General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2002, 05:32 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 265/245/150 SW/CW/GW

Height: 5" 6"

Good morning ladies!

Here I am at 4:00 am sitting in front of the computer on a Saturday morning with my first cup of coffee thinking, WHY oh why must I always get up so darned early! Yesterday I woke up at 1 am. OK, so my sleeping is all screwed up, kids running around at all hours making noise radios blaring etc etc etc. My bedroom is an addition that was built on just behind the kitchen and laundry room so everytime they go to get a drink or get into the refrigerator I hear them. Oh well, I'll just be incoherent around noon today and will have to take a nap. YA! I love to sleep.

Tiffany - OPRAH WOW! You are a television star! Gosh, how exciting.........how long ago was it? I just love Oprah, I would watch every day if I didn't have to work. That is just way too cool.

Tigerlilly - I agree, she should do a show on 3fc and feature US Since Tiffany knows her, she could call her up.

Cafe - WAY TO GO! 6 lbs is great. I truly believe that persistance pays off. The scales don't always move as quickly as we'd like them to (except when the go up) but in the long run if ya just keep on doing it right they will go down. Remember Pam?

Ok, so far this week my eating has been good, exercising every day, and even though I said I wasn't going to get back on the scale (you guys didn't really believe that did you) I got on this morning and have remained the same. It would be nice to see it move some but after that HUGE mexican dinner I ate last weekend and the cherry pie that I ate all but 1 piece of I am not complaining. I do much better during the week when I am at work and my food is controlled. Having those Lean Cuisine dinners has really made a big difference for me since I am not eating take-out, I am hoping that I can keep it under control better on weekends from now on and I will not buy any more cherry pies. I think that the occasional dinner out is a given but I need to learn a little restraint.

I hope that you all have a nice weekend, I have a lot to do. The rain has finally let up and my yard looks like a jungle. Maybe we should all try to post a little more on the weekends since they seem to be a little more difficult for most of us, just to keep the motivation going. I will check in a little later.

Again, have a great weekend!

LJ
225/203/150

PS I am closing in on my 3 month (started the end of April cant remember the exact date) and would like to get to 200 by the end of July. 3 lbs to go!
Old 07-20-2002, 09:52 AM   #62  

Good Morning. Finally the weekend. It was a long week for me babysitting.
I'm still mad at myself for the cookies yesterday. I even confessed to DH. He didn't care.
Did anyone see 20/20 last night? They were talking about the food pyramid and diet. I just don't know what to believe anymore. The only thing I do believe is that overly processed foods can't be too good for me.
The weekend is always more of a challenge for me too. We tend to eat out more, and not on much of a schedule. Give me strength! Give us all strength!
Tiff, how close are you to Chicago? I'm a few hours away.
Off to do laundry. My five year old is a real clothes horse and changes outfits 3 times a day!
Old 07-20-2002, 10:34 AM   #63  
I'm back again

Hi all,

Huntress told me about this thread...it's been fun reading all your threads and I understand all the "wish lists". I have TWO little black dresses that I would love to wear again and a two piece swimsuit that is gorgeous and I'm definitely going to wear it again before the fabric falls apart from age!

I'm about in the same place as you all, need to lose 50-60 # and do it sensibly. I have two teenagers at home that keep me busy with their needs but I have come to realize that MY NEEDS have taken a back burner and it is time to get things balanced.

My current diet plan of choice is WW,(with a little Michael Thurmonds Body Makeover, and Carbohydrate Addicts Diet mixed in). I tend to do well on WW but have been under the weather for the last week and am back on track again today, I hope.

So many of you sound like me.....it's amazing! Even the wish lists sound like mine....you put down on paper all the things I have been thinking of.

Gotta go...Saturday am...the day I do all the things I should have done during the week but couldn't get to like laundry, watering plants, housecleaning, etc.

Nice to meet you all.

190/188/130

Old 07-20-2002, 12:51 PM   #64  

Hi Brighterdays! And welcome to our little corner. It's so nice to have a place where others understand, it's helped me a lot.
I sooo hear you on the "my needs" thing. I'm usually the last person I get around to taking care of. And, I've heard a zillion times that ya gotta take care of yourself to do a good job taking care of others. Makes sense, but hard to put into action.
Welcome again!
Old 07-20-2002, 04:38 PM   #65  
One day at a time. :)

S/C/G: 254/248/165

Height: 5'9"

Welcome Brighter Days! Hope you stick around for a long time!

Well, last night was rough again, but today I feel like I have everything under control again. I really do think it was that time of the month where I am simply RAVENOUS all day and night. Can't get enough food.

Today, I am way ahead of the game and not even hungry. So, YAY me!!!

