General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2002, 04:44 PM   #46  

Hey everyone, how is your day ?? I am doing so well!! my weigh in is ... 3.5 pounds lost this week!! WOW! I am so motivated, I just am so HAPPY!! THanks everyone here, and everyone I have encountered that gave me great words of kindness, and help! I thank GOD always! Thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks!! I am gonna do this, no, WE are going to do THIS!!

Jacklyn, that is wonderful advice, thanks!! My mom has type II diabetes too, for almost 10 years now, and they do have great information on it for everyone!! I am so happy to hear about your father losing all that weight!! It will really help with his diabetes!! I know you are proud of h im!!

Well I hope everyone is OP!! Have a GREAT day!!

Latisia
Old 04-27-2002, 06:27 PM   #47  

Woo Hoo T-girl! Awesome job on the loss so far. Your hard work and diligence is paying off. I wish I could say the same.... I hadn't binged today, since it is the weekend, but I did go way over my cal limit. I've had about 1500 cals today which isn't too bad but I' havn't had supper yet. I'll just have to skip supper. I"m sick. Good excuse, huh? I thought I could make it through the weekend but I guess I don't have enough will power. I'll just have to stop eating today and take it out of my tally for tomorr.w It'll eventually even itself out. Thanks for letting me vent. I just want one positive weigh-in to happen. If that would happen I wouldn't binge because I'd actually see some results. Is anyone else sick? I have a cold and I think something is going around. I wish I could exercise but I don't have the energy. Yet I have to energy to eat. Go figure, huh? Anyway, hope everyone has a great weekend. Wish me luck for control and diligence, I"ll need all the pom-poms and cheer-ons as possible!! These smilies are soo cute.
Old 04-27-2002, 11:41 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 200/200/125

Height: 5'4"

Good evening all...

I don't have time to say much as its 11:30 and I'm about to pass out I'm so tired but I had to share my one piece of good news . . .

I went to the mall today to buy some new jeans cuz all the old ones are floating on me (wore an old size 14 today... baggggy!).. anyways.. I had to buy a size 10!! Yeah! I actually brought a 12 and a 10 to the fitting room cuz I was thinking I'd be 12 but wishful that the 10 might fit instead and it did! Woohoo!!

Just had to share ... still weighing in at 149-150 but maybe this will motivate me !

Hope everyone else who has fallen off track is back on.. I know I'm tryin!

Christine
195/150/130
Old 04-28-2002, 09:45 AM   #49  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Good Morning everyone!

Christine BIG woo-hoo for you!! Size 10 jeans are probably making you dance with delight! We all know that feeling of taking something into the dressing room - "oh, no way are these going to fit; but I'll try anyway" - but then they did! We are very happy for your success!

t-girl, you are leaving us behind in the dust! You are doing so well. That's so great.

jacklyn, congrats to your dad for his huge loss. He must love his family to want to do the right thing by helping control the diabetes. And you're doing so well with that walking! I should try to work up my mileage.

darmah, weekends are hard aren't they? Sorry to hear that you're sick. That makes it alot for difficult to stick to the plan, doesn't it. Hope it's over soon! Do you like to drink hot tea? It's a good thing to drink lots of when you're sick with a cold. Hope you're feeling better soon!

Nancy, we haven't heard from you since your icky day on Friday...was it a blow-out day? Nothing that you can't recover from, though...think of the inspiring words you've passed along to us during our "off" days. Start fresh right this minute, and you'll be right back on track!

Well, my motorcycle riding lessons will start as soon as the weather cooperates, as we plunged and bought a brand-new bike yesterday. Am SO looking forward to conquering it!

Everyone drink that water, eat sensibly, exercise, and keep your goals in your mind!

Holly
176/166/160 (1st mini goal taking forever but it will happen!)
Old 04-28-2002, 12:03 PM   #50  

hi everyone,
Way to go Latisia on the loss. That is so awesome.
Christine, size 10's? I'm so happy for you. That should keep you motivated
Darmah, I know exactly how you feel. I've been so tired lately. I haven't had energy to do much at all. I went to my aerobics class Thursday and gave it a very minimal effort. I did get my heart rate in the right zone, but just barely. I haven't been eating horribly bad, but a little more than usual. I think that the food will give me more energy but it doesn't. My TOM is due next week and my weigh in shows a 2 lb gain. I feel very blah!!! plus it's rainy outside, that doesn't help.
Nancy and everyone else I hope you are all doing well and keeping on the right track.
ttyl,
Melisa
Old 04-28-2002, 02:48 PM   #51  

Hey all!! Hope your'e doing well.. Darmah, I can relate about he weekends, it too, me a few weeks, not to take them off from low fat, but I am here for ya, you can do it, like everything it takes time.. Just try your best, stay determined!!
Christine, that is so GOOD!! Down 2 sizes!! Wow!! I am so happy for your HOOORAAAYYY!!!Keep it up!!

