General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2005, 06:34 PM   #31  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Those are some very cute and interesting names, beautiful cats all those of you that posted pics.

I have 2 inside cats both female, Tiger (gray/orange tabby) and Scully (mostly white calico w/a big orange swirl on her head, thus the name "Scully", like Dana Scully from the X-files) , both daughters of Whiskas (see below)

and 4 outside cats: Whiskas (female, white and gray tabby), KittyBoy (male, son of Whiskas), and Leper or "Leppy" as we like to call him (gray tabby). He was a stray starving kitten that just adopted our house since we always had the cat food out. The other cats detested him and would always back away when he came around, thus the name Leper , and my favorite, Molly, my 11 year old black long-haired lady cat with beautiful yellow eyes.

All of them have since been fixed and try to live happily together, sort of...
Old 12-04-2005, 03:29 PM   #32  
Half Dome Hike 2006!

KC, Pod, Kleenex, and Smokie.

KC is a 19 yo Abby (KC=Kahlua & Creme) that I got when she was 2 with her sister Krystal (Krystal died 2 years ago from CRF).

Pod is a 3 legged former stray in TN that was my first feral adoption. He is also bob-tailed and quite the smartest cat I own. When he is solving a problem, his tail twirls in a circle (his nickname--"Twirly-bob Boy")

Kleenex & Smokie are littermates of Shadow, Pod's sister (got all that?). So Pod is their uncle. (I moved back to the West Coast from TN with Shadow too, but she couldn't adapt to indoor life so went to live at my sister's house in the country). Kleenex is big, white, blue eyes, and a bit challenged mentally. OK, he's um....sloooow. He makes noises like R2D2 when he "talks" to me. Smokie is charcoal colored (black top coat, white undercoat--she sheds white when I'm dressed in black, and black when I'm dressed in white LOL) and a prolific drooler and chatterbox.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:11 PM   #33  

My siamese is called Bailey.
She is 4 pounds, and has 2 teeth.

She is just the BEST!
Old 12-05-2005, 07:35 PM   #34  
Half Dome Hike 2006!

4 pounds and 2 teeth?! How old is Bailey??? Boy KTna, you sure caught my attention with that
Old 12-05-2005, 08:18 PM   #35  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Default I'm cat crazy

I love cats and so do my fiance, his family and my family, so I am gonna tell you all their names present and past (that I can remember):

My and my fiance's cats are named Alvin (or Alvino, Vino) and Pooka (or Pookina, Kina, or just Pook).

My future in-laws cats are Bows, Shadow (Shads), and Little One (I call her Little Girl, or just Woman or Womina).

My Parent's cats are Flower (my grandma's cat that she can't take care of anymore, she's also known as Frow Frow), Mahoney (Honey Bear), Ferbert (officially Sherm Roofus Ferbert III), Chucky Chuck (Chaquita or Chucky Cheeseburger), and Zeeka.

My old cats that ran away when I lived with my parents were named Little (a huge black cat who my mom called Fluffers) and my own very first cat Little Pants (also known as Pantelones and Panties).

We are weird about having a thousand nicknames for our cats.

The cat from my old apartments that we fed, we named Garbage Kitten.

Others:
Orange cat, Jasmine, Smoke, Tom, Buttons, Socks.

Ok I guess that's enough
Old 12-06-2005, 11:54 AM   #36  
Pending Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockItUp
We are weird about having a thousand nicknames for our cats.
We're the same way! And so are several other people I know who have cats. Just something about us cat people, I guess! It's funny how the names evolve, isn't it?

We have 9 cats:
Henley
Kashmir
Sammy
Skinner
Blair (named after The Blair Witch Project, boy does it suit her!)
Echo (my avatar)
Lilah
Freedom
Liberty

Freedom has the most nicknames. We usually call him Free, but he's also Mr. McFreely, Freedom Fighter, Freestanding, Freefalling, Free to move about the country, Free to a good home.... you get the idea!

We've had several other pets over the years that are now gone.
Old 12-06-2005, 03:18 PM   #37  

ooh, ooh, i looooove kitties!

my present kitty is named "trilby". my last kitty, who i lost very very suddenly during surgery (i'm still traumatized)... her name was "shale". before that, i had a beautiful siamese named "mingo".

i currently have 7 outdoor ferals that i am caring for. i am in the process of trying to trap them all so i can take them to the spay/neuter clinic. they are pretty wild, and they aren't convinced that i am safe yet. but i feed them every day, and my husband is building a house for them to get through the winter. oh, anyway, their names. ummm, we have pumpkin, spice, fuzzytail, mama, whitey, baby mama and baby spice. i worry about them all the time, especially now that the snow season has started.

and yes, in a few years when i move to arizona or nevada... i am packing them up and relocating them with me. i can't count on anyone else to take care of them the way i do.

well, thats my story!

oh yeah, i have a dog named guinness, too!
Old 12-06-2005, 04:41 PM   #38  

Miss Molly, inderterminate age (4???), black with some cute little white hairs on her chest. A friend of mine gave her to me, as she met a man allergic to cats.

