General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 04:37 PM   #166  

Welcome back Mercee : Its so good to see you posting again. I remember you. There wasn't enough of us posting that would could keep our own board. We hated it but here we are. So glad you are here with us.
Old 12-11-2009, 10:37 AM   #167  

Toni- Thanks for the welcome back. I am glad you guys are still here. I follow the sugar busters plan and the G.I. diet. I am looking forward to posting here on a regular basis. Have a great weekend.
Old 12-11-2009, 04:04 PM   #168  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Hello

Hope ya'll are having a good day. Eating has been good today. Yesterday not so good. I'm disappointed that I'm at 190 and not going down any...my own doing but still disappointed in myself. Very stressed today but staying out of the kitchen so that is good.

((Everybody))

Glad you found the board Mercee. Welcome back.

God bless,
Crystle
Old 12-12-2009, 07:17 PM   #169  

Hope everyone is fine. All is well here. Getting ready to make some cheese soup for dinner. Not to legal but good on a dreary night. Its been raining and cold all day. I did do something good. I bought some peanut brittle today for me. But before I opened decieded to send it to my son in Iraq rather than eat that sugar. He'll love it and its one less thing for me to eat. Boy are the holidays hard.

Crystle-You'll lose its just going to take a little time. Hang in there. Hope you did well today.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:15 PM   #170  

Default Howdy

Legal is not in my vocabulary. I've been eating beyond poorly. Robert's surgery was pushed back but not until after they put him to sleep..err. But it's alright. God knows what's best for him.

Some spicy chicken is cooking in the oven and I'm gonna make some broccoli to go with it. Maybe some rice with butter also because everybody loves it.

I hope the quiet board means everyone is doing well.

((Everybody))

God bless,
Crystle
Old 12-14-2009, 07:50 PM   #171  

Howdy... I'm just plain lazy today. Eating hasn't been great for me. We had hot dogs on wheat buns for dinner. Was lazy in that dept. too.

Crystle- Your spicey chicken sounds so good. Sorry about Roberts surgery. Thats a heck of a time to deciede not to do it. After he was asleep. Where is everyone? I just think its this time of year and everyone will be back on the first gunho to go.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:45 AM   #172  

Morning all,

Toni - Your soup sounds great one of my sons would love it, (He loves cheese.)

Crystle- I love spicy foods that chicken would be right up my alley.LOL

Things are going well for me my problem is I have to workout tonight. I missed last night I was to tired. my eating has been good. I hope all is well
with everyone. Have a great day .
Old 12-15-2009, 10:53 AM   #173  

Default Good morning

It is wet and cool this morning. They say we can expect this for most of the week. But I'm inside and the coffee is hot. Almost time to make breakfast. I guess making a good choice from the start will impact my whole day. I really do want to do better.

Mercee...hope you enjoy your workout tonight. I need to get moving.

Toni...I think it is the time of year. I tend to be lazier in the winter months.

((Everybody)) Hope ya'll have a SUPER day.

God bless,
Crystle
Old 12-15-2009, 11:03 AM   #174  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi ladies,

I am going to start this post and see how far I can get. We are bidding a job today and it will get crazy soon. I have been swamped here and then I was off Thursday & Friday to babysit my GS. Then it turned out his daddy got a bad bug and was throwing up every 3 minutes. So I had to go back and get him and keep him 2 more days. I am not complaining b/c I love it, but wow it wore me out. I have been having terrible pain in my arms and hands (total numbness) mostly at night and it usually gets to bad by 2:00 am that I have to get up. It takes about 1 hr for the numbness to go away and when I go back to bed and lay on my side, it starts all over again so I just stay up. So needless to day, I am exhausted. Trying to shop is wearing me out so I think they are going to get money with what little I do have for them. I can semi control the numbness in the day time as I am using my hands a lot. I can quit writing or using the mouse for awhile and it goes away. I despartely need an epidural, but with our change in insure I am trying to wait until January. I hope I can stand it that long. We are going to Nashville Sat & Sun. My DD wants to go there and see the lights at Opryland Hotel. It is simply beautiful, but I think we need our head examined this time of year. My DD doesn't even have her tree and will probably not get one up. Needless to say, I am very down and eating is out of control. I won't even go near the scale. Sunday we baked all day so I have all that stuff calling my name 24/7.

Crystle, I must have missed why Robert was having surgery. It was a shame they had to stop. Sending prayers his way. I hear you about the do-nut. All that fudge and sugared pecans just call me and call me. I agree with you about Tracy, I thought she looked terribly thin. I didn't like Rebecca as a blonde and I thought she acted a little cocky too. Danny deserved to win. I knew it would be him or Rudy.

Toni, lazy is my name right now. In fact, I think we will be having hot dogs tonight for dinner. Just not in the mood for food or cooking (at least food that is good for me). I save the BL finale so I can go back and get some motivation. Ha-ha. I need to watch it 24 hrs a day right now.

Mercee, welcome back. I do remember you. Sounds like you are doing a great job. Keep it up.

Ellen, how nice that you got to take a vacation and somewhere warm too. Hope you will be on here more. We miss you.

BOB, I saw your note, but you never came back. Come on girl.

You would not believe all the goodies pouring in this office right now. It is sinfull. We will be taking some fruit baskets down to the homeless shelters as we get so much stuff.