By the way, I usually try to drink Crystal Light part of the day, cause I really hate water and this is a way for me to get in those precious liquids. I bought Raspberry Ice last night and I am in LOVE!!!!!!!!!!! It tastes like Kool-Aid. My local store had the Crystal Light on sale for 2 for $3. Which is a GREAT DEAL!!! So, I went back today to stock up! So, I am pretty much waterlogged.

Tig, I really agree about the processed foods. Susan Powter was screaming that back in the day, but when they are SO easy to eat...it's tough to NOT have them. I would love to be more natural, but right now, I will just settle for getting my calories down and my fat as well, and maybe after I adjust better, then I can try to incorporate more natural foods. I really don't each much red meat right now the way it is.

Well, I have company coming, so I guess I should light the candles and pick up after the kids.

Have a great weekend ladies! Talk to you tomorrow!

Tiff
Old 07-20-2002, 06:16 PM   #66  

hey!
Im home for the day so i thought i would stop in to say hi!
I have been having an ABSOLUTE BLAST!!!!!!!!!! Im sooooooo exhausted though! i was going to just stay out at camp tonight but i decided a REAL shower and my nice warm bed would be just what i need to re engergize for another week!

The weather has been CRAZY hot but last night we had a HUGE hail/ thunder storm! It was so scary! We were just about to have a dance and we saw the clouds so we moved the dance inside...and it got REALLY windy. Me and one of the guys i counseled with ran down to the beach to see if we could get better reception off his radio thing to get the weather warnings......all the toys were EVERYWHERE at the beach! we had to run around and get them all and then flip a canoe upside down over them! then we went up and the wind was just going crazy and a bunch of girls told us that one of their cabin mates was missing! so we were just about to sound the alarm when she came out of this cabin. it was nutz!

so we got everyone inside and i ran up to the staff quarters to get the stereo and as soon as i shut the door the hail started! it was crazy! Eventually it just started to POUR and i had a girl in my cabin who was TERRIFIED of storms so i HAD to get down to the compound to her.......Ryan and me ran there and i had JUST done my hair and stuff for the dance....was wearing makeup and nice clothes (totally not what i normally do at camp! lol) and i got totally drenched and got down there just in time to be totally soaked and freezing for the picture! what a day!

so today i am just home for a little R'n'R!!!!!
(rest and relaxation that is!)
but anyways.....ill check again in the morning! sorry about the long post! talk to you all soon! hope everyone is doing well!!!!!

luv
Kayla
Old 07-20-2002, 06:33 PM   #67  
One day at a time. :)

S/C/G: 254/248/165

Height: 5'9"

Wow Kayla, you sound so energetic and positive. I think this is a great thing for you!!!

Now, if only I can find something to give me that much passion.

Watch out for those hail storms!

Tiff
Old 07-20-2002, 11:51 PM   #68  
I'm back again

Hi all,

Thanks for the welcomes....huntress said it was a great group and I see why.

Can't post much but just wanted to say thanks. I'll try to get my internet connection to behave so that I can visit again.

Goodnight, all! Sweet dreams!
Old 07-21-2002, 06:17 AM   #69  

Good Morning

Hi Brighterdays.......good to see you here. Welcome!

Kayla - glad to hear you're having a good time at camp.

Tiffany and Tigerlilly - I love eating naturally too, I even tried that caveman diet where you only eat what comes from a tree or vine and roasted meats, sadly after eating processed food for over 40 years I wasn't able to stay on it for very long. Too much work and too much shopping, not to mention missing a lot of my favorite foods.

I've done well eating so far this weekend, YA! I was really worried after last weekend, so when I got bored yesterday I got in the pool for about 2 hrs and after being in the sun for that long I was not only burnt but too tired to care much about eating. Got lots of exercise instead of just splashing around and I think I will start doing my workouts in the pool since it is so hot now.

LJ
225/202/150
Old 07-21-2002, 02:55 PM   #70  

Hello to all and Welcome, Brighterdays!

Kayla - It sounds like you are having a BLAST at camp, and all that running sounds very healthy. Keep on enjoying your summer! That storm sounds very scary and I'm proud of you for taking care of all your responsibilities during it. Be careful, too!

I knew there was a reason I decided to check in today! Yep, weekends are tougher and if we keep posting we get refueled and encourage each other. I'm usually a weekday poster but I can see the logic and will try to do this.

I'm still on plan - but only by virtue of the fact that WW lets you bank points. I went to a garden party yesterday and the food was great. What do you guys think of this banked points thing? Psychologically I think it's great and makes it easier to adhere to a plan but I feel a little funny today like - was that really okay?

I agree with the struggle over what kinds of foods are really "healthy." I am just reading a link from another thread that discusses the food pyramid & recommendations. None of the information is a HUGE surprise, having a background in holistic health.

