General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2001, 10:11 AM   #16  

Angry Good morning everyone!

Yesterday I had a very good day of eating, and I did get my 2-20 min. walks in. I've already gotten my first 20 min. walk in for today. It is soooo windy that it seems a lot colder than it really is. I had my mittens and wool hat on. When I go later this afternoon I'll also be wearing my ear muffs. I had debated on whether to walk or do a 20 min. exercise video. I remembered how great I felt yesterday from being outdoors, I opted to walk.

Yesterday afternoon I took Lacee with me. When we got to the end of our street we met up with a lady walking a Newfoundland. Lacee was ready to "take on" the larger dog. Thank goodness the lady and dog were on the opposite side of the road. I kept telling Lacee that the bigger dog could have her as a little snack.

Lady Windsong~How did you pull a muscle in your hip? That must be very painful. I pulled a muscle in my back many years ago, and it still bothers me at times. I hope it feels better soon. Personally, I only eat potatoes occasionally. I usually eat sweet potatoes (yams) instead. I am happy that you found us too! It's really great being there for each other. I don't count WW points, but I do have an older copy of the WW points book, before they changed some of the point values. I use this book for a lot of my portion sizes, and I also use the book to make better choices when I dine out.

ledom~I think the reason I am having a problem with the 6 meals, is that I am not used to eating that many times during the day. Sometimes I just forget, or I'm not hungry. After being ingrained in my mind to only eat 3 meals a day, no matter how hungry you are inbetween, it will take getting used to. Except for what they tell you in the suggested menu for PMD, I honestly don't know what to eat, except for a piece of fruit, or cut up fruit.
Any suggestions? Your cottage cheese/fruit/almonds sound good, so I think I will try that. If I could master the "rules" of Somersizing, I surely can master this How did your exercising go today? Yes, I have started my Christmas shopping. I am a great catalog shopper. I have ordered quite a few things already and I am waiting for them to arrive. Some have already. I still go shopping for gifts too. When I really put my mind to it I can be done by Thanksgiving, or shortly thereafter.

judi~Don't be mad at yourself, we all have those days. Just pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start again. That's what Mondays are for, at least that's what I tell myself. Are you still hiking with DH & Marley?

Take care. Alice

Last edited by aleka; 10-30-2001 at 10:14 AM.
Old 10-30-2001, 04:52 PM   #17  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Default Hey,

Windsong, I think you can have potatoes. You just need to figure the calories and work them in. I imagine the sweet potatoes are probably better for you. I have mostly black beans, I cook a batch and a batch of brown rice at the same time. Rice and beans with a dollop of sour cream and salsa is a standby for me but I also use them in recipes, I have a black bean casserole that I make and the soup I have on hand now has black beans in it. I do try to have my beans at night instead of when I am at work if you know what I mean.

I DID do my workout. It was a good one and I felt much better after finishing it. But then a bad thing happened. D had a minor car accident in the school parking lot so I spent a couple hrs. dealing with that before getting to work. Car damaged but kids ok, in the scheme of things I guess it isn't such a bad thing, but it was a lousy start to our day.

Later.....
Old 10-30-2001, 11:48 PM   #18  

Default Evenin' all!

I have a hard time with the little meals too...I like to have two
"monster size" meals a day. A big breakfast and big dinner with maybe a fruit for lunch. I know this isn't good for me because I get too hungry for the dinner and end up overeating. Though since I have been on PMD evening snacking has dropped off because the foods are nutritious and I don't feel hungry. I am going to work on the 6 small meals but for me this takes so much "thinking" about what I will have.

I also don't have a hard time having 4 fruits but have a harder time with 5 veg usually only having 3 veg a day. As a vegetarian it is no problem to eat beans 5 times a week, I vary it sometimes it is lentils, split peas and diff. types of beans.

Another thing since I have been on PMD my desire for refined foods (cakes, pastries etc.) has fallen off. So even if I haven't lost a lot of weight I know I am eating much healthier.

Alice, it sounds like Lacee is a small dog with a large attitude. Sounds like my D's Boston. Lhasa's are like that too. I kind of like it though. Just have to keep an eye on them.

It looks like we are going to sunny California for a week, so if you don't hear from me next week very much that is where I will be. I will be glad to get away from the rain.

Ledom, I will help you organize your bookshelves and you can help me exercise.

I like shopping too. I have started some Christmas buying too. I love Christmas. I like decorating the house, baking and the whole thing. I plan to stop at a few of the factory stores on the way down.
Old 10-31-2001, 07:49 AM   #19  

Angry TRICK or TREAT!!

I did get my 2 walks in yesterday. I will not be able to get both in today, as I am meeting a friend for our weekly lunch. I will get a walk in afterwards, when we go shopping at the mall Yesterday's eating went well also. For supper last night I made a Tex-Mex casserole w/black beans & brown rice.

judi~Along with having a difficult time with the 6 meals, I also have trouble getting my fruit & veggies in. I guess this is something I'll have to work on. I have no problem getting the beans in though. Have a great trip to Calif.

ledom~I am glad that your D was not hurt in the car accident. You and she must've been shaken up quite a bit. Yesterday for my mid afternoon snack I tried the cottage cheese, nuts, & some blueberries. It was really good!! How much cottage cheese do you use? I used the serving size on the carton, the serving size for the nuts, and without adding the fruit, (which I did add) I was over the 250 cal.limit.

Lady Windsong~Another thing I have done occasionally is take the beans & rice along with salsa and a dollop of sour cream, and roll it up in a flour tortilla. I try to stay away from anything with white flour, so I don't do that very often. I only wish I could find whole-wheat ones. I hope you are having a good week.

I hope that you all have a great HALLOWEEN

Take care. Alice
Old 10-31-2001, 09:30 AM   #20  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Default Alice

It has been a while since I have figured the calories so check, but I use canned fruit, a serving of apricots for example is 60 cal., lowfat cottage cheese, I believe is 90 cal. for 1/2 cup serving, and 7 or 8 crushed almonds. Actully I might stick in extra fruit. I feel that if I don't go over 300 cal. a meal I am doing good, but I do try to make sure most of them are in the 250 range.
Old 11-01-2001, 09:13 AM   #21  

Angry Hi!

We had rain late yesterday afternoon. Early evening when we let the dog out, we noticed there was SNOW mixed in with the rain. By the time we went to bed there was slush on our front steps. Thank goodness it was all gone by morning. It is supposed to get warmer in the next couple of days, reaching almost 70 by Fri.

ledom~Thank you for your help in the snack dilemma. I found my booklet I got recently at the grocery store that renamed the diet. At the very end there are some snack recommendations. One of them is 1% cottage cheese with 1/2 a chopped apple. That sounds good. Also there is a recipe for a snack cake made with blueberries at 180 cal. a serving. I think I will make that. That sounds like a good snack with coffee at night.

Hi judi and Lady Windsong. I hope both of you are having a good day.

Take care. Alice
Closed Thread