General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 07:12 PM   #1  

Red face Do you like your cell phone company?

... If so, tell me about it. This is totally off topic, but I am ready to move on from my cell phone company, but I am not sure where to go. I have two phone companies I know I will not go to, but there are many more out there. Does any one have a suggestion that would help me in my decision? I need to figure something out in the next 45 days...that's when this plan expires. Thank you!
Old 10-13-2005, 07:23 PM   #2  

I use verizon and I have not had any problems with dropped calls. I actually we got rid of our home phones and all we use now is our cell phones. I just keep forgetting to keep the phone charged. I hope this helps in your search
Old 10-13-2005, 07:31 PM   #3  
it's always something

A recent survey ranked Verizon highest. Cingular was lowest. I read the survey soon after I signed up with Cingular, lol. I've not been happy with my service at all. However, I'm not sure if it is Cingular or just the model of phone that I chose. Jennifer briefly had the same model and had problems, and I think she's happy with Cingular with her Nokia.
Old 10-13-2005, 07:50 PM   #4  
ButDoesntWannaLookLikeOne

S/C/G: 230/218/170

Height: 5'4"

No, I do not like my cellular company. It's Cingular . DO YOU HEAR THAT AMERICA?? CINGULAR!

I've been trying to get (and have been PAYING FOR) voicemail for nearly a year. It's ridiculous.

If one more person says, "Kate, you really need voicemail" I'm gonna smack someone.
Old 10-13-2005, 08:15 PM   #5  

I'm with Verizon and I looooove Verizon. I've been with them now about a year and a half. Before that I was with Sprint. THEY ARE AWFUL!!! They have the worst possible customer service. Ever time I called I got rude, insulting people. The last straw was when I called and had a customer service person be rude, then hang up on me. Then when I called back and spoke with a customer service supervisor, she ended up yelling at me and hanging up on me. I moved to Verizon the next day.
I can't believe the customer service at Verizon, they are sooooo nice and courteous and professional. I had a question about my bill once and the woman was soooo knowledgable and explained everything in detail.
I'm really happy with them and would recommend them five times over for anyone.

Oh yeah, and the actual phone service is awesome too, never any drops.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:16 PM   #6  
Pending Email Confirmation

Default My 2 cents

I use T-Mobile and have been very happy with them. My hubby and I have the family plan and our calls to each other are always free (and we talk to each other a lot, as he travels for his job). We, too, don't have a land line, and haven't for a couple years now. After deciding to get rid of Cingular (hmmm, seems to be a common theme), we shopped around and found T-Mobile to have the best prices and pretty good coverage. Yes, we get our share of dropped calls, but very little compared to Cingular. Also, the customer service is excellent and they reward their loyal customers with free months and extra plan minutes (but they all probably do that, since it's such a competitive industry).

Hope that helps!

Cindy B.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:22 PM   #7  

I have had T-Mobile for almost 2 years. They are the BEST! I have never ever had any problems with any of the services or anything. We have 3 phones on the family plan (no house phone, 3rd. phone covers that) and we get free mobile to mobile minutes, free nights and weekends and SO MUCH MORE. You get more minutes in there packages for less money then any other company!

I have used Cingular ----- major joke! I faught them for several months! They over charge you on your bill and with your minutes. There service stinks and there coverage is terrible. AT&T is a joke to.. but CIngular boughtt hem out.

I have used Verizon ---- no coverage in my area. Had to cancel. But if the cell phone is like there home phones I would hate them too!

Nextel I have had as well. Since they went in with Sprint they are going down hill. They over charge big time for there plans. Coverage is not great either.

T-MOBILE HAS THE BEST PLANS FOR THE BEST AND LOWEST AMOUNT OF MONEY. AND THERE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS TOP OF THE LINE.
Old 10-14-2005, 02:28 AM   #8  

Thank you all for your help...I am SOOOOO SERIOUS!!! I was thinking about Cingular, but you all steered me clear of that! THANKS! BIG TIME!

I heard good things about Nextel before they megered, but I haven't heard anything since, so thank you again.

