General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 09:34 AM   #31  

You are what you are....some people can be 200 pounds and be in a size 20 while another is in a size 14(depends on height, muscle, body comp, etc..).... but you can't hide fat. You can dress to camoflauge it, but when it comes right down to it, you are carrying extra weight. Looking your weight or not, you are still carrying it around and it's a burden on your heart, muscles, and joints.

Most people are being kind...I've said it to many people and didn't really mean it...perhaps they looked better than they previously did...oh welll
Old 07-12-2006, 03:48 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 189/178/158-150

Height: 5'2

Most people are baffled by my weight, I carry my weight well and now that I have boobs post baby, people say I even look better heavier. I just shake my head and continue on my weight loss quest.
Old 07-13-2006, 03:02 AM   #33  
Piratekitty

S/C/G: 151/151/130

Height: 5'5"

I don't mind people thinking I'm smaller than I actually am but it does annoy me. Most people just think I'm doing the "girl" thing and obsessing or blowing things out of proportion.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:46 AM   #34  

I don't look like I weigh 200 lbs. I'm 5'7, so maybe that helps hide my weight. I also am a bit cheasty... but not overwhelmingly so. I'm all for being able to hide whatever weight I can!!
Old 07-19-2006, 10:26 PM   #35  
Bikini Season :)

here i am at 205 lbs and a size 12-14.

my mom also was a size 22 and was 275lbs - ended up getting a bypass surgery.

*shrug* i figure even if i dont look like i have the weight - i do - and should still lose it...right?
Old 07-19-2006, 11:33 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

Golly, Kate, what do you have? A 30 pound liver? Iron bones? I'm almost 30 pounds lighter (and an inch taller) than you and I wear a 14!!! I wear a 12 dress and pants have to be VERY stretch before I can get into a 12.

But it's bad to compare!! We are all built differently . . .

You carry your weight very well. I would never guess you weighed over 200. . .
Old 07-20-2006, 12:03 AM   #37  

thanks!

i wonder sometimes if i dont carry it in my colon or something!! haha!
i wish i knew! i'm very muscular, so maybe... I dont know!
Old 07-20-2006, 03:10 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 226/220/140

Height: 5'5"

Yup! Me too! No one believes me when I tell them I'm 185 and a size 14 (that's getting loose!). and Kate you look really really good! And you dress
well too. That's what I notice about some overweight people, they would look
so much better if they took a little more time and dressed better. My sister
who is also overweight looks great everyday. From her head to her shoes she's perfurmed and pretty. Yet I'll see someone else who is about the size
as her and she looks a mess and it makes her look ever bigger!

BTW: Was Marilyn Monroe really a size 12? I'm wondering because I watched
Gentlemen Perfer Blondes the other day and I was thinking "she looks too
small to really be a size 12".
Old 07-20-2006, 03:46 PM   #39  

i think the sizes have changed.
what used to be a 12 would fit someone much smaller today, as we have gotten bigger, clothing companies have accomidated. or else we'd all be in size 30s! lol

at least, thats been my understanding of it!
Old 07-20-2006, 04:06 PM   #40  

I've never told anyone how much I weigh... but sometimes I'd hear friends (even my BF) make comments that were degrading to 'the 200 pound woman' - and thats about what I weighed in at at the moment. They obviously didn't realize thats how much I weighed.
Old 07-20-2006, 04:25 PM   #41  

Smile

I don't really look my weight, no. I guess it depends on what I wear. My older sister was really baffled when I told her how much I weigh. That made me feel pretty good.

But... I can say this, I can feel the weight physically. I'm 29 and I cannot breathe, my blood pressure is high, etc. I'm not sure if that is all weight though. I *had* a heart condition that required an operation to regulate the beats. So, my heart would beat harder than normal making me feel as if I was working 3 times as hard as anyone else the same size doing the same thing. I feel better, but my heart still pounds easy-- it is just stifled from going and going ..... So, for me I think losing this poundage has a lot to do with feel. It is just plain easier for me to get around when I am smaller. I have seen some women that are gorgeous with a little extra padding- it gives some people curves in just the right places.

I think the most important thing (which almost all of us agree)is feeling well and trying to be healthy. It does not feel so good to have heart problems, high blood pressure, diabetes, or other ailments commonly associated with being overweight.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:06 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 180/154/140

Height: 5'7

I won $20 off a guy not believing I weighed as much as I did! I'm guessing I carry it well...lol. I've been told that anyways. I still am not comfortable with it. I'd rather weigh 180 and look 150 than weigh 190 and look 150 (the bet I won) Or maybe these people just aren't good at judging? I'm awful at judging weight and age.

I always ask myself if I'm 'that big'...I've asked my husband before and he always says no, but of course, he knows better than to say yes. Maybe he thinks it?

Kim
Old 07-25-2006, 09:31 PM   #43  
Diva under construction..

S/C/G: 262/212/175

Height: 5'7"

I've always had the same scale issues at the DR. office. Step on and as they move it to 150 mark I say "200" or "250" which ever the case may have been. Happens nearly everytime. I'm 222lbs (maybe lower I weigh tomorrow, PRAY!) and can wear most size 16's. They usually have to have some stretch to them though as my thighs are very thick. Maybe thats whats so misleading. I remember a time (loooong time ago!) when I was obsessing about my weight really bad and found I could fit into my "skinny" friends jeans (size 6) I weighed a full 20lbs more than her. Granted my bust is larger and I filled them out more but I was still baffled. My bass player just told me last week " for a bigger girl you sure have a nice shape"....Thanks....I think?
Old 07-25-2006, 09:38 PM   #44  
Cute n' curvy.

S/C/G: 270/270/130

Height: 5'3"

Yeah, and don't ya just love the PLUNK of the scale at the doctor's office as the nurse puts it at 150? Sometimes I run in there and put the numbers where they should be just so I wouldn't have to hear, "I didn't know you weighed THAT much!" LOL ... it's flattering, but they look at me like I have rocks in my pockets, or something.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:08 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 236/207/175

Height: 6ft

being 6 ft has its advantages .. i always have to move the weight thing at the doc's office cause as much as i would like i am not yet into the 100's .. still a lil past 200 .. but on the upside .. ya kno at carnivals or amusement parks and fairs they have that guess your weight thing? heh ... i always win!
Closed Thread