General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2001, 01:13 PM   #16  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Default Hey,

Well, I did my workout this morning. My muscles felt strong after a weeks rest. My jog reflected my sugar hangover. But I am encouraged, I can still do it and more importantly I feel better for having worked off some frustration.

Sorry to lay out all my baggage. I am going to try to put a positive spin on the bed. It will force me to deal with a lot of repair jobs that have been accumulating around the house.

After I read your post Alice I ran out and bought my last gift and came home and put it in the mail in the nick of time for the postman. Now I am officially done too. Just that danged wrapping. It is cold and rainy today and we are about to receive an arctic blast. I have a fire in the fire place.
Old 12-23-2001, 01:41 AM   #17  

Good for you for doing your workout Ledom, you are inspiring as always. I am going to count running up and down the 3 floors of my house about a 100 times a day lately as my work out.

I have made 2 soups for Christmas eve already. I am going to do a traditional Polish/Ukrainian Christmas Eve dinner, it is meatless. Christmas Day we will have to have left overs from the feast the night before. The kids are going to the other parents for their turkey dinner on Christmas Day. One year I made a "tofufrky" it was awful...somethings it is better to do with out the "real" thing than try to substitute it.

I iced the sugar cookies today. Kind of fun. I am making a monster sized cheese ball and then that is it for cooking tonight. Who will eat the monster cheese ball?
Old 12-23-2001, 09:27 AM   #18  

Angry Hi there!

ledom, that is great you working out like that. I know when I'm upset about something and take a walk I feel much..much..better. I'm with judi, I have been up and down stairs so much in my house, plus shopping and carrying numerous shopping bags, then lugging them upstairs. I will consider that a workout It sounds very cozy at your house with the fire in the fireplace and it cold and raining.

judi, how did your cheese ball turn out? Your Christmas Eve dinner sounds yummy. We plan on having shrimp Christmas Eve and turkey for Christmas Day. Naturally Lacee will get a small plate of our turkey and veggies on Christmas Day.

Take care. Alice
Old 12-23-2001, 01:53 PM   #19  
Chick

Default Hey Girls,

Whoa, what a morning. I got up at 7:30 and decided I should immediately go get my Christmas day groceries, did that, took care of my mother who is ailing and her pets, and then had breakfast. You may be sick of hearing about tamales, but I have to go on a bit more. They are fabulous food, easy to freeze and heat in the microwave for a couple of minutes. For my brunch this is what I had, 2 date tamales topped with the salsa which is made of green delicious apples, golden raisins soaked in amaretto. This I covered and popped into the microwave and it was the perfect breakfast, grain, fruits, a little fat. Tamales are a big layout investment, but the returns can go on for a long time. I gave my friend a dozen and kept a couple of dozen. When these run out I am sure I will make more.

judi, I wish I could get away with cooking a vegetarian Christmas dinner. I see fabulous menues for that kind of cooking. D and mother would have a problem with that though. My fun cooking project for the day is a fancy schmancy dessert from Martha Stewart.

Alice, I can't remember when you and hubby travel. I guess it is after Christmas?

MOST all the wrapping done, D was up and about when I was finishing up last night so I have to sneak a time when she isn't around to finish the last few. She and I are heading out to see Ocean's Eleven this afternoon. judi, you book sounds good. I nead a light read. The book I am reading now is too depressing for this time of year.

Alas, no exercise today. Tomorrow I must.
Old 12-24-2001, 05:36 AM   #20  

Default Martha

Ledom, I made the nut brittle from the last MS magazine, I don't know what I did wrong but it stayed soft and I threw it out. I used a candy therm. too. I was feeling quite Martha-ish when I was making it but when I saw the result I felt Erma-ish again. Good luck with your recipe. Those tamales sound great. I don't think I have ever had a tamale.

The cheese ball was very good Alice, I made a huge one and a little one (which I have already eaten). Lucky Lacee, I bet Marley would like to come to your place instead of be eating perogies and cabbage rolls (meatless!) He went to the groomers today, he looks splendid. When I went to pick him up, every type of dog was in there being beautified, it was so cute. He has some homemade dog biscuits for a treat over Christmas. (Cheese & Peanut Butter).

