General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 08:30 PM   #1  

Default What are you reading?

I'm an avid reader. So I was just wondering what ya'll are all reading.

At the moment, I'm reading a silly, fluffy book called The Boy Next Door by Meg Cabot. It's okay, nothing too interesting. I'll have fininished it in a day or so. Though, hopefully Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell will have came in from the libaray by then.
Old 11-21-2005, 09:05 PM   #2  
Sick of Fat

S/C/G: 240/183/150

I was reading Willow by VC Andrews but then decided to re-read the Harry Potter series.
Old 11-21-2005, 09:19 PM   #3  
ButDoesntWannaLookLikeOne

S/C/G: 230/218/170

Height: 5'4"

I'm re-reading (for the 3rd time) Bill Bryson's A Short History of Nearly Everything.

If you've never read anything by Bill Bryson -- and if you like to LAUGH -- you MUST pick up one of his books. My favorites: Neither Here Nor There: Travels in Europe and A Walk in the Woods. You'll laugh yourself SILLY, I swear! The man is a genius.
Old 11-21-2005, 09:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 197/149/135

Height: 5'7

I am a huge reader. Right now I'm in the middle of three different books (I am the poster child for multi-tasking) A Million Little Pieces, by James Frey--I just started. A Long Way Down by Nick Hornby. And Justice on The Grass by Dina Temple Raston, about Rwandan journalist on trial for war crimes---I love non-fiction and anything about current events or american history.
...was a fan V.C. Andrews when I was in high school, the "Flowers in the Attic" series was good...

Last edited by Trendle; 11-21-2005 at 09:31 PM.
Old 11-21-2005, 09:45 PM   #5  
Melting Butter

My Abnormal Psychology Textbook and my Pathophysiology textbook...YAWN.
Old 11-21-2005, 10:00 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 227/170/130

Height: 5'2

I love James Patterson mostly, however right now I am reading Tales from the scales, and just finished Jemima J. It was too funny and really hit home!
Old 11-21-2005, 10:05 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 174/164/140

Height: 5'6"

I'm also re-reading the Harry Potter series, I find something new everytime I read them.

Recently read was: Little White lies-a cutsie chic-lit novel
The Confessions of a Shopaholic series
Pride and Prejudice
Weekend in paris
When in Rome
On my list: Mr. Darcy takes a wife, Slave to fashion, Sushi for beginners

I'm a big fan of european chic-lit stories, very light-hearted and giggly.
Old 11-22-2005, 02:40 AM   #8  

I'm also a huge reader and am at the moment re-reading the latest Terry Pratchett called Thud! as well as Anna Karenina for some reason. T.P is the best for his slightly skewed view of an alternate universe. You do have to be a bit of a reader to pick up on his puns. I also enjoy James Sandford and too many more to name. I read anything that catches my eye.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:18 AM   #9  

I read A Child Called It over the weekend and just finished The Lost Boy (both by Dave Pelzer) last night. A gut wrenching true story of one of the worst cases of child abuse on record. I really enjoy autobiographys and I'm thinking of picking up My Life (Bill Clinton's book) from the library next. After all, I am in Arkansas!

Beverly
Old 11-22-2005, 07:40 AM   #10  
Pending Email Confirmation

Angels and Demons by Dan Brown
Old 11-22-2005, 10:34 AM   #11  
Cynical RedHead

I am currently reading Whiteout by Ken Follett and the third volume of the Baroque Cycle by Neil Stephenson.

Broadway Fiend - Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell is a fantastic book! Keep harrassing your library until you get a copy!

Megsa - I just discovered Terry Pratchett about a month ago. I read Monstrous Regiment and Going Postal, and went back to the bookstore and bought 4 other books by him. I had always thought he wrote for kids (like the Xanth novels by Piers Anthony). But now I am excited because I have a huge list of must read books!
Old 11-22-2005, 03:03 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
I read A Child Called It over the weekend and just finished The Lost Boy (both by Dave Pelzer)
Beverly,
That series is so incredibly sad. I wanted to go out and foster kids after reading how bad he had it. If you keep reading the series, you'll see how wonderful he's turned out and that he's doing some great stuff with children now. I will never understand how his mother could have done that to him and the courts allowed the monster to keep her other kids.

I'm reading "Dead Witch Walking" by Kim Harrison then I'm going to read the rest of the series.

Sarah
Old 11-22-2005, 03:06 PM   #13  
Egy Kis Lany

I just finished _Cryptonomicon_ by Neal Stephenson (I think...) and have just started _Atlas Shrugged_, an Ayn Rand book.

I'm excited to be reading non-school texts.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:49 PM   #14  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

I just finished Goodnight Nobody by Jennifer Weiner. Before that, I read The Committment by Dan Savage.
Old 11-23-2005, 06:49 AM   #15  
A Slightly Cracked Egg

S/C/G: 211.4/211.4/130

Height: 5'4"

I'm reading some self-improvement books at the moment.

Just finished Infinite Self by Stuart Wilde, and just started Think Like A Winner by Dr. Walter Doyle Staples.
Closed Thread