General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 12:20 PM   #16  
Pending Email Confirmation

Right, I agree! Unless Kiefer's contract expires! There's no one to take his place, though.

About that guy that seems to be in charge of everything for the bad guys... it looks like he's in a darkened room with a bunch of computer screens. My husband swears he's at CTU division. Could be. I'm thinking more like the CIA or some other agency. Whoever his ends up being, I'm sure we'll all be surprised!

Cindy
Old 02-07-2006, 07:56 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 240/236/150

Height: 5' 6"

ok, I watched but missed the 1st half hour. I saw that Walt (I think that's his name) killed himself and it seems the prez. made up with his wife. I also saw that woman that killed the man that was a link to the terrorists. Did I miss anything else? Sorry, I'll be more careful in the future!

Lynn
Old 02-08-2006, 12:27 PM   #18  

I had to jump on board with the "24" love fest! DH and I are addicted. I have to record it when he has to be away from home. And, I've decided that I have to record and watch it after my little boy goes to sleep. Way too much violence for such young eyes!!! He would gladly sit there and watch it with us if I let him. Hubby agrees.

About Monday's episode, I believe the prez is humoring crazy wife. There ain't no way he is going to mess up is "image" by issuing a statement saying he was involved some how. Having said that, however, there is no telling how Walt's suicide will impact what the prez does next (he lost his scape goat).

I love Chloee because she is an absolute freak!!! And, poor Edgar - unrequited love is so sad to watch. He so wants Chloee to give him the good love!

And, my idea for a fitness plan during "24", do 10 jumping jacks every time Jack says "we're running out of time" or "there isn't enough time." Gotta love ole Jacky-boy.
Old 02-08-2006, 06:07 PM   #19  

I don't personally watch this show but the husband is a 24 freak!!!! He loooves this show. Me..I can't miss any of the CSI series.
Old 02-09-2006, 10:54 AM   #20  

Lynn: No, you pretty much got it. The woman was actually a 15-year old girl he was holding hostage. He was going to lead CTU to the cannisters but then the girl somehow found a gun and killed him. Didn't Jack learn anything from Season 1? (Remember when Palmer's aide killed Andre Drazen?)

AJsMa: Yes, we don't watch it with my son either, but luckily his normal bedtime is before it starts.

I don't think the President is humoring his wife necessarily. I don't think he can think for himself. He's so weak and whiny, I wonder how he ever got to be a President. He molds himself to the people he's surrounded by. I really cannot stand him, I don't even like looking at him.

Did you catch Edgar's smile when Chloe did the double-eye roll and told off Spencer? I guess he likes a fiesty woman, and you don't get 'em any fiestier than Chloe!

I try not to watch the preview for the next week, but I was watching <ahem> American Idol last night and couldn't hit mute in time. I won't mention what I saw in case others don't watch the previews, but it blew me away when they told Jack, "The President orders you to ". Can't wait to see what THAT'S about!

Shawna: I watched CSI once a few weeks ago, but not the one with Gary Sinise (I love him!). I liked it, but I can only take so much tv in a week, so 24 is more of a priority.

Cindy
Old 02-10-2006, 01:27 AM   #21  
Determined

I can't stand watching him as president either. I just want him to wear a turtleneck or something so I quit staring at his many-layered neck all the time. I miss President Palmer. I hope during the next season they put Jack back with CTU; I'm getting a little tired of this reinstatement for a day stuff.
Old 02-14-2006, 09:27 AM   #22  

Default Impeach President Logan!

President Palmer would NEVER have let them release the gas! Can't that stupid Logan make ANY decisions on his own? He blames everyone else for his mistakes, too.

What's up with that Sean Hannity-looking guy, what's his name, Lynn? Did that mugger steal his ID last week? I thought we'd learn more this week. If his CTU ID was stolen, that could be bad. But if it wasn't, than what the heck was the point of that whole scene last week? We don't need another Maya!

