General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

View Poll Results: Been Unsuccessful? How many "diets" have you tried?
This is my first 0 0%
1-3 4 16.00%
4-6 1 4.00%
I have every diet book there is! 10 40.00%
With Christ, this will be my last! 10 40.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2002, 06:41 AM   #31  

hi all!

glad to see you're still here and still at it!

so far my loss for the month of june has been 1 pound

my son is leaving tuesday evening, so maybe then i can get serious and lose another pound by the end of the month!

i'm gonna try anyway!
i've seen several people post that they tried pilates by getting a video from their local library...well my local library doesn't have ANY fitness videos of any sort.... rats!

i've gotta get mooovin more! i logged 8,000 steps on my pedometer yesterday...but today i probably won't do half that as i'm only working my 1 job....but there is a lot of housework to catch up on!

zoe, have missed you on the other board! stop in and say hello!

jojojo you are an inspiration with that new exercise program! you go girl!

come on amy! we can do this too!

saved4ever, how's it going for you?

gotta get my day going!
you all have a great weekend!

lori
down 34 pounds eating God's way since 1/15/02
http://pub96.************/bgodsdiet
Old 06-21-2002, 04:09 PM   #32  

Default TGIF!

Yay - it's Friday!

Okay - I tried the Pilates tape last night for the first time. Here is my reaction - Ouch. I am one out-of-shape girl. But I did enjoy it. If I can stick with it I think it will definitely work my butt! But if you try it let me give you some advice. Get a mat! That floor is hard!! You do most of it lying down, so get something comfortable to lay on. The whole emphasis is on strengthening your "powerhouse" - your middle section. After having 2 c-sections and an amdonimal hernia operation I can definitely use some help in this area! I also liked that it is a 20 minute program. I am going to try to commit to 3 times per week. Maybe I can get to 4 but I don't want to set my goal too high!!

Well, that's all the news from here. Have a great weekend everyone! Amy (the new me doing Pilates)
Old 06-22-2002, 08:37 AM   #33  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Good Saturday Morning!

I am feeling really good, almost finished with 3 weeks of being OP. I must confess 2 things ~ first, I had pizza last night. Ok, so it's not the worst thing I could have had but I feel like maybe I had just a little too much. Anyway, I'm back on track again this morning, had my bran cereal, skim milk and a banana. The 2nd confession is that I snuck a peek at the scale again yesterday morning and I won't jinx anything by saying but I think I just may be smiling again come Monday's weigh in.
Old 06-22-2002, 03:29 PM   #34  

Angry Can I join!!!!!! (Waving hands furiously and smiling a big, dopey grin!!)

HI!!!! I am so happy to find you all! My name is Amanda, I am 27 and jsut had a baby in March. I have been struggling wiht the same fourty pounds since I was 23. I want to lose 50 pounds alltogehter.

I just won Richardh Simmons weight mover off ebay and cannot wait to try it! I plan to stay on it my whole life, as I need help with my eating habits and this is nice and healthy! I am also readinG First Place and want to begin scritpture memorization.

I LOVE these little faces!! I won't have my Richard Simmon's until the end of this week, so I am enjoying the last bit of food that I will begin to cut out of my regular food rotation!!

I am so happy to find this thread. I am kind of a new Christian - I accepted Christ in 1997.

I am so excited to read about you all!! Your posts have been an inspiration so far!!!

I am always starting new "diets" and quitting and I NEVER stick to anything, I feel like a failure and a loser, so I am doing it with Christ this time, by my side! I know he loves me, and want to use me!!
Old 06-22-2002, 03:39 PM   #35  

hi amanda and welcome!

of course you can join! glad to have you!

congrats on the baby!

we're all losing in our 'own' way, so just find whatever works for you and then work with it!

my thingy i'm having to work the hardest at now is my exercise...i hate anything that makes me sweat...especially when it's hot out.
i seem to have my eating plan down pat, and it's working for me slowly but surely.

i got a pedometer and am working on trying to beat my steps every day...that at least is some exercise

i wish you well!

hi to everyone!

lori
down 34 pounds eating God's way since 1/15/02
http://pub96.************/bgodsdiet
Old 06-22-2002, 04:35 PM   #36  
Happy Member

Default Checking in -

What a nice attitude everyone has in this group. It is a joy to be with you as together we journey to a healthier way of life. We know that Christ is with us, He is our special Friend.

