General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-14-2010, 01:23 PM   #61  
Working to a thinner Me!!

S/C/G: 232/See Ticker/132

Height: 5'4"

**WARNING** I do want to post a warning to our diet group. DO NOT Under eat and work out. I did that and kind of sent my body into starvation mode. If you're going to do the cookie diet, don't over do it at the gym without increasing your calorie intake. to you all!!!
lemondrplvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 01:52 PM   #62  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

S/C/G: 270/254.4/Healthy

Height: 5 feet Tall

Thanks Tami for the intro to the cookie diet...I read you blog...that is a GREAT idea to send folks there to answer their questions.
cathydoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 02:33 PM   #63  

I try and do my part Cathy! FINALLY Broke that 218 barrier!! 217.4 this AM!!! WOOT WOOT
Old 01-14-2010, 02:49 PM   #64  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Thanks Tami..I'm going to buy the book and read more about it. I don't know if my hubby will go for this (I did Nutrisystem in 2007 and HATED it..and that cost us a lot of money)..but it's worth looking into. If I tell him I'll stick with it for awhile, he may go for it.
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 03:22 PM   #65  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic1204 View Post
Thanks Tami..I'm going to buy the book and read more about it. I don't know if my hubby will go for this (I did Nutrisystem in 2007 and HATED it..and that cost us a lot of money)..but it's worth looking into. If I tell him I'll stick with it for awhile, he may go for it.
The diet is rather expensive right upfront, but you save in the cost of breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinner. For me (a single bachlorett) it works great. There's very little food in my house besides the cookies! lol
Old 01-14-2010, 03:58 PM   #66  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Are the cookies hard, or soft?
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 04:17 PM   #67  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic1204 View Post
Are the cookies hard, or soft?
They are very soft and a little dry. The chocoate ones are really good, oatmeal raisin are pretty good as well. Just drink lost of water with them and you'll be fine.
Old 01-14-2010, 04:30 PM   #68  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

WTG Tami! Glad u broke through your barrier!!
Old 01-14-2010, 09:42 PM   #69  
I'm not drunk, I have MS.

S/C/G: HW:250/SW://170

Height: 5'8" Apple Shape

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemondrplvr View Post
So Kim, what did you think of the Banana ones? I'm not crazy, they really do taste gross huh?

P.s. It's Tami not Trish LOL
sorry Tami! I think it was a subconscious thing, you look just like a friend I had in high school whose name was (wait for it...) Trish. It's interesting, I didn't even think that until you pointed out the boo-boo. And your name is right there in sparkly pinkness, no less.

Actually, I don't mind the banana cookies, they're not totally foul. I don't have to gag them down. I did open 2 packages and put 3 choc, 3 banana in each. The chocolate ones are pretty tasty, but not enough to eat more than one at a time. And you all are right about wanting to drink more water. I drank my 33 oz water bottle plus some coffee (I've always had mine black, so no problem with that). That water tasted SO good.

I would say that the consistency of the is "spongy". I think they're a decent size and nice and thick. I can do this.
ShootingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 06:45 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 210/Ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning All,

Great job everyone. We must keep a positive attitude because it is what you make it. I for one am sick of failing at this weight loss.

I like the blueberry and the oatmeal. My fav is the chocolate.

After I have my morning coffee I eat 1 cookie with a glass of water around 8, 9, 12, 1, 3 and 4. Yesterday I skipped 3 and 4 because I just was not hungry. I do drink lots of water or crystal light and 1 diet soda.

