General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2002, 10:37 AM   #61  

Holly--hope your day is going better!
Christine--way to go with the loss! You have great focus so I'm sure you'll reach your goal!

My scale isn't budging. I hadn't gotten on in about two weeks and it's not moving. I know that in itself is a good thing, but I wish it would move just a little! I'm not going to get upset about it. I'm just going to keep on doing what I'm doing.

Hope you're all having a good day.
Old 05-14-2002, 01:41 PM   #62  

Good morning!!

Christine~~~great news that you are down a pound. Your new scale sounds like its your friend. No more demon scale ever again!!! Good for you!

Tryinhard~~~ Dont let the stuck scale get to you down. I was like that for well over a month and then just last week,, a good loss. It will happen for you too!!!! Like you said just keep doing what you are doing !

Holly~~~ Hope your second day at work is a good one. And remember dont let those pastries that you are making get to you!!!!!!

Sprite, Melisa, Jacklyn, Nola,Latisia, Pamela, Hockeychic , how are you ladies today?

Well I am off to go get a cell phone for the long trip back to the states next week. Think its a good idea to get one since we will be driving close to 3000 miles just to Illinois...yikes.....eh???
8 more days and then we are off...cant wait to see my kids and my little grandson..
see everyone later, have a grrrrrrrrrrreat day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nancy
207/188.5/150 1st goal
Old 05-14-2002, 02:11 PM   #63  

Good afternoon everyone!!

I haven't had a good couple of days here. After I decided to make myself a mini-goal I kind of went crazy with the eating. It's only 2:00 here so its not too late to turn it around and reach my goal by Sat. I really need to meet this goal because I have not shown a loss in a while and I need to turn this thing around!!

Hope everyone is doing well...I cant talk for long because I have a meeting in about 20 minutes so I'll check in later!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

183/153/135 first goal
183/151 first mini goal....May 18
Old 05-14-2002, 02:52 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 230/211/165

Height: 5'5"

Thumbs down

Thanks for the invitation. I can't believe how motivated I feel!!I have been counting calories and moving for 4 days now. Please....let me have the strength to continue 1 day at a time. Just the fact that I have started moving is a great plus for me, who wants to die as a couch potato, not me! Starting weight, 240, 160 hereicome
Old 05-14-2002, 10:24 PM   #65  

hello everyone, been getting on later and later these days.. busy days it has been. I am still OP, ate some low fat oreos, kinda went over but improvised,, I am feeling good non the less did a weights session that i myself made up, It was pretty good, aimed at alot of my weak areas, abs, thighs, and back. Well hope everyone is op, we are gonna do this!! Just take it day by day, slip ups will occur, it is ony natural! Just wanna say welcome, hericome!!! Sounds like you are on a roll!! Keep it up, you will do this, and you are already making the good moves towards it!! well goodnight everyone and ttyl
Old 05-14-2002, 10:54 PM   #66  

Hi everyone and welcome hereicome!
Latisia, I want details of your hubby's reaction. I've been dying for you to share. PLEASE!!!!
Holly, I hope everything at work is going well.
To everyone else, I'm glad to hear you are doing well and trying hard to stay on track.
As for me, the early workout sessions are paying off. I'm down to 177.1 Yippee! I haven't been in the 170's in about 7 years. I asked my husband to guess how much I weighed and guess what he said? 158 He was totally serious too. That made me feel sooooo good. I told him how much I really weighed and he said I don't look it at all. He said I look like I weigh a lot less. That made me feel wonderul. I was really getting down about not being able to break through the 180's and now I feel a new motivation to keep going even stronger. I hope all of you can find that feeling deep inside and never give up.
ttyl,
Melisa
Old 05-15-2002, 08:54 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 200/200/125

Height: 5'4"

Good morning all! Welcome hereicome

The scale was nice to me again this morning. Down 1/2 lb! Hopefully this helps with the motivation cuz I still don't feel like I've been especially good these past few days. I really like that the scale reads in 1/2 pounds now. It is certainly nice to know I'm closing in on 152 rather than being almost 154

Melisa, congrats on the 170s! I so love it when I break through the 'major' numbers.. you know, 180 to 179.. 170 to 169 Thats the best parts of the loss! Unfortunately for me, I hit 149 about 4 times already and here I am on my way back to hit it for the 5th, and hopefully last time!