I actually like Audrey this year. She's very strong, not so whiny. It was great when she was yelling at Lynn and her boss tried to interrupt her by saying "That's enough, Audrey", and without even taking a breath she said "No it isn't.. Lynn, look at those children on the monitor.." And she went on and on. She's cool.

Whew, good episode. I still can't believe they released some of the gas into the mall. Jerks.

Cindy
Old 02-14-2006, 09:40 AM   #23  

Pretty good epidsode!! I wish Jack would have had some time for some quality torture!!

Logan is a weasel who really can't think for himself. Unfortunately, that probably describes all of our last 5 presidents!
Old 03-07-2006, 08:09 AM   #24  

Okay, I had to revive this thread because last night's episodes were so great! So many things to talk about, but all I can think of is Edgar. Did anyone else cry? I sure did, like a baby. His last word was "Chloe" and he sounded so sad. Poor Edgar. I'm glad he got a silent clock, he deserved it.

So Kim's back. I was sure that doofus guy with her was her psychiatrist, he didn't look like her typical boyfriend. Like someone else on this thread said, I wonder how long until she gets kidnapped.

My hubby and I think, now that Henderson is in lockdown in the same room as Tony, it's only a matter of time before Tony kills him. 24 has a history of key witnesses being killed for revenge, before Jack gets all the information he needs out of them.

The VP is finally in the picture, I don't know that he's any better than Logan. Well, anything is an improvement I guess.

Cindy
Old 03-14-2006, 12:28 PM   #25  

Default Tony?

I thought Tony died, but there wasn't a silent clock (wow, that would have been 2 weeks in a row!). So I guess he's still alive? That Henderson guy is hard-core, isn't he? I thought Nina was tough while she was being "interrogated" in CTU, but this guy went through a ton more pain and still was able to escape.

Great episode. I almost felt bad for President Logan last night. But I don't think that VP is much better. Wonder if Logan is going to last the season.

I thought Lynn's sacrifice was impressive, but it didn't move me as much as George Mason's heroism in... was it Season 2? Maybe because I sort of liked Mason, but I never warmed up to Lynn.

I still almost cried when they played the scene from last week where Edgar called "Chloe".... haunting.

Cindy B.
Old 03-14-2006, 01:04 PM   #26  

Yep. Last night was a great episode. How gut wrenching! I started crying when the guy was talking to his little girl. And, when he took his hand off his mouth and thought he was okay...

Logan was likable as I've seen him. It did break my heart. My husband doesn't like Martha. he thinks she is too whiny. I love her. She really is a great addition to the show.

I totally agree with the Henderson being a complete bad-***.

What a great episode!
Old 03-15-2006, 11:25 PM   #27  

It's possible Tony really did die, because supposedly he's listed on the Fox website as "Deceased". That info is second-hand, as I haven't checked the site myself. If so, it was rotten of the writers not to honor him with a silent clock.

Yes, I actually liked Logan for a few minutes, too. The scene where he almost cried was quite touching. I think he's way in over his head. I don't agree that his wife is whiny, but I agree that she's rather annoying. Less so now that she's not being made out to be "unbalanced".

Cindy B.
Old 03-20-2006, 08:51 PM   #28  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Hey guys-anyone watching tonight? Looking forward to it.
Old 03-20-2006, 10:27 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 286/160/145

Oooooo...Audrey's in trouble!!!! I certainly didn't see THAT coming!
Old 03-20-2006, 10:45 PM   #30  

Do you believe Collette? I can't imagine Audrey would do something like that, but then you never know. If it's true, Jack's really going to go over the edge for sure.

I'm so mad about Tony! I'm okay with him being dead, but they did it so disrespectively in my opinion. Just sort of offhandedly killed him, and he didn't get a silent clock. He's been on the show since season 1, and I would guess he's second in popularity only to Jack. Very poor send-off.

Exciting show tonight, as usual I can't wait for next week!

C
Closed Thread