General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 03-15-2010, 05:48 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 276/255/150 started ip 031510

Height: 5'5

Hi there
day 1 for me had my breakfast and lunch and i actually really am enjoying it not only is it gonna be getting me heathly and fit but it sets my meals up for me so i dont have to wonder hmm wat shall i have for lunch ect dont feel to hungry but not stuffed like usally my hardest time will probably be at night when im used to munching and having a can of pepsi! ahh hows everyone else finding it?
Scrosson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 12:55 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 276/255/150 started ip 031510

Height: 5'5

day 10 for me went for my first weigh in yesterday 11 pounds down in 1 week! yes!!!! im very happy to see this weight just fall off thanks for everyones storys keep posting i love reading them
Scrosson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 09:26 PM   #18  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 221-3/4/152/160

Height: 5 ft 2 inches

I had no energy for the first week and a half of the IP diet but was not craving sweets which has been a lifelong problem...my coach said if I was hungry to have another packet of IP. I'm 5 weeks and 20lbs lost so I'm very happy with the program. I had a friend in Tampa who did the program first so I knew how successful the program can be.

Like many others on this site who are doing the Ideal Protein diet I use the puddings as shakes and add 12 oz of water. I have had some constipation problem even with 80 oz. of water so I add pysllium husk to the shakes and am taking a probiotic which seems to have helped immensely.

Good luck and give it a chance.

Marilyn
pumpkyparry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 11:08 PM   #19  

Detox can make you feel terrible. Hang in there. Better times are coming.
Healing Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 12:12 AM   #20  

Smile Eat those veggies

Hi Allie, I have been on IP for over a month. I lost 20 pounds. I find by drinking my water and eating those veggies is key to keeping full and loosing. I am not big on veggies really. The salt & some olive oil can help. Maybe someone has a recipe out there? There was one I did like; someone wrote in "my favorite IP dinner"
1 cup mushrooms
1 cup zucchini
5 oz chicken, chopped into strips or cubes

Marinade:
1/3 or less half olive oil & vinegar
add 1 ts ginger, seasalt, chili pdr, curry & soy sauce.
It did taste like Thai food. Yum!
Krista4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 12:15 AM   #21  

Default Way to go Rooster!

I have been doing well myself and lost 20 pounds. I don't feel hungry either after eating veggies & drinking the water.
Krista4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 06:52 PM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healing Rain View Post
Detox can make you feel terrible. Hang in there. Better times are coming.
Mainly while all the toxins are coming out, but also after the detox is finished, as you can't just jump back into eating the foods you were eating. You need to start light and work back up to eating heavier harder to digest foods over the course of about 2 weeks.
FattyFatFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 02:44 PM   #23  

Default cheaper substitution

Has anyone tried substituting protein mix with similar breakdown for all the products?
fishinfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 10:22 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskermom17 View Post
I feel terrible too, only because it is my 4 day and I have cheated every afternoon. I get the most uncontrollable urge to eat sugar. Have you cheated at all, I do good all morning and at night but need to quit cheating in the afternoon. Will I still lose?
I suggest that you make the decision that no matter what, you are not going to cheat for 1 day....only 1 day. The first week you are allowed to have an extra protein packet....have it in the afternoon...make it a cocoa drink and throw a shot of sugar free flavored coffee syrup in it. If possible throw ice in it and put it in a blender. It's creamy and thick and helps with sweet craving.

If you get through 1 day without a cheat, the next day you can tell yourself, you can make it again...why? because you made it through the day before. It starts to feel empowering not to give in to cravings...it also gets a little easier. Hang in there. It's worth it.
sydneydaffodil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 04:43 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Height: 5'5"

Default First day of Ideal Protien

Today is my first day on the Ideal Protein diet.......I am actually excited! Any suggestions from anyone would be greatly appreciated!
doxiemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 06:29 PM   #26  
Lorrie

S/C/G: 280/191/200

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliejack534 View Post
Is anyone else on the Ideal Protien Diet that can give me some help?

I started this Last Sunday, 10/25/2009, and it's been a tough week, although, I have lost 5 lbs so far.

I am not in love with vegitables, so I have been skipping out on those a bit and by evening, I feel so tired and not very alert, as if I'm just going to drop. Has anyone else been feeling this way?

I really like the protien packets but need help with creativity in the veggie department!

All my friends and family think I'm crazy for doing this diet because I've been complaining of how hungry I am and they don't think it sounds healthy, but I've read so many great reviews. A little support Please!!!!
Allie, I hear ya all the way! The first 3 days for me were the worst! Day 2 I told my husband that I wanted to quit, but I didn't.

I have not been on a weight loss program --- ever --- and trust me, this one works!

I will officially be at Week 10 tomorrow. I have lost a total of 43 pounds and 32-1/2 inches. It's hard for me, at times, to digest it all. I have gone down sizes and am people are noticing and giving me compliments.

You will get used to it. Give it some time.

With respect to the veggies, you can search on this site for recipes and there are a lot of them to help you out. I steam mine mostly and use all the spices that I can. It helps a great deal with the spices, believe me!

Don't give up --- keep going!!!

L
JonathanandZeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 10:33 AM   #27  
Jacqueline Nauvall

S/C/G: 187/130

Height: 5' 4"

Default Ideal Protein Diet

While I admire your goals, I am not so sure about the methods! I am happy for those of you who have seen successes using the Ideal Protein Diet. However, from what I can tell, you must eat alot of their proprietary food. For an initial weight loss, this may seem easy and ideal. However, I assume everyone wants to lose the weight and keep it off!

You should try a diet - that is not a diet! he! What do I mean? I mean, something where you can lose the initial pounds quickly, but where you are eating normal foods that you can continue eating for the rest of your life.

The idea is not only to drop the weight, but to keep it off. We have all followed the celebrities who claim they have lost a ton of weight - they look great. Then all of a sudden, we see them again, and they are bigger than when they started the diet!

That is yo-yo dieting in front of your eyes! So try to find something that starts with a detox period - this will help you lose the initial pounds fast, it will also get rid of all the bad toxins, and prep your body for lowering calories. Then, the diet should be all about real foods that you can eat for years - don't get caught up in the diets where, if you don't spend a fortune buying their foods, you can't lose weight!

You will also be surprised when you figure out how to eat the right foods - your body will thank you for it. Not only will you lose weight, you will have an abundance of energy!

Losing weight is a lifelong battle - it deserves a lifelong method - that can only come with real food!!

Last edited by Jacqueline Nauvall; 11-06-2010 at 10:35 AM. Reason: spelling error!
Jacqueline Nauvall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:05 AM   #28  

Default Ideal Protein

Anyone using this currently. Is there any way to order the items online? It would be very hard to drive two hours each week to pickup meals etc with the schedule I have.
Thanks,
Hockeyfan1
Hockeyfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:03 AM   #29  

Default Started My Week....

Week is going well , Little headache for my 3rd day no big deal-coach told me to expect that since you go into ketosis. I have a ton of energy and not feeling that hungry. Friend of mine lost 35 lbs in 2 months. I am so excited! For veggies I take zucchini and slice long way, then i marinade with Walden Farms Balsamic and then i season with salt, pepper and garlic powder and then grill. Something different and yummy! would anyone have any good veggie recipes?

Last edited by jackieomartin; 04-28-2011 at 08:07 AM.
jackieomartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 08:24 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 132/115

Height: 5'2

This is my day #2 of IP and im having crazy craving for this i dont even usually eat like ice cream!! please help!! haha as for the meals they are not too bad the orange drink is good. Good luck to everyone!!
ColleenW is offline   Reply With Quote