What is the weather like Alice where you are? Do you have snow? I don't think you do, do you Ledom? I wouldn't mind a white Christmas. It doesn't look like we will get one but it is not raining so I won't complain. Snow always sets the Christmas lights display off so nicely.

I am up making bread (2:27am here). I am making one of those savory pull apart breads that you bake in an angel food tin and a french loaf. Smells great, wish you ladies were here ... you could have a tea with me and taste my fruitcake and tell me if you think it is too dry. I know both of you would be good and ignore the cookies....hmmmm, you might give in to the cheese ball, it is pretty amazing

Tomorrow will be Christmas Eve already, I hope you both have a great evening!!
Old 12-24-2001, 08:21 AM   #21  

Angry Oh, the weather outside is frightful....

We are having rain/freezing rain which is supposed to continue into this evening.

judi, your bread does smell fantastic! I wish I lived nearby to sample your goodies. Marley is very fortunate to have homemade treats. Lacee would like that very much. We do still have some snow on the ground. It is supposed to get warmer as the day progresses, but I don't know if the rain will melt any or not.

ledom, your tamales sound delicious. Are they very difficult to make? How was Oceans's Eleven? Tonight we will watch Brigit Jones' Diary. DH & I are planning on leaving around the end of Feb. until the middle of March. We plan on an overnight trip sometime after the holidays are over just to see how her nibs does in a motel room. That should be fun

A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE AND A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU BOTH

Take care. Alice
Old 12-25-2001, 03:34 PM   #22  

Merry Christmas Ledom & Alice!

Ho...Ho...I hope you are all having a wonderful day, enjoying loved ones and pets.

The kids have left to go the other parents. We had a splendid Christmas Eve, even Marley was filled (well, as filled as he can be) with good will and Christmas spirit towards Bentley. Last night we were entertained by food, gift opening and dogs doing hilarious dog things.

Today (after a short nap) the DH and I are going for a long walk by the lake. The sun is shining and we are having a beautiful day.

p.s. on a diet note:

My D's boyfriend got a camcorder for a Christmas gift and I found out I was at least TWICE as big as I thought and FOUR times as LOUD! Gotta find that straight and narrow this year, get on it or at least walk near it and work on a few things.Have a GLORIOUS day!!

Last edited by judi; 12-25-2001 at 03:36 PM.
Old 12-26-2001, 07:57 AM   #23  

Angry A very good morning to you both,

We had a delightful day yesterday, the sun was shining and Santa was very generous. Lacee got a lot of toys and she had trouble deciding which one to play with

I was reading one of the Women's magazines I buy and they had an article on numerology. There was a formula where you add the month & day you were born along with the year 2002, then it went on to let you know what the future holds, depending on whatever number you end up with. I did it out of curiosity. Mine said that whatever I decide to do this coming year I will be determined to stick with it. So...hopefully this will be my year to finally lose some weight. I know that I have gone right back on PMDing this morning. I gained 4 lb., I had lost 3. I really feel accountable to you both.

judi, I bet Bentley was so cute at Christmas. How did Marley react with Bentley around? I'm glad you had a good Christmas Eve. I hope your Christmas went well too.

ledom, how was your Christmas? Good, I hope.

Take care. Alice
Old 12-26-2001, 11:05 AM   #24  
Chick

Default Goodmorning,

I haven't been able to post the last couple of days because the board wouldn't accept my posts. Hopefully all is well now.

We had a very nice holiday. There is way too much food in my house. A really bad sign is that I dug out my sweats (because of the elastic waist band), Alice you are far braver than I if you hopped on the scales! But, I am back to PMDing today as well.

judi, I made the zucotto - dessert of the month - from that same Martha issue. It is delicious, I have to find people to feed because I have fed myself enough! D is supposed to bring some kids home this afternoon so I am hoping to feed them.

Ah, it was a good holiday but I am glad it is over. Now I want to turn my attentions to my own projects. I'm tired of cooking and cleaning!!!!

Boy, it is frigid here. Lows in the 20's and highs in the 30's for the next week or so. We aren't used to this down south. Certainly no kayaking until it warms up.

I am glad to hear each of you had such a nice holiday. Stay warm.

Last edited by ledom; 12-26-2001 at 11:29 AM.
Closed Thread