In Australia I have two, that live with their father, Chloe and and Ronan (who happens to be a girl) Chloe is rotund, black and white and extremely affectionate, Ronan is sleek, tortoiseshell and a bit of a warrior, lives up to her name.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:08 PM   #39  

This is our baby, Cougar. My husband found her when she was about 6 months old. She is now 13. As you can see, she has a rough life.

Old 12-07-2005, 12:01 AM   #40  
Half Dome Hike 2006!

Oh I just LOVE other people who take care of ferals! When I moved to TN I had 2 cats, when I left, I had 6 cats. all 4 new additions had been ferals that I managed to tame (I'm not sure that lions would have been any harder!).

Shaley, I have an idea for you for your outside ferals in the snow! Have you heard of Snugglesafe? It looks like a pink frisbee and has some kind of gel stuff inside that REALLY retains heat. You heat them in the microwave for just a few minutes, and they stay warm for 8-12 hours. I had to find something besides the heating pad (which kept OVER heating) for my 19 year kitty and after a little online research, found the Snugglesafe. Many people buy one to put in a box (under a blanket) for ferals in the winter (probably a good way to win their trust over the next few months too). Anyway, I found them at my local PetsMart for about $30, but they're also available online if you google for them. No affiliation, just a really happy, well-trained owner who heats "The Pink Frisbee" every day before leaving for work and before bed for the little queen of the house
Old 12-07-2005, 02:32 AM   #41  

Default my two cats

I have two cats and their names are Esteban (but he is always called Ginzu because his claws are sharp like Ginzu knives, sometimes he is Ginzoni) and then we have Nala.
Old 12-07-2005, 07:59 AM   #42  

nowornever -

oh my gosh! how funny is this?!?!?! i have two browsers open, one to this... and the other to petsmart! i was trying to order the snugglesafe at the same time i read this! (its backordered... ). i'm glad to hear that it works well. i found a cat house online that looks awesome, so my husband is going to build one for me. its insulated and got little plexiglass windows and everything!!! no one in my neighborhood (openly) complains about me taking care of the kitties, because their garbage cans are safe again. oh well, petsmart is about an hour from me, but i guess after my husband leaves for work, the baby and i will take a road trip! she already loves petsmart, and shes only 16 months.... she gets to see all the "ATS! - thats cats, hee hee. she says it in a real loud, high pitched voice, points and gets all excited. so cute... she loves her kitties, too!

anyway, i'm intrigued by the fact that you "tamed" your ferals. i am thinking of trying to do that with these guys. mama, well, she's been around too long. i don't think she'd take kindly to domesticated life. tux (he's the 8th kitty, i don't generally count him because hes a true vagrant. comes and goes like the wind. sometimes i won't see him for a month, though he comes around a little more frequently now that its cold) - he's also too feral, i think. but the rest... especially baby mama and baby spice... they are cute little baby kittens. i think they might have a shot. pumpkin, spice, fuzz, and whitey....they are not even a year old yet, or maybe just about a year.

i am hoping if nothing else, to convince them that humans are ok. or, at least that I am ok, and that its safe to come into heated shelter when the weather gets too bad. well, we'll see how it goes. i just have to get them trapped and neutered before about february... the next heat cycle!

wow. that got really off topic. oh my gosh, sorry there, didn't mean to hijack the thread.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:24 AM   #43  

Bailey is probably 6 or 7 years old, we got her from the local animal welfare almost 5 years ago. They figured she was probably 2ish.
She is tiny! But so cute!
Her 2 teeth are the only remaining because of a gum disease. She eats only wet food, but she has no problem with it. The vet figures she will end up with no teeth. It doesnt seem to bother her at all.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:49 AM   #44  

I found some pictures of our cats so I thought I'd share them.

Had to show this one Tiggy is so cute sleeping! My daughters wanted a doll hat on him!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg tiggy.JPG (18.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg zippy.JPG (14.9 KB, 8 views)
Old 12-07-2005, 04:51 PM   #45  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Oh my gosh I LOVE this thread!!! I have seven:

1. Tiny (not tiny)
2. Her sister, Bashful (not bashful)
3. Gracie (she's a beautiful black and white girl -- she's the house diplomat)
4. Boo (yep, he's a scaredycat!)
5. Simone (my beautiful, sleek, sexy black cat.....He was my first and I seriously just adore him!! His name is Italian for "Simon," and his first language was Italian -- I'm fluent and would practice with him!)
6. Piccina (Italian for "little one" -- she's a little tiny calico)
7. Bughead (one of the fattest cats you'll ever see and just truly bugged in the head! What a character she is!! don't even get me started...)
Closed Thread