Hope everyone has a great wednesday

Christine
195/153/130
Old 05-15-2002, 10:14 AM   #68  

Good morning everyone!

I actually salvaged my day yesterday and kept myself within my limits. I have been talking to someone in the office who has gone from 180something to now TADA....124!!! She said that she will normally eat breakfast and then EITHER eat a pretty good sized lunch OR dinner.. In other words if she eats alot for lunch she eats an extremely light dinner or vice versa. She pretty much eats whatever she wants and has maintained it for over 5 years so that is what I tried last night. After I walk I am usually not the least bit hungry but I have been eating anyway. So instead I am going to try to eat a larger lunch and then go light on the dinner and see what that does. I'm willing to try anything at this point to see what will work for me! I am happy to report that although the scale isn't budging I can tell a difference in my body. My legs are much more defined and my stomach is flattening a little, so it is working!!!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

183/153/135 first goal
183/153/151 first mini goal....May 18
Old 05-15-2002, 06:50 PM   #69  
Crazy Candian in Aus

Talking Yay!!

Hey there! I have started this week on a very positive note and have kept it up! I am following the Body for Life program this week and it is not as bad as I thought it would be! I have gone for a work out or a walk first thing in the morning every day but today… Thursday because it was POURING rain and I could not get outside to get my cardio in. I will try to walk or go to the gym after work today. I don’t want to miss out on the first week. Actually, this is a trial week…. and I am getting used to the routine before I jump in head first! I had a killer lower body work out yesterday and I am a bit achey today. Feels so good to be on track again!

My dad is having his surgery some time next week. He will find out the exact date in the next 24 hours or so… I am just waiting for my mom to email me to phone her back. I get great overseas rates on prepaid phone cards here! I think I will be going through them in record time soon!!! Hehehehe

Sounds like everyone is doing great this week and staying very positive! Keep it up everyone! I will stop in soon!

Nola.

PS. Hubby got his license as well on the weekend, and I went on another long ride on the bike… now we have to share ….. could test the marriage!
Old 05-15-2002, 07:37 PM   #70  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hi everybody!

Yay, Melisa!! I am so pleased at your success! And kudos to you for the early A.M. workouts. Have you been going to bed earlier, to be able to get up so much earlier? And how nice that your husband thought you were 20 pounds less. Congrats!

Jacklyn, it is so cool that you can see definition in your legs, and see the overall slimming that is happening. That is good that you can eat lightly after you walk.

Yay Christine, glad the scale reflects a loss! That will help keep you motivated for sure.

Hi Nancy! Gosh, you have such a long drive ahead! Like many Americans, I am ignorant of different Canadian provinces, and looked at B.C. - so far away! I am happy at your excitement at seeing your children and grandchild soon!

tryin'hard, it surely is frustrating when the scale isn't budging, yet one knows that one is doing the right things...it will show another loss soon!

Hi t-girl! You're right on - it's one day at a time, doing our best, and slip-ups are inevitable; yet we will keep on!

Welcome hereicome, hope your motivation is still going strong! Keep moving, keep a watch on calories/fat; drink water, and the loss will come!

Hello also to Sprite (busy with classes!), Pamela, Kanola, darmah, and hockeychic! Hope you're all doing great!

Being back to work is great, in that I'm doing what I really enjoy in a very laid-back environment; however it has totally disrupted my careful schedule of eating and exercising! I have GOT to get to bed earlier so I can rouse myself out of bed at 5:30 to exercise, then shower/breakfast/get younger son out to school, then get to work.
I am happy that I haven't eaten anything out-of-line at work; haven't been eating anything I've been making (cheesecake, fruit bars, cookies, etc.) and when staff lunch is served, I will have a piece of protein like grilled chicken or fish, and some greens. I have a 150 calorie-ish snack when I get home (like a small bowl of cereal, or a granola bar) then a pretty sensible dinner.

I haven't had a good walk since Sunday morning; it's been raining (and sometimes SNOWING, for cryin' out loud!) pretty much non-stop since Sunday afternoon. Bleh! I want to walk! The weather has also nixed any further practice on the motorcycle. Oh well.

Have a great evening everyone!