[for anyone who hasn't read, basically says: Refined carbs and sugar are about on the same level. Omega fats good, trans fats bad. More fruits and vegetables and whole grains... Dairy isn't necessarily that great for you. A little wine can be a good thing.]

For me, it comes down to this: Losing weight is what is healthy for me right now. [bmi... bmi... it haunts me] Processed foods and chemicals are not good for me - but did I get this fat eating whole grains, fruits, veggies and olive oil? Uh, no. So if I have aspartame and chemical laden frozen cuisine to help me stay on plan will it kill me? No. Should I start teaching myself how to cook things that are HEALTHY and still on plan? YES! Is it more important than losing weight? In other words, should I screw up but eat healthy food instead of making lean cuisine and staying on plan? NO!!!

What I *DID* do is go buy the best quality multi-vitamin I could afford - from my Naturopath - and I am taking it religiously. The anti-oxidants are going to bounce the free radicals from the chemicals right out of my body. The other nutrients will keep me strong. And drinking 6-8 glasses of water a day, eating fruits and vegetables, and switching to high-fiber diet bread is ALREADY a major step in the right direction. That's my 2 cents on that subject. It's a journey - when I get good at one thing, I'll add another.

Speaking of aspartame, is there any other KIND of Crystal Lite than the Red Raspberry???? Going for a glass right now.
Old 07-21-2002, 03:05 PM   #71  

hey there everyone!

well everyone seems to be doing well!
i am leaving in 15 minuts to go back to camp! im TOTALLY physched(spelling???) to go back! i absolutely love it and its been so fun! im sure i will have a hundred new stories by the time i get home next week! anyways! gotta jet! good luck everyone and keep smiling!

luv
Kayla
Old 07-22-2002, 07:14 AM   #72  

Monday Again. The weekend went too fast, usually does. Oldest son spent the weekend w/my parents. So, was kina quiet around the house w/only one rugrat. Especially after having four all last week.
I weighed in this morning. 191.5 Back to where I'd lost the origianl 10 lbs. My mini goal is too reach 181 by sept.1. I better get serious, or it's not gonna happen.
Cafe, I liked your 2cents about the natural foods. About the points banked...it sounds like it could be teaching that it is ok to indulge occasionally. ?? And, I do think normal weight people do indulge occasionally. When it comes to eat'n, occasionally isn't gonna make a person fat. It's what we do consistantly.
Kayla, I remember going to camp when I was little. Bear Lake Bible Camp. I also remember thinking the counselors were so cool. LOL
huntress, cave man diet? Never heard of that one. But, I did read a book called "What The Bible Says About Healthy Living". It claims to know what food God intented for us to eat. Eating right in a World gone wrong. Sounds like it could be close to a cave man diet.
Well, this week I need to work on my exercise. I've slacked bad the last few weeks. Lost some steam. Goal this week, do 3mile walkaway 2 times and teabo 2 times.
LETS EAT LESS AND MOVE MORE! GO! GO! GO!
Old 07-22-2002, 11:57 AM   #73  

Happy Monday all!

Just have a minute and wanted to say hi. Hope everyone's having a good day. It's quiet her, wanted to bring the thread to the top.

LJ
Old 07-22-2002, 12:01 PM   #74  

howdy! i just wanted to report in that i did my walkaway video. one day down, 3 to go! i'm doing at least 4 days of exercise this week. help make me accountable!
i also went outside and pulled weeds. i sweat so bad my eyes were burning. burn that fat!
Old 07-22-2002, 12:11 PM   #75  

Rah! Rah! Let's go do it!

Feeling good today. I'm wearing some pants that I haven't worn for a few weeks - I don't know if it's just that I *want* them to be looser or if there's really a little more room in the booty... but perception is reality sometimes and I feel good.

This should be another "good" week for me if my PMS-Diet-Calendar is working. Next week will be fine with the weekend of the 3-4 of August turning into uphill territory.

With this in mind I'm psyched - I'm telling myself there is no reason not to have a good week this week and I can totally do this. My goal is to drop 2 this week. It is within my reach, but I *will* need to go to the gym like a good girl. I only went twice last week!

I had a sushi-making class on Saturday - great fun! I learned that it's not all about raw fish - sushi in Japan is like sandwiches are here. You can put anything in it. I don't like the really exotic raw fish (some is okay!) but I still tended to think of the rolls as very traditional combinations of ingredients. And for as delicious and satisfying as it is, it's pretty low points. Yum! And I got to keep my sushi mat (to roll them in).

So who else is ready for a good week?

Edited to say: LOL, Tiger! I'll put you on my tracking calendar.

Last edited by Cafe976; 07-22-2002 at 12:16 PM.
Closed Thread