and measuring it, it's only 6 points after switching to diet bread!

So this policy of no unplanned eating will be my next challenge. Having the internet helps because that way I can run out and look up how many points that Krispy Kreme is and decide if I can work it in.

I really appreciated Tryin'hard's post too - one thing I'm trying to do with this is keep myself right on the cusp of determination - GO and Keep Going - but not getting totally OBSESSED and burning out after 3 weeks. My tendency is to obsess.

I have to help myself out with this at the gym too. Don't lollygag - don't push to hard - just get right in the zone and stay there long enough.

All that being said I slept with earplugs last night b/c of the air conditioner - and woke up late - much to late for the gym. I am actually missing it! I had my bag all packed, too. NO earplugs tonight.

Have a great day, everybody! Go, Tryin'hard!
Old 07-15-2002, 01:41 PM   #14  

Default MANIC MONDAY

Sure is quiet around here today...........OH, that's right, Tiffany is gone. No, really now let's not dissapoint her after her nice trip by coming back to see that the thread has gone all the way down to the bottom.

Hope you're all having a good Monday. I for one blew it on Sunday and am back on track today. Guess it was just the bad weather we continue to have here in south Texas. It's beginning to get me down.

Have a great day all...........and let's get busy and put this thread back on fire.

LJ
225/203/150
Old 07-15-2002, 01:47 PM   #15  

Doesn't it seem like stress should burn calories?! I'm babysitting today and I was just a tiny bit stressed when I discovered there was no bottle for the 6mo old. NO BOTTLE. I had to load up 4 kids and go to the store. I'm not sure who was more stressed. Me, the poor baby or the other kids subjected to the screaming. (Babies screaming, not mine. )
It's almost nap time, then all will be well with the world.
Closed Thread