Holly
176/166/160 1st mini-goal
Old 05-15-2002, 07:43 PM   #71  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Me again, two minutes after I posted!

Congrats to your husband, Kanola! Well, he's just going to have to get his own bike, isn't he?

And I can change my sign-off to read

Holly
176/164/160 ist mini goal!
Old 05-15-2002, 09:11 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 230/211/165

Height: 5'5"

Thumbs down

I am still on a roll. Worked my usual 12 hour shift, then took a walk for 30 min. This is a miracle in itself. I usually hit the couch and the food even though I already ate supper at work. I was real nervous on the way home because I have always reached for the food when I hit the door.Thought if I went for the walk, it would break the routine I had gotten in to, and it worked .Did well at work too, another temptation to eat . It didn't get me there either .I had packed my bags full or veggies, soup, fruit, and all the other good stuff, looking at the calorie content and choices I had. Gee, is this going to work??Tomorrow is another work day, and I'm planning the day so that I won't make the wrong choices. And, I MUST walk again when I get home. Another blessing I have is that I live in sunny Florida and I can't use the weather as an excuse .
Old 05-15-2002, 09:32 PM   #73  

Howdy all,

Great to hear that everyone is doing well.
I am doing fine also. Getting things ready for the long trip ahead.

Christine,Holly and Melisa~~~~~ Congrats on the weigh loss!!! I bet you guys are feeling good!!!! And I am feeling good for you guys too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yee hah!!!!!! Way to go!

Nola~~~ I hope you have great success with the Body For life plan. I actually picked up that book the other day,,,,but then I put it back down and walked to another part of the store... that looks way to hard for me...yikes!!!!!!

Jacklyn~~~changing the way your body looks is not easy but your hard work is paying off keep up the good work!!!!

hereicome~~~ I did not get a chance to welcome you yesterday, so Ill do it now...Welcome! I hope you like it here with all of us "losers" this is a great group!!

tryinhard, Sprite,Latisia,Pamela,Hockeychic~~~~ hope you had a great day also and that you are staying focused and positive.

Well I better get busy got lots to do before next week...have a great evening friends!!!!!

See ya tomorrow
Nancy
207/188.5/150 1st goal
Old 05-16-2002, 09:27 AM   #74  

Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't posted, but this is a crazy time in the school year! Something going on everyday and most likely at night as well!
Nancy--you must be so excited for your trip! How long will you be on the road? Will you be able to check in with us?
Jacklyn--good luck with your mini goal tomorrow. You've had a great week and hope it pays off for you!
Hereicome--welcome! I hope your days continue to be good ones!
Melissa--don't you just love being in "new numbers"??? Just the number ending in "9" sounds so much lower!! Great job being in the new decade!!
Hollie--great job at work! There's always goodies near the coffee here at school, but once you realize that people bring in only what they don't want to have in their own home, it makes it all look a little less attractive! I just tell myself "I don't eat that kind of stuff anymore." You have great will power and you are being so strong!
Nola--how's the sharing going? Something tells me you'll be heading back to the bike store for a second purchase... Hope all is well with your dad.
Well, that's it from here. My eating has been going well because my tooth still hurts. I know, I have to call the dentist, but I keep thinking that if I ignore it long enough, it'll go away!
Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 05-16-2002, 10:54 AM   #75  

Good morning everyone! Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

I have been able to stick to my "new plan" for the past 2 days (doesn't it seem like I change my plan on a weekly basis??) I'v stayed within my calorie range and continue to walk on a daily basis. Although after this Saturday, I dont know if I will continue to put an actual date on my minigoals. It's been pretty stressful this week thinking "What if I dont make it by Saturday?". When the truth is if I dont make it, I'll just keep doing what I'm doing until I get there...so I dont know if I'll stick with the date thing. We'll see.

Everyone seems to be doing great! Congrats to all of the "losers"! Hopefully I can soon join your elite club!!

Nancy-I bet you are soooo excited about your trip!! My family is coming in this weekend. They just live in the next state and I cant wait to see them...I cant imagine having to go to another country to go visit!

Nola-I hope all goes well with your dad. We'll be thinking about you!

Welcome hereicome! Sounds like you are on the right track!

To everyone else, hope you are doing great and I'll check in later!!

183/153/135 first goal
183/153/151 first minigoal...May 18
Closed Thread