General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2001, 09:10 AM   #1  

Question Paying for DietWatch

For those of you who use Dietwatch, you probably know that starting next month, all users will have to pay for the service.

I was wondering if there are any DietWatch users out there who are paying or are planning to pay for their service. I have become hooked to the website's nutrition tool - it really helps me be aware of what I'm eating. I've looked at Fitday, but I just don't find their nutrition tracker to be as comprehensive or user friendly.

I guess there are pros and cons with every site, but just wanted to hear some feedback from anyone who has used the paid services from Dietwatch.

Thanks!
Old 10-25-2001, 11:59 AM   #2  
Ready for a change

Default quitting dietwatch

I won't be paying for dietwatch (its very expensive once I convert it into Canadian dollars). I could buy a $1 notebook and a $5 calorie counter book and have it for life!

cyberdiet.com has a section where you can look up nutritional values of many foods online. Its handy.
Old 10-25-2001, 03:58 PM   #3  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Default It's not a tracker but....

Try: http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/cgi-bin/nut_search.pl

It has great info on calories, fat grams and other nutritional values......

another site with a trackeris:
http://hin.nhlbi.nih.gov/menuplanner/menu.cgi

Not sure if it's comparable to the Dietwatch one, but I guess it's worth a try.

Have fun!

Frouf
Old 10-25-2001, 05:23 PM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I downloaded Dietwatch a year or so ago. I can use if offline. Wonder if it will still work. I imagine so but my files will not be backed up.
Old 10-25-2001, 07:12 PM   #5  
it's always something

I'm sure the version you use offline will still work, you probably just wont be able to get into their site or download updates now.

One good thing though, if this helps anyone, 3FC has been given a nutrition calculator by DietWatch to use on our site, and we'll have it linked by this weekend. There will be a link on our home page. It won't be a tracker, but it will let you look up any food in their database. It will be free to use, and you'll still have our support forums here to help
Old 10-27-2001, 05:17 PM   #6  

You may want to try Fit Day ( http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/Index.html )- they have a great database of foods and let you enter your own custom items for your daily food log alone with activity/exercise, weight, etc. They also have a lot of neat charts and stuff to see your progress, your nutritional needs, etc. I used it for a while when I had to document what I was eating due to a stomach disorder- I actually had to make sure I got enough calories in instead too many which was a major shift for me at over 200 pounds. Now I am on a feeding tube so I eat foods- all my nutrional needs are meet by the formula that is pumped into my system past my stomach I can actually meet my caloric and other nutrional needs. I haven't used Fit Day since the begining of August but I just pulled it up and it is still free.

Take care,
Christine
Old 10-29-2001, 10:32 PM   #7  

Talking

Thanks for all your replies!

I've been thinking a lot about paying for a site, and I think I'm actually going to just do it. I guess once I find something I like I want to stick with it, even if it does cost me. Granted, I should be saving up for a new spring wardrobe after I lose all this weight, but one step at a time I guess!

Lexxy
Closed Thread