General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 08:23 AM   #16  
ugggg.....

I live on a back wooded road. It has always been bad but since the housing boom from the people in the DC metro area coming out this way has hit the county I live - the "lunch" type trash has gotten worse, there are also the beer bottles and cans. You can see me down at the end of our driveway in rubber gloves at least twice a month.
Someone actually pulled into our driveway and dumped a couch and several other things--we called to see if someone would pick it up but were told since we did not see who actually dropped it off it would be our responsibility--hubby set it all on fire. We have had tires, bags of clothes, tires, a water heater, a bag of deer parts & golf clubs among other things. My son's personal favorite was a toliet which he sat on while waiting for the bus--someone finally "stole" it because we came home and it wasn't there anymore. The best was someone dumped a screen door and as a joke we put a free sign on it and it was actually picked up be someone.
Old 05-29-2006, 10:10 AM   #17  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules1216
I live on a back wooded road. It has always been bad but since the housing boom from the people in the DC metro area coming out this way has hit the county I live - the "lunch" type trash has gotten worse, there are also the beer bottles and cans. You can see me down at the end of our driveway in rubber gloves at least twice a month.
Someone actually pulled into our driveway and dumped a couch and several other things--we called to see if someone would pick it up but were told since we did not see who actually dropped it off it would be our responsibility--hubby set it all on fire. We have had tires, bags of clothes, tires, a water heater, a bag of deer parts & golf clubs among other things. My son's personal favorite was a toliet which he sat on while waiting for the bus--someone finally "stole" it because we came home and it wasn't there anymore. The best was someone dumped a screen door and as a joke we put a free sign on it and it was actually picked up be someone.
Looks like it's time for a family pet. Say something in the name of Spike or Killer.
Old 05-29-2006, 11:02 AM   #18  
Want them Muscles!

S/C/G: 135/129/120

I just don't understand people!!! Why do the feel they have the right to put their crap on other peoples property, or the environment in which THEY LIVE!!!! like would they want someone to do that to them???? Would they want a toilet left at the end of their driveway???
I just do not get it!
Old 05-29-2006, 11:08 AM   #19  
ugggg.....

We actually do have two pitbulls in a fenced in yard at the end of our 600 foot driveway and we added a locked gate and fence at the entrance after the dropping off of the couch in our driveway. My son who was in highschool at the time and has a very warped sense of humor actually thought it was funny to sit on the toliet while waiting for the school bus. As the road builds up with houses we aren't getting so much of the bigger dumped stuff but with all the construction the whole road is covered with more fast food type trash. My husband says he'd like to catch them.
Old 05-29-2006, 08:32 PM   #20  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitgal2
I just don't understand people!!! Why do the feel they have the right to put their crap on other peoples property, or the environment in which THEY LIVE!!!! like would they want someone to do that to them???? Would they want a toilet left at the end of their driveway???
I just do not get it!
People like that don't own property. All they do own is trash. And that, they dump off on other people.
Old 05-30-2006, 10:39 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 265/265/230

Height: 5'3

Thanks so much for saying that! I hate when people throw garbage out the window. Dont be lasy. Leave it in your car until you get somewhere to throw it in the trash! Amen my fellow tree huggers!
Old 05-30-2006, 11:43 PM   #22  
my baby with bubbles

S/C/G: 180/152/140

I am from eastern South Dakota, sometimes I feel like it is the middle of no where, I live in a bedroom community (a small town that people live in, but work in the bigger one about 8 miles away) the amount of garbage on the sides of our highways is just unbelievable, when my son was smaller he got mad at me and threw something out the window, I can't even remember now what it was, but I stopped the car and walked the ditch for awhile till he found it back and picked it up. I think he was about 4 at the time. he was still in a booster seat.

Like how I said that, he was in a booster seat, that irritates me too. I work for a personal injury attorney, and I just want to slap the parents that come in and their kids were seriously hurt in a car accident because they weren't wearing a seatbelt. My 2 year old yells at me if I don't have it on before I pull out of the driveway.

public bathrooms are so gross, it does make you wonder what their bathrooms at home look like. I have three small children, and my bathroom would never look like the walmart restrooms. the walls are not toilet paper!

Drunk drivers, do more that tork me off, a few years back we had two teens die that were hit by an older student that was drunk. their pictures are plastered everywhere in the tristate area, as a reminder. And teens just don't have a clue. I will admit I drank when I was a teen but I NEVER got in a car after I had been drinking, not even as a passenger. I always stayed put. We have had several kids die recently in one car accidents because they were drinking. it is so sad.

I have called the police several times to report a drunk driver, in fact my husband and I called twice in one week on the same guy! both times in the middle of the day. the first time we followed him into the walmart parking lot and the cops waited for him to come out. an the second time we followed him into another business lost and he passed out with the car in drive, before the cops got there. I was with one of my friends one night and we were at a light and the guy behind us tapped us, so the guy friend I was with got out to see what the guy was doing and he was passed out. so we waited till the cops got there so we could move our truck.

In my area the cops ask that you follow the drunk driver with in reason, and that assists them in finding them.

I think I covered everything you guys did.
Old 05-31-2006, 12:54 PM   #23  

Not advocating Litter Bugs, but I have made over $50 this year just by picking up the {beer} cans from the roadsides!!!
Closed Thread