A special "hello" and "welcome" to Amanda. I don't know if I am the only one following the Richard Simmons program on this thread, actually we all follow the technique that works for us. But I follow Richard's program, so if you have any specific questions related to the foodmover, I would be happy to help.

In the year 2000 I lost over 45 lbs. with the foodmover and exercise. Since that time I have been maintaining with difficulty. I would like to lose a few more lbs., but who knows? At any rate I am eating healthy and exercising. I just had anotherbirthday, now I am 76.

I recommend that anyone lose the weight while they are young, it becomes more difficult as we age.

So everyone, keep plugging away. We all know what should be done, but sometimes the 'doing' is more difficult.

Have a blessed Sunday.
Old 06-25-2002, 11:05 AM   #37  
Each Bite of Sugar...

Default Glad to see this group!

I was so glad to see these posts. I still haven't read all the way through, but wanted to reply to Amy.

Amy, I have insulin resistance and hypothyroid, so I can relate to what you're dealing with, except the PCOS. I just had a baby girl in March and dealt with Gestational Diabetes - it taught me how to eat, let me tell you.

I didn't gain any weight during the last half of my pregnancy while I was eating like a diabetic. That spoke volumes to me!! But, of course, the minute I was home from the hospital, I wanted my carbs back. SO I allowed myself to fall back into my bad habits and gained back almost all the weight I "lost" while I was pregnant (almost 20 pounds!).

So, here I am. I need to lose about 100 pounds, 115 pounds would be my "ideal weight" for me.

I'm starting at the beginning again, but I know I can do it. It's nice to see I'm not alone.
Old 06-25-2002, 01:08 PM   #38  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Everybody,

I'm sorry I didn't have time to read all the posts but by the title of this thread, I knew its where I wanna be.

I am trying to incorporate the Weigh Down Diet into my life, I am slowly trying to change. I'm tired of counting and starving myself and the book just makes so much sense I know its what I need to do. I haven't weighed myself but I know I'm around the 230 mark.....uhhhhhh.

Talk to you later

Love, Leens
Old 06-25-2002, 08:15 PM   #39  
Happy Member

Default Focused on my Savior -

That's what we all need to be doing, staying focused on the Savior. If we can do that, then everything else in our lives, including weight loss, will fall into place.

That is our first priority, staying focused on Him.
Old 06-25-2002, 08:54 PM   #40  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Good Tuesday Evening my fellow losers (I just love that.......)

first let me say a BIG, WARM welcome to our newest members of our little group....Leens, Lisa and Amanda. We're so glad that you could join us here. We are a small but supportive group, all with the same goal....to lose weight and be healthy all by the grace of God. Not thinking we can do it on our own anymore since we've seen that it just doesn't work. Please feel free to jump in anytime.....we want to hear more from you all.

Leens ~ I tried the Weigh Down Diet and think that the concept is perfect. Right now, I'm doing Weight Watcher's Points system which works good for me. If you stick with us here, we can cheer each other on to a better body and better health. Welcome again!

Lisa ~ you're right, you are not alone....you have us and more important, you have CHRIST. He is the only way to conquer any problem, any project, any hurdle. Welcome, we're glad that you're here. What "plan" are you using?

Amanda ~ I have the same amount of weight to lose as you do. 40 would be great but 50 would be even better. I've now lost 10 over the last 3 weeks and am on my way. I decided to give myself until a certain time (December) and have a few 'mini' goals inbetween. So my first goal of 10 pounds by the 4th of July has come to pass (sooner too! ) and my next is 25 by Labor Day (there's a Labor Day challenge here on 3FC).....the rest by December. So as you can see, I have it all planned. So yes, with Christ and each others encouragement, we CAN do it. Welcome!

Hi there JoJoJo, Lori and Amy ~ hope y'all are having a great week so far.

In Christ's Love,
Zoe <><
Old 06-26-2002, 09:21 AM   #41  

Talking WOW!!

I was out sick for two days so I haven't been on my computer. I came back in this morning and WOW I am so excited to see everyone! Having this group of friends to support each other is such a great help to me and I know it will be for you too.

Leens, Lisa, and Amanda - I'm so glad you have found us. It's so great to know you are not alone - we are all here to lift each other up in the Lord!

Amanda - I know a lot about First Place! My mom has been a First Place leader for several years now and I went through the program after my 5 year old was born. It is a great program. The RS program seems to work really well for a lot of people too. Let us know how it's going!