Lets take one day at a time and kick this weight out the door.
faith2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 11:39 AM   #71  

Ladies, we kick butt!!! As of this morning, I'm proud to say I've lost 16lbs!!! This weekend I'll be attempting to try on a size 16 for the first time EVER!
Old 01-15-2010, 05:22 PM   #72  

Default Newbie to forum on Day 5 (long winded)

I am on Day 5 of the cookie diet. I have not gotten Dr Siegal's book yet but plan to get it to read it. I am doing pretty good with my choice. I decided to do it after being at home sick and watching The View. They reviewed 5 diets and out of the five, this was the one I thought suited me and my lifestyle, however, I was not totally convinced at that point, I was just interested enough to want to investigate more. I read various reviews and saw some of the recent news clips. I also read the story in People when they do the Half My Size stories and one of the women lost using this method. What really convinced me, was one of the reviews I read on Amazon was of a woman said she ate the cookies but ate a normal dinner and realized she would not be losing as fast but she was still losing. I thought this would be a way for me to not be stressed with too many choices, having to do a lot of prep of foods, grocery shop, etc. So I decided to try it. I got chocolate and I like it. I bought from GNC and used my 1st of the month discount card to get 20% off. So I am going to try to buy a month's supply at the beginning of the month. I thought I also read somewhere that if you buy from Dr. S's site that if you buy a month's supply you get a week free, I still have to check that out to determine if that is so. I agree with what someone posted earlier that if I took all the breakfasts, lattes, lunches, afternoon snacks, and dinners (I am not a cooker) I personally am coming out ahead on the diet. I find that I am spending less on dinner because I am eating less and making different choices.

Lastly, I felt some measure of guilt making this choice because I felt that I should be eating real whole natural food for my meals and learning how to eat that would carry me for the rest of my life. I grappled with the fact that I really mentally don't want to grocery shop, prep meals, etc. but that I should be willing to make that change for myself and my future health based upon some of the feedback of it not being nutritionally sound, etc. However, I thought about some of the food choices I was making prior to starting this and they were not nutritionally sound either but at least this way I am taking off the weight which is detrimental to my health and my self esteem. Sorry for the long winded post but I wanted to share. Right now this is the choice for me, I am not obsessing over what to cook/eat along with it is extremely covenient and can go practically everywhere with me.
Bizzylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 05:43 PM   #73  

Welcome Bizzylady!! Keep it up is all I can say. It pays off and you really don't have to put a whole lot of effort into the diet! I love it and it's perfect for me and my lifestyle.

Generally what I do for dinners is I'll make several serving and save the excess for later days. I've gone as far as to freezing leftovers. So you cook once and have meals for days!!

Cookiediet.com doesn't really have buy 4 weeks get one free deals. Each month they have different promos. This month it was a free box of shakes with not purchase requirement. Last month it was free shipping. To get these promos you just have to sign up for the newsletter on the website.

Enjoy your ladies, and happy Three Day Weekend!! (for me at least!)
Old 01-15-2010, 06:25 PM   #74  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

Welcome bizzylady. You sound a lot like me...I enjoy going about my day and eating a cookie and then whatever for dinner. I have made some changes for dinners that I have been a block head about until now...like when we go out ordering chicken or using a fork for my salad dressing or even ordering fat free salad dressing...one cookie at a time. Congrats Tami on the weightloss and good luck with the size 16...HOOT!
Old 01-16-2010, 08:17 AM   #75  
I'm not drunk, I have MS.

S/C/G: HW:250/SW://170

Height: 5'8" Apple Shape

Faith, I LOVE your t-shirt! Oh yes, and YOU look great too! It's fun to put a face with the names you see here.

Tami, for 16 lbs gone forever. I will be able to say the same very soon, this diet is great.

to bizzy,
Quote:
I grappled with the fact that I really mentally don't want to grocery shop, prep meals, etc. but that I should be willing to make that change for myself and my future health based upon some of the feedback of it not being nutritionally sound, etc. However, I thought about some of the food choices I was making prior to starting this and they were not nutritionally sound either but at least this way I am taking off the weight which is detrimental to my health and my self esteem
So true! This is EXACTLY what I am thinking. Well, I guess I do enjoy wandering around the grocery store, but when I think how little I get for how much I spend there, it's not so much fun.
ShootingStar is offline   Reply With Quote