I have verizon now and I have dropped calls every once in awhile, but I guess it's not THAT bad ...I haven't heard anything really about T-Mobile, but from your comments, I think I will have to consider them. How is T-Mobile's customer service?
I've already heard NOT go with Sprint...No one EVER says anything good about them and if that many people don't like you...hummm

Anyhoo, thanks for your help, I completly ruled out T-mobile, but now I will reconsider and I thought I would go with Cingular...but now, I will avoid it.
Old 10-14-2005, 07:40 AM   #9  

T-Mobile's customer service is top of the line! They are fast and they make sure you get all of the time you need to ask all of your questions and take care of whatever you want. They are online if you want to check out there plans. They have the best plans for the cheapest money. Just go to http://www.t-mobile.com/. If you with T-Mobile and have a problem... they make sure it is taken care of quickly! They give free minutes pretty often. (I have never seen other companies do that.) They are my all time fav.

Nextel was ok BEFORE the merge yes! But now..... forget it! My friends all cancelled there Nextel's and got T-Mobile's. My in laws have a Nextel and always lose calls.... and that is IF they even get the calls! Half of the time the calls never go thru anymore.

Cingular is a nightmare! I faught them forever. We had 4 phone lines with them. We cancelled and they tried to get us for over $1000.00. I faught them with the help of Lisa Madigan (think she is out attorney general), and the better business bureou. They finally stopped harrassing us after awhile of arguing.

You would really like T-Mobile. I cannot complain about anything with them! Plus, if in the middle of the month you think your going to go over your minutes you call them and you change your plan... right there... in the middle of the month!! You don't have to wait till the end of the month!

Enjoy shopping! It can be fun lol.

Edited: With T-Mobile I have noticed my signal is always full! I have never had that with any other company before! Even in the areas where T-Mobile said they did not have towers the phones worked great and had full signals!

Last edited by TMunday; 10-14-2005 at 07:44 AM.
Old 10-14-2005, 02:51 PM   #10  

I must say, Tracy, you are making T-Moblie sound fantastic! I will definetly go and check them out and look at their coverage map to make sure they are as good in Oregon as they are in Illinois! Again, that you so much for the information! Oh, and good job with quitting smoking!
Old 10-14-2005, 08:02 PM   #11  

You bet lol. It is the best I have found in every way. Good luck!
Old 10-19-2005, 02:36 PM   #12  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

I guess maybe I am the exception because we have Cingular and LOVE IT! We haven't had any problems with anything so far. We've had our service/phones for over a year now.
Old 10-20-2005, 01:21 AM   #13  

I had Sprint and HATED it! I switched to T-Mobile and love it. I also love that the phones use SIM cards, so if you're travelling, you can use your phone in another country. They have very good plan rates too - and 1 year contract. If you sign up through a 3rd party site online, you can even get rebates after getting your phone free - which is what I did (you have to pay 2 bills before you're eligible for the rebate). Sprint has that 2 year contract going on which I hated too.
Old 10-20-2005, 06:05 AM   #14  

Yeah, I've been well advised not to sign a Sprint contract...I have YET to hear ANYONE say something really good about Sprint, they seem to be mediocre at best in popular opinion.

I went a looked at T-mobile, but in their coverage map, if I move to North Carolina (it's a 50/50 chance) their service is non existant. They use other people's towers...so that puts them at a negative for me. But here in Oregon, their service map looked pretty good and I heard they have GREAT customer service.

Christi, yup, I think you might be a lone ranger on actually liking Cingular. Actually, Ive heard enough opinions on both sides to push Cingular right out of the running because only a few people like them, but the people that do like them LOVE them...

I'm thinking that I might just stick with Verizon...
Old 10-20-2005, 07:19 AM   #15  
Addicted to potato salad!

We have verizon and have only had two problems. At first, it took the billing a while to get in line. They kept charging us for our 'free' minutes, but we just had to call a couple of times and its squared away now.
We think this is because we started out with them ourselves, then my DH's work decided to pay for our cell phones and took over the account. I think our problems were with the work's billing system, they took over our phone and then started saying, 'well, we're not paying for a family plan...' We got them straightened out, too. Verizon was very nice on the phone, it was DH's work that was rude. The other problem is when we started, we got the cheapest phones, I think, and as they became old, we had a really weak signal. We bought better phones and now all is well.

I just recently took a trip across the country by train from NY to LA and I can tell you I had a great signal all the way except for Southeastern Colorado and a lot of New Mexico in the desert-ish mountains...the really remote areas. I was able to text message my daughter the whole entire time!! Oh, and also in the bowels of