Storybookmama - what a great screen name! It sounds like we have a lot in common. Are you taking anything for the insulin resistance? I was taking Glucophage, but I was able to stop taking it a few months ago. I do okay with my blood sugar as long as I am REALLY good about keeping my carbs and sugar down. If I overdo it and eat a bunch of stuff I shouldn't I really pay for it the next day. My blood sugar is on a roller coaster for about 24 hours! But, if I keep my blood sugar pretty steady I feel much better.

Leens - Don't worry about keeping up with all the posts if you don't have time to. We are just glad you are here and want you to let us know how you are doing! It is so helpful to me to read what is working for other people and I hope it will help you too!

Zoe, Loridon, Saved4ever, and JoJoJo - Did you guys weigh Monday? How is everyone doing? I was down a pound this morning. YAY!! But, I weighed myself over at my mother in law's the other night and I weighed a LOT more on her scale!?!? Like 7 pounds more!!! Has anyone had this happen?

Well, better get to work. Have a happy healthy day!!! Amy
Old 06-26-2002, 10:37 AM   #42  
Each Bite of Sugar...

Default Amy & Zoe

Zoe, I'm not using any "plan" so to speak other than following the diet I was on while I was pregnant and dealing with the Gestational Diabetes. I had to be on loads of insulin while I was pregnant so they monitored me pretty closely. I had a great deal of nutritional training at the Diabetes Center, so that's basically what I'm doing.

Since it worked for me while I was pregnant, I figure it will work that much better now that I'm not.

Amy, thanks, I married into the last name of Story and love to play with it. I don't have to take anything for the insulin resistance just yet, but because I had Gest. Diabetes, the odds of my getting Type II Diabetes is really high, especially if I don't lose weight. Talk about incentive!!

I'm glad I found this list, too. I can see this is going to be fun. I'll weigh in Monday with the rest of you. Not promising that I'll actually say how MUCH I weigh, but I'll keep track of how much I've lost.

I can't remember who it was, but someone else also had a baby in March. My dd was born March 2nd, she was 10 pounds 4 ounces!! Just thought I'd throw that in there... I'm pretty proud of her.

Thanks for the warm welcome
Old 06-26-2002, 01:47 PM   #43  

Hello everyone

I'm new to this forum but not to the site. I've been offline since first of the month due to computer being down . I really missed the site and all the info.

I'm currently doing First Place. Been doing it since third week of Jan. 2002. Been dieting since Nov. 2001. Overall I've lost 39lbs and counting. Need to loose 9lbs to reach my current goal, then I'll consider lowering it 10-15lbs.

Anyway I've grown closer to the Lord since starting the program. The bible studies are great. Very uplifting and reminds us of weapons God has given us to combat our temptations and self desires. Putting Him first in our lives is truely the way to be successful in all that we do.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you. Bye for now and God Bless you all.

Old 06-26-2002, 03:40 PM   #44  

Hi All! What a GREAT team here! Everyone is so suportive!

I am hoping my Richard Simmons Food Mover arrives tomorrow!! Then I will officialy be ON MY WAY DOWN!! LOL

Oh dear - I cant remember who wrote what - sO I will repond and ya'll will knwo who I am talking to! LOL

Amy Doodle - That is cool we have similiar goals!! I agree 40 pounds would be great 50 ideal! I cannot wait to start losing! I am just enjoying my last few days of bad stuff before my Richard Simmons arrives!!

I am looking forward to combining Richard Simmons and First Place. There is no First Place group near me, so I am kind of winging it!!

HERE IS MY ISSUE: can someon direct me to a book or scripture that supports the importance of "looking your best" I feel so shallow that oneof my main goals is to simply look better. I mena, it is oneof many! But I feel that is so shallow of me. I guess if i felt that God would want me to look my best, then it wouldnt feel so "wrong"

I am trying to focus on losing the weight so I can be better witness to the lord. And also, so I can be a strong role-model for my daughter (3 months old). I knwo it will benefit me in a million ways...

Any thoughts or Suggestions?

Old 06-26-2002, 03:43 PM   #45  

AAAAAAAAH!! At the end of my thread there werent suppose to be two little devils!! where did they come from!!!!??

I guess I hit the wrong face symbol on the face chart!! LOL

Bad sign when the devil is at the end of your sentences!!! LOL

Thanks!!!
Closed Thread