Hi, to everyone else hope everyone is back on., and doing it!! Hey Holly bet you can't wait for those lessons!! sounds like fun!!
I also want to thank everyone for the support!!!
Talk to you all later!!

Latisia
Old 04-28-2002, 11:00 PM   #52  
Crazy Candian in Aus

Talking TGIM

why is Monday the easiest day to start over? I have no idea!!

We had a great weekend, but it was a major binge weekend for me!! A friend of a friend is Canadian and is travelling here so we met up for a party on Saturday night and then a BBQ yesterday.... I ate so much that I felt sick last night.... it was not pretty!! uurrgghh!! Learned a valuable lesson.

I am back on track today, it is a day off from the icky office so I did some shopping this morning... now I am off to ride the motorbike and then to the gym. Nice relaxing day!

Good to hear about everyone' success this week.... I hope to have a successful week to report too!!

Holly.... ooohhhh how exciting!!! what type of bike did you end up getting??? I just love mine and wish I could ride it all day! I am still terrified in the traffic, but have made a huge improvement over the weekend, you are going to LOVE the bike!!

Nancy... where are you?? How are you doing?

Well... I best be off.... I am going to start my journal again and tracking calories, fat, carbs and protein again.... and sticking with the gym.... I want to buy size 10 jeans soon too!!! YAY!!!!

Have a good week everyone!! Keep on track and stay positive!!

Nola
Old 04-29-2002, 02:51 PM   #53  

Good Morning to everyone,,,,

Was the weekend a good one?

Lets not even talk about mine,,,,grrrrrrrrrrrr ! Lets just say I was a and that is it!! Over and done with and in the past,,,,!

Today is a new day and time for renewed motivation.

Christine~~~how fantastic that you bought a size 10 jeans.You must be feeling just wonderful!!!!!!! WAY TO GO!!!!!!

Latisia~~~ You are smoking!!!! You must be on cloud nine. I know that every week with a weightloss sure keeps you pumped. I know that if I could show some movement on the scale I would not of had the weekend that I had. You sure are an inspiration!!!!

Holly~~~ I am so happy for you that you bought your bike. Do tell us what kind it is, and take pictures so we can see. Oke Doke??

Melisa~~~ I know how you are feeling about that TOM, I feel as if its a terrorist living inside my body...

Pamela~~~ How are you feeling these days? Are you past the queasy stage and feeling more like your self?

Sprite, Jacklyn, Tryinhard, Nola, and Darmah~~~ I hope you all are having a great day also!

I have decided that I am going to try and get this body in shape, I need to build muscle . I must be the flabbiest woman this side of the YUKON!!!! I know if I start moving more and lifting my weights that Ill lose weight. I have had this attitude that since I never exercised in my 20's and 30's that its to late to start now. Well I have to do something. I cant continue to sit and think of how it could of been if I only would have exercised. I will take little steps , Ill get stronger , Ill build muscle and I will succeed. I have to do this now I cant wait any longer. I need muscle tone now!!!!!!!!!

Well I am off for a walk and I am going to make it a long one. I hope everyone has a great day and that you are smiling and staying motivated.
Check in with everybody later.......
Bye for Now....

Nancy
Old 04-29-2002, 02:58 PM   #54  

Hey everyone, doing good, still have to lift my dumbbells, I agree with you Nancy, weight lifting helps alot with burning calories, and speeding up fat loss!! Doesnt matter when you start, those muscles will react, and do their job!! Nola, I am so glad to hear that you are OP, keep it up!! To everyone one else, how are ya doing, ?stay positive, and I will talk to you later. I did my walking in the am so I wouldnt burn up in this heat!!

Latisia
Old 04-29-2002, 04:46 PM   #55  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hi everyone!

Hope we're all having a great day/afternoon. This is my "danger zone" entering time - I start salivating about what's for dinner, then wanting more more more! But I'll try to keep it together. I think I'll use the coveted size 10 jean imagery to MAKE me be good!

Nancy, how can we not be smiling after reading one of your terrific posts?! I wish I could recommend a good weights/toning video - but the one I do is from over 10 years ago, and I have it recorded on just audio cassette, as the videotape frazzled out on me years ago. I don't even know the ladies' last names - they're just "Kim and Eileen" - very 80's look with skinny legs and BIG hair - how I wanted to look like them!!! (I'd still take skinny legs and big hair now!) But it was a quick (under 30 minutes) and effective workout using light free weights, and ankle weights for floor work. Do you have a library that lends videos? If there were exercise tapes to choose from that would be great. It's just such a bummer to pay $$$ for videos, then once you try them find that you hate them...

Yup, put the awful weekend in the past. It's over!

t-girl, you are smart to do your walk before it gets too hot! And then you have that great feeling of knowing you did your walk for the day. You are disciplined! And your weekly losses are so awesome. Keep on, lady!

Darmah, hope your cold is better. Are you drinking lots of liquids? (that's the mom in me )

Hope you're not getting sick also, Melisa. You are disciplined to go to aerobics class even when you don't feel so hot.

'Nola, you are sure to also be in size 10's with that gym workout!! We bought a Honda Shadow VLX, 600 cc. And it's in the garage, 'cause we got a new 2" of snow!!! So I'm reading the Motor Vehicles manual and boning up for the permit test. Then my husband will start to instruct me. Thanks for the well-wishes!!

Hello also to Pamela, Sprite, Jacklyn, Christine, and tryin'hard.

Have a great night! Holly
Old 04-29-2002, 06:13 PM   #56  

Default Weekends are made up in the mind, but why do we let them affect us physically?

Hey all!!

Again, weekends bite the dust. I completely overdid it. I feel your pain, kanola, I didn't even want to eat but I did anyway. I think its the weekend mentality that makes me cheat. I wasn't even planning on binging until someone nicely let me know that it was the weekend. Then, it all went down the drain. I find it soo hard to jumpstart again. I always restart Monday and do good, too. But today, I've already reached my calorie limit and its only 5 pm. I can't eat for the rest of the day to end up slightly over my cals. It's weird though. I don't want to and I feel guilty doing it but that doesn't stop me from it. I literally stop in my tracks and say to myself, if I cheat then I won't lose, I'll never be happy, I'll never acheive my goal, but that doesn't work. I cheat anyway. I don't understand. I thought that was what I was striving for but evidently it doesn't mean enough to me. I don't know what I can find to motivate me more than that. I need some serious soul-searching. Glad to see others are finding success at least. Christine, that's amazing! Good to see your hard work and sweat is paying off! Hope everyone else has a great day!
Old 04-29-2002, 08:03 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 200/200/125

Height: 5'4"

"I literally stop in my tracks and say to myself, if I cheat then I won't lose, I'll never be happy, I'll never acheive my goal, but that doesn't work. I cheat anyway. I don't understand. I thought that was what I was striving for but evidently it doesn't mean enough to me."

Oh my! You have packaged up my feelings into words so precisely! That is exactly how I've felt lately!! That is how I felt before I got the 'click' last year that let me lose all this weight and thats how I've been feeling again lately. I wish I knew how to 'click' again cuz thats the ONLY thing that has ever worked to stop me from cheating all the time!!

So, if y'all couldn't tell I wasn't good this weekend either. But then, it wasn't in the plans for me to be good. I was gonna be good TODAY! So I was good most of today. I was at 1260 after dinner.. but then I had a big glass of milk and 2 big choco-chip cookies. I don't know the calorie total but its obviously over 1400. I'm not letting it get to me tho.

I didn't plan like i was going to this weekend. So maybe I can get myself to sit down tomorrow and write down a schedule for working out and specific plans and goals. ANd I still need to get some before pics out and hang them about my house!

Hope everyone is behavin' ;-) LOL

Christine
195/150/130
Old 04-29-2002, 11:40 PM   #58  

Hey all just wanted to say Goodnight, Thanks Holly, I try to beat the heat here, (as we used to say in the army..) I ate a little more than normal, guess my body needed it!! It was OP with the fat content, so I am not gonna stress it!! WEll talk to you all later!!

Latisia
Old 04-30-2002, 12:15 AM   #59  

Hi All,,

Had such a good day,,,lots and lots of walking!!! After this mornings looooooooong walk, the hubby and I drove down to the ocean and walked some more along the beach. I was feeling so energetic that when we got home I decided to wash and dry my car ( I am a fanatic about my car) and that was about 2 more hours of exercise!! Then this evening we walked down to the coffee shoppe to meet some friends about 1.5 miles there.. So woohoo.. I feel good... drank lots of water too!
Maybe one day soon, I can even dust off the old Taebo Tapes and Billy Blanks and I will be reunited once again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latisia~~~ I keep repeating in my mind what you posted earlier that no matter when I start,,, those muscles will do their job!!!! Thank You!!

To the rest of the ladies, I hope this evening was an awesome one for you and tommorrow will be even better.

Night everyone.

Nancy

Last edited by Snowey; 04-30-2002 at 12:21 AM.
Old 04-30-2002, 08:41 AM   #60  

Good morning everyone!

I've been pretty busy but have still managed to keep up with my walking. I have been walking 5 miles a day since Saturday and I have to say its not that bad!! I have been sleeping so good I dont want to give it up! My husband even walked the entire length last night!! (He usually quits around 3 miles) We had a pretty good talk about things. We are trying to get serious about paying off some major debt, so we decided to try to limit going out to eat except for one night per week which is our "date night". So that's good news for me because I actually eat pretty well at home...its when we go out to eat that I try my best to out do my husband

I've got to get back to work but I'll check in later. By the way I'm not going to weigh in till Saturday, hopefully this weight gain will disappear somewhat by then! Check in later!

183/154/135 first goal
Closed Thread