Better go work on this bid. Hope to be back tomorrow.
Old 12-16-2009, 02:48 PM   #175  

Good afternoon all. Was busy yesterday with grocery shopping and stuff. Got a ham for Christmas. The store was crowded with Christmas shoppers. We can't do much this year due to finances. But are making it merry anyway. I still have to make out my cards today and get them off tomorrow. So much to do so little time. LOL

Solly- Sounds like you've been busy. Eating for me has not been good. I'm just going to ride it out till the 1st. You're such a good Grandma. What a wonderful thing to do with the fruit baskets.

Crystle- Hope you're doing good.

Mercee-You're doing so good. Keep it up....
Old 12-16-2009, 10:30 PM   #176  
Determined Newbie

S/C/G: 383/321.4/150

This is a cross-post, so please excuse if you've seen this before, but I'm so glad I finally found you folks! (PS made it through day 3, headaches, lethargy, and overall yuckiness and all! )

Hello, everyone!

I'm on day 3 of sb and I'm having some really hard detox time right
now. It would help me a lot to hear about the progress you have made.
I lost about 75 pounds with Weight Watchers (actually, I lost about 90
and gained back the difference). I am diabetic and was doing pretty
well after spending time at a wellness center in California. Got off
of my oral meds but then got sloppy with my eating and kept justifying
a high sugar way of life to myself until I ended up on insulin. I took
it at mealtimes only but what a stupid mistake!! The weight just WON'T
come off and it's a real struggle. So I had my moment of truth and
came to the conclusion that this HAS to be my way of life if I am ever
to regain my health (I still have 160 lbs. to lose). I'm already off
my insulin (yay!) and my FBS has dropped 20+ points since I started to
a respectable 124 this morning. I expect that it will continue to go
down if I stay faithful to the plan. I just need some reinforcement
during my time of weakness! High stress lately and I'm working on that
too. Thanks in advance, and all the best to everyone here!

Dee
Old 12-17-2009, 09:39 AM   #177  

S/C/G: 159/159/145

Height: 5' 1"

Dee,

Congrats!! You are doing awesome!!! It does work and it will keep working!! I think the biggest thing for me is moments of weakness. But moments go by quick. And when they are over I forgive myself and get right back on track.

God Bless and Good Luck!!
Old 12-17-2009, 10:29 AM   #178  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Hi ladies,

Busy, busy day yesterday and tomorrow will be worse so I probablywon't be here. We have a large bid going in and our CHristmas party afterwards. Actully, it starts before we will ever get there. Depending on the outcome of the bid, we may not even make it. We leave for Nashville on Sat. Theya re calling for snow here so I will be glad to miss that.

Eating is still horrible.

Toni, will you have any family coming to your house or do you go any where?

Nurse Dee - Welcome to our group. I originally lost 105 lbs on SB. Went through chemo and gained back 30 and since have put about 10 more on. Struggeling right now, but I am having lots of health issues. This WOE works, my best advise is to be prepared and plan ahead. Good luck. We have another diabetic here, Ellen, hopefully she will give you some good help.

Scrappinhut, good to see your post.

Probably won't talk to you guys until Monday. Have a great weekend.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:07 AM   #179  
Determined Newbie

What a wonderful, friendly bunch! Thanks for the welcome, Scrappinhut and Solly.

It's **COLD** here in NY today - 16 degrees and windy! Time to turn on the pellet stove and keep my sweater on. The fuel bills will be terrifying...

Well, I've made it to day 4 and this was the first day that I could wake up before noon. I'm hoping this signals that I'm on the detox upswing. I wouldn't say I feel great today, but I do sense a smidgen of improvement. Time to start getting better now!

Yes, Solly! Planning ahead is essential. I work at home and don't know HOW you guys hold on in the workplace at this time of the year. It's hard enough having the kitchen in the next room but at least I can control what goes into it. I'm sending <<<hang on>>> vibes your way! Wow! 105 lbs!!! May I ask how long it took you to lose it? I'm sorry for your gain difficulties, Solly. I, too, have lots of health issues and, at 52, I'm scared enough to make another attempt to buckle down again. I don't see a lot of 300-lb 60 year olds. I have young children and they need their Mom. Let's all take a moment to re-focus on what we want here: to be healthy and feel good again (and looking better can't hurt, let's be honest!!). I'm comparing my blood sugars for this week to what they were last week (when I was on insulin and not doing SB) and the change is so phenomenal already I can't believe it. I hope that my pancreas calms down soon and my circulating insulin levels will drop and maybe I can start on a weight loss slope again!

Ellen, wherever you are, I would love to hear from you and your SB journey with diabetes.

Hugs to you all!
Dee
Old 12-17-2009, 11:22 AM   #180  
Determined Newbie

Speaking of planning ahead...

What's for dinner tonight?

I'm trying the chili dog casserole from the recipe board. Sounds like a good plan for this frigid day.

I'd love to hear what you guys make for your meals. I have been having a large scrambled egg/chopped bacon/onion/spinach/cheddar bowl for brunch with a serving of strawberries beforehand. 1 oz. of almonds in the afternoon, whatever I make for dinner, an apple after dinner and decaf coffee or iced coffee (sometimes with milk and other times iced or hot with Truvia and DaVinci syrups) throughout the day. If I really need a snack I'll have some string cheese or turkey pepperoni or a bowl of steamed broccoli with canola or sesame oil and cajun seasoning. Amazingly, though, this WOE really DOES reduce the cravings. I'm eating about 1400-1500 calories a day and I'm not NEARLY as hungry when I'm not eating 3 Musketeers Bars all day long! Imagine that! - I'd like to hear some ideas from you about what works for you. I love to cook and experiment and would love to hear some of your favorite recipes.

Thanks again!

Dee
Closed Thread