General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-06-2010, 11:48 AM   #16  

S/C/G: SW 246 /CW 229 /GW 150

Height: 5 ' 1"

You can microwave the cookies for a short time. That makes them a little easier to get down.
catowned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:45 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 254/150

Height: 5'5

tried microwaving them today and that worked a little better...hopefully this will make this change a little easier
nmycoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 08:48 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 210/Ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning All,

Can I join in? I am so excited...I just got my order last night SO today is the big start day.
faith2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 11:59 AM   #19  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

S/C/G: 270/254.4/Healthy

Height: 5 feet Tall

Sure Faith...welcome...what brand did you get?

nmycoma...I am worried about you! You don't like the cookies and that is NOT a good thing. I couldn't eat anything I don't like...hummmmm.
cathydoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 04:06 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 216/206/125

I just tried subbing in Dr Melina bars for two cookies at 8 and 10. While they're very good bars, I've gotta say, between those, SFL & Dr S, I REALLY like the texture of the SFL the best. They're dry, and so I get that water in right away so they can expand & fill me up. I think I'm gonna order one or two of those Costco 42 day packs and fill it in with some Lean Cuisines.
shinylizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 05:23 PM   #21  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

Sounds good shinylizard...I thought costco had the Dr S...
Old 01-07-2010, 06:47 PM   #22  
Working to a thinner Me!!

S/C/G: 232/See Ticker/132

Height: 5'4"

Hey all,

I've been on Dr. Siegal's Cookie Diet since the 13th of December. I haven’t followed it as closely as I should but have lost 13lbs thus far. The oatmeal and chocolate cookies do not taste bad at all, however the banana are GROSS!!! I don't eat all my cookies every day, just when I'm hungry. They are not magic cookies just help you eat less calories during the day. Feel free to read my blog regarding the diet and I'll be sure to post on here as well!!
lemondrplvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 08:28 PM   #23  

cathy--thanks for checking up on me...did pretty good today....if i microwave them they aren't horrible (lol)...i think it is more of just me getting used to them...but i WILL succeed!!! hopefully, now that i found this website, the support will be incredibly helpful. today was a much better day then the first two i must say. I did notice today that I wasn't as hungry so I'm sure my body is adjusting...again...thanks for checkin in on me
Old 01-07-2010, 08:29 PM   #24  
I'm not drunk, I have MS.

S/C/G: HW:250/SW://170

Height: 5'8" Apple Shape

Good evening everyone! I sure hope my package arrives tomorrow. It was shipped late Monday or on Tuesday fed-ex ground and has to go all the way from Florida to Utah, so...

Kerbear: don't be sorry for your questions! I think it's great, we need all the help we can get.

Cathy: thanks again for making me think.

nmycoma: welcome to the "coop"

shiny: gotta love that greek yogurt!

Keep at it everyone, and I should be joining you by Saturday
ShootingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 08:29 PM   #25  

oops...and welcome faith!!!
Old 01-07-2010, 08:53 PM   #26  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

I checked out the costco website...and on the SFL website you get something like buy 4 weeks get one free...I really wouldn't want all that other stuff. IMO

Anyone taking a vitamin supplement? I was taking one from GNC but it has been discontinued So I am in the market for a new kind...cuz of my age I need calcium.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:51 PM   #27  
I'm not drunk, I have MS.

S/C/G: HW:250/SW://170

Height: 5'8" Apple Shape

Cathy, do you have a Costco membership? Or perhaps they're online, the vitamins. I've been using the packets that include 1200 mg of calcium. 100 packets for less than $20.

Tami: Oh no! I just ordered the chocolate and the dreaded banana flavor I read somewhere else that someone said they were wonderful. Dang. I ordered 1 weeks worth of banana, 1 week of chocolate. I figured if I did well for two weeks, I'd order a month's worth.

Has anyone tried the blueberry flavor? I wish there was a variety pack with all the flavors.
ShootingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 11:37 PM   #28  

I forget Costco doesn't have nationwide specials. Here in the Seattle area, we have the 42 day SFL for $200 thing. Disregarding the shakes, soups, marinades and other fluff they include, you get 39 days of cookies/muffins. I divided that out, and if the muffins count like the cookies, it seemed the most economical way to get the product. So I ordered two.

Heh, minimal grocery shopping for 78 days certianly has its appeal!
Old 01-08-2010, 08:21 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 210/Ticker/150

Thank you for the welcome...

Day 1 check...I have Dr. S brand and the first one was tough. I know its not a REAL oatmeal cookie:-) I must change my taste buds and my way of thinking. Right!! By the end of the day it was not so bad. I CAN DO THIS...I better since I bought enough for a month.

Repeat after me....I CAN DO THIS
faith2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 10:11 AM   #30  

When I started, it was tough for me too. I am trying to be mindful about my meal of the day. Not "Thank goodness I get food" but "What food/portion would I eat if I were at my ideal weight?" The cookies are the temporary tool, how I choose my meals is my stumbing block. That and the sugar, but the cookies are taking care of that fairly well. I'm almost at my pre-holiday weight!