General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 08:50 PM   #1  
Want them Muscles!

S/C/G: 135/129/120

Default UgH!!! litter bugs!!!

So I was driving home from the gym today, and the guy infront of me (who was being stupid and not pulling over for the ambulance, so he was already pissing me off) rolls down his window and throws out his garbage...ugh... why do people think they have the right to pollute our earth!!!! I wanted to call the cops and report him...do they even do that????

seriously...come on!!!!!
Old 05-26-2006, 09:33 PM   #2  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I would have. It's no different than the lady I called the cops on who was allowing her two children (looked to be about 3 and 4) stand up and hang out the back windows of her Blazer while in bumper-to-bumper traffic on the interstate. Road construction had everything slowed to a crawl and accidents in that area are notorius. Tractor trailers come around blind curves and hit upon this stopped/slowed traffic and plow into a line of cars too frequently. Both of these kids should have been buckled in. So I sat right next to her in traffic and phoned it in. They were very interested in getting her license no. and location. My mom said she knew of someone who received a ticket in the mail one time because they'd been reported about not having a child buckled up.
Old 05-26-2006, 09:47 PM   #3  
On stabilization

Height: 5'5

In Washington State there is a tip line that you can call to report litterbugs! I've used it frequently!
Old 05-27-2006, 05:03 AM   #4  
resident lactivist

This is when I love cell phones. We've been known to whip ours out and be mobile tattle-tales. Not only is littering just, well, declassé, but it can be dangerous! Ask any firefighter & they'll tell you how many grass fires are started by dolts tossing cigarettes out their windows.
Old 05-27-2006, 09:04 AM   #5  
Want them Muscles!

S/C/G: 135/129/120

UGH!!!

I am reporting the next person I see litter like that! Its sooooo rude! Just need to find out what # to call

I did use my cell one time to report a drunk driver, I followed him and the police were like, don't follow him you'll get hurt, but I did anyway. This guy didn't have a licence plate on the back so how else would they have found him?
Old 05-27-2006, 09:48 AM   #6  
Blonde Bimbo

I've done that twice with drunk drivers. However one was a semi. We had no choice but to follow him, we were NOT going to try and pass him. At one point, he ran so far off the road, sparks were coming off the guardrail! We called 911 through two states. They never did pull him over, and he finally exited.
Old 05-27-2006, 10:12 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 215/165.5/142

I have reported drunk drivers before, but not litterbugs. I didn't really think about it I guess.
Old 05-27-2006, 10:51 AM   #8  

I've never understood littering. It is one of my biggest pet peeves ever because it is so utterly unecessary!
Old 05-27-2006, 12:03 PM   #9  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

HEY HKYCHIK ~We were ALMOST neighbors ~ my wife and I had a "retirement" home built for us in Kennewick last year, lived there for the summer (as planned) returned to our home here in southern California as planned ~ thought about it ~ sold it!

Some of that litter could be blamed on those ~~~~WINDS~~~~~
Old 05-27-2006, 01:21 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 215/165.5/142

I also HATE littering. To me it's just laziness, and indicates to me that someone is a slob. I learned this from a very early age. I remember being about 4 years old, walking down the sidewalk with my mom. She gave me a piece of candy. I unwrapped it, stuck it in my mouth and threw the little wrapper on the ground. Did I get chewed out! She told me that we never EVER litter! That always stuck with me, and I can honestly say that I have not purposely littered since that, except for ONE time, and I felt so bad about it afterwards it was terrible!
Old 05-27-2006, 05:34 PM   #11  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

That is one of my biggest pet peeves, UGH! People who litter...is it so hard to keep a plastic bag in your car for trash? And...is it so hard to put your cigarette out in your ash tray? I mean that is what they are there for. We don't have a hot line that I know of but I sure wish we did. There were lots of times I think I sure would have used it. And kids jumping around in the car, UGH! Don't get me started on that one. It kills me!
Old 05-27-2006, 06:36 PM   #12  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

In Colorado, they advertise a number to call if you see someone throw a cigarette out of a car window. There have simply been too many homes and land lost to a tiny cigarette butt. I have had friends who have dropped their cigarettes at a stoplight and the people behind them get out of their cars and yell. It's pretty common.

When I was a regular smoker I would NEVER throw it out. I come from a place where firefighters have DIED because of this. I don't know why people don't just GET that it's such a huge price to pay because you are lazy. I have been evacuated from my home because someone couldn't find an ashtray.

Funny story though: One of above friends tossed her smoke out and it landed right on the hood of a cop car. She talked herself out of a ticket, but got read the riot act for a few minutes.
Old 05-27-2006, 10:54 PM   #13  
Blonde Bimbo

When we were small, my brother threw a paper cup out of the back window and there was a cop behind us. They made mom and dad go back and pick up the cup. They had not been aware that he'd thrown it out, but had to go get it and get chewed out anyway. And this was back in the 70s.
Old 05-28-2006, 07:20 PM   #14  
resident lactivist

Kinda OT, but the safest place, with drunk drivers, is behind them. I remember having this conversation with my husband during our last road trip back to Texas, in '04. He wanted to get past someone we suspected of driving drunk (didn't have a cell phone then), but I told him to stay behind them so he could see what they were doing. I later saw my approach validated in a TV show (I think it was CourtTV, one of those "test your driving skills" things).

My personal peeve, aside from the cigarettes, is dirty diapers. I've got 3 kids, so I've changed diapers in the van many times...and yet we manage to not throw the diapers on the ground.
Old 05-28-2006, 08:44 PM   #15  
Blonde Bimbo

Speaking of dirty diapers, that brings up another tangent. I don't understand how or why anyone would throw one out the window. It's bad enough when people toss loaded ones into a public restroom trashcan. And that other tangent - public restrooms in general. How in the world can people be soooooooo nasty? How can someone live with themself like that? I'm amazed at some of what I've seen left behind in public restrooms. Hand washing aside...some people need to wash the entire stall when they're through. YUCK!
Closed Thread