General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2005, 09:18 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 220/199/150

Height: 5'9"

I like my phone plan now. We are with Verizon. In fact my whole family is. My brother is a Uni in the UP and the only signal he gets is Verizon.

We had AT&T for a while, but their service sucked. Then we tried Nextel, which was OK but they had a lot of dead areas, even close to big cities.
Old 10-20-2005, 09:41 AM   #17  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I had Cingular a few years ago and didn't have any problems with them, but perhaps they have gone downhill since then. I had to switch when I moved because Cingular didn't exist in Virginia Beach when I moved there in 2003.

I currently have Verizon, and I have never had a problem. I don't get dropped calls, and I get service just about everywhere (even if they use other companies' towers, it's free roaming, so who cares? ). When comparing rates, I had decided to go with Verizon over T-Mobile because T-Mobile had free weekends, but not free nights, and I wanted both (they may have free nights with more expensive plans, but being just lil' old me, I only pay 39.99 a month). For the low-end plans, Verizon ended up being the best valueas far as amount of free time and number of peak-time minutes included. I was also living in Virginia Beach at the time, and I had heard horrible things about T-Mobile's service in that area.

For our home phone, we use Vonage, which works through your high-speed internet connection. It's awesome--we pay 24.99 a month and get unlimited calling to anywhere in the US (and Canada, I think) at any time. We don't pay for long-distance (which is great since both of our families live in other states!), and Jeff even had to call Korea once for work--he was on the phone for about 10 minutes, and it only cost a quarter! So, if anyone is considering a new land-line option, I would suggest Vonage (but only if you have a GOOD, strong internet connection--I don't suggest it if you have frequent internet outages in your area).
Old 10-20-2005, 12:32 PM   #18  
Soon 2 B former fat chick

We have Nextel right now and since they merged with Sprint our service has been terrible. We are about to go to Verizon, we can get a better plan and save over $100 a month compared to what we have now.
Old 11-01-2005, 06:07 AM   #19  

Hi there - I know this is not strictly related to the thread but I just wanted a to ask a quick question. I'm thinking about buying a new mobile phone - the Nokia N90 - purely because of the quality of the video camera in it. I've got 2 small children and the thought of having a really decent video camera in my handbag at all times is great ! Has anyone used one ? Am I (a registered technophobe) going to be able to get quality video footage like these examples ? (see links below).

http://www.zippyvideos.com/326619196...aterski/*edpin

http://www.zippyvideos.com/372130516...taurant/*edpin

Many thanks - nook
Old 11-01-2005, 10:16 AM   #20  
Husker Girl

Hi
I am realtively new to this site.......I have ALLTEL and have no complaints with them. We travel frequently to Texas and have no roaming charges as we travel throught diff. states. Also.....calls from mobile to moble and mobile to home are free as long as they're ALLTEL as well. Evenings start at 7:00 which is nice when calling family across the country....that's my 2 cents......hope you find a service that is perfect for you!
Closed Thread