General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2002, 09:13 PM   #1  

Smile losing weight, a different way....

Hi! I have been doing something called "Somersizing" for the past 6 1/2 months. I have had tremendous success-- I have lost 62 lbs so far and continue to lose (I have another 50 to go).

The premise of somersizing is proper food combining, you can eat fat and proteins together, but no carbs. When you want carbs, you eat them without any fat. Veggies can be eaten with either proteins or carbs, and fruit is eaten on an empty stomach.

I totally love the way I'm eating! For the first time in 22 years, I am eating REAL food, and I am not ever hungry!

This program was developed by Suzanne Somers, who has written 4 books on the subject. Her website is www.suzannsomers.com

Just thought I should share, because I am SO happy eating this way, and will do it for the rest of my life!!

Best wishes,

Somersizer
Old 02-28-2002, 11:48 PM   #2  

Smile

I'm glad I saw your post! I was just going to inquire if anyone on the boards here was SomerSizing. I have been doing some research and it sounds like a wonderful plan, and it truly makes sense when you think about the digestive processes with the acids and alkalines. I am a member of TOPS and we can follow any program we like. I think I am going to purchase one of her books, do you recommend one in particular? Maybe the newest one? What kind of sweetener do you use by the way? Have you tried Stevia? I was reading the posts at SuzanneSomers.com and I guess the SomerSweet can cause bad gas in alot of people I certainly don't need any more of that than I have already! Congratulations on your success so far, that's awesome!
Old 03-01-2002, 11:38 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/200/125

Height: 5'4"

I don't follow Suzanne's somersizing plan but I have read two of her books. I found her plan very interesting and thought it would be something I'd try but it turned out to just have too many rules and I need something a lot simpler.

However, her books did get me to try Stevia. I was not impressed. *laugh* It does not taste anything like sugar.. its much more like artificial sweeteners, with that awful aftertaste. But, if you like artificial sweeteners, you probably won't mind Stevia. If, instead, you're like myself, a MUCH better option (in my opinion) is Splenda. You can buy it at the grocery store right where you buy artificial sweeteners. It comes in a box of little yellow packets or 'granulated' for baking and whatnot. It is actually made FROM sugar. It does not taste exactly like sugar of course, but it is much more palatable than the artificial stuff, and it's zero calories which is the real point ;-) My favorite use for it is in my tea or coffee in the morning or to make iced tea.. yum!

Just my two cents on sweeteners :-)

Christine
195/149/130
Old 03-02-2002, 03:09 PM   #4  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Hello

not to seem stupid but this plan sounds so interesting to me....if you can have carbs without fat, what would you put on a baked potato?? Just fat free sour cream?????
Old 03-02-2002, 09:11 PM   #5  

Question

If you type Food Combining into google.com search engine, you can find all kinds of interesting info about this. I think I'll just stick to the exchange system or calorie counting for now though, I work 12 hour shifts and I'm too dang tired to figure out what I can and can't eat with each other.....
Old 03-03-2002, 06:54 PM   #6  
a work in progress...

Default About that baked potato...

I'd put FF sour cream AND salsa on it...or cottage cheese (FF) and chopped green onions...mmmm
Closed Thread