General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 08:52 AM   #1  

Height: 5`2

Default Following your dreams

I am not sure if I posted this before.

Have you every followed your dream?

My mom died in January 06, and I have wanted to write a book about her.
It has been flying around my head but I am scared to write it.
I have wanted to be a writer all my life but have been scared to actually put my stories on paper. I dont know why.

SO

What dreams have you followed? Or want to?
Old 09-22-2006, 10:26 AM   #2  

My mom also died in January of 06. She was 58 years old. I say write your book! Don't let fear stop you from doing something you want to do. What is the worse thing that could happend? Failure? Who cares, almost every sucessful person has failed before they succed!

I am following my dream of losing weight and becoming a healthy happy with me person! I have always taken care of everyone else and done for everyone else. I am now taking care of me first so I can take care of everyone else.

No regrets! Keep on Keep'n on.
Old 09-22-2006, 05:29 PM   #3  
Bikini Season :)

absolutely follow your dream of being a writer!! i've always been envious of people with that talent!! use it!!

i am also following my dreams of being healthy and looking how i want to,
but otherwise i am applying to universities to get the rest of my degrees in hopes of being successful and happier with my life on a day to day basis by the time i am 27.

Old 09-22-2006, 05:50 PM   #4  
Ivy135

S/C/G: 219/171/135

Height: 5"4

Three words (JUST DO IT) don't wait one more day you'll surely regret it. All good mothers deserve to be written about.

Best of luck,

My dream is to look at myself in the mirror and say WOW now shes HOT!!!
Old 09-23-2006, 04:02 PM   #5  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

I too say "Just Do It!" And what a nice tribute that would be to your mom.

My goal is to be slimmer and I can honestly say that I don't really have a dream. It's kind of sad but not because I am living my life the way I would like to so ya can't ask for anymore. Well, ya can but I am content with my life the way it is.
Old 09-23-2006, 06:13 PM   #6  
Scottish Lass

S/C/G: 265/247/140

Height: 5'5'"

Hi Snowbunny, love your avatar!!!

What's the worst that can happen? It won't get published! So what, you can have it published just for you and your family. My kids have had books published through their school. I say go for it.

I also had a dream - to be a great mom, happy wife, dear friend, supportive sister, favorite aunt, talented teacher, and I have been able to accomplish all of those things and feel very blessed. I worked my way through college - 2 jobs, lots of loans, married my best friend from high school, and made sure that every decision we made we made together. DH and I went to the same high school and had the same guidance counselor who told both of us we weren't "college material". Nice, huh? Well, we went to a junior college for a year, got all A's, transferred to big schools, got all A's, I started teaching and DH went on to graduate from Harvard School of Business with honors! The loans are all paid off, (ten years at over $1000.00 a month), we're living the good life, we appreciate everything that we have because we had to work our butts off to get here and hope to retire in ten or fifteen years and have a load of grandkids crawing all over our house at Christmas. We are proof that you can do ANYTHING! I've teased DH that we should go back to our high school and look up that counselor. Shame on her! How many other kids actually believed her when she said that to them? We did exactly whay we wanted to do, on our own. (And our parents weren't really behind us, either.)

So, write the book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-24-2006, 12:38 AM   #7  
Former "Big Girl!"

If you want some help writing and getting published, getting your name out there, I can help you. I am a freelance writer. PM me and I will help you gain some writing experience, get some exposure and gain confidence. Then, when you are ready to put your book out there, you will have some exposure and experience under your belt, and the confidence to handle any rejection that may occur.

Drop me a line, I would love to talk to you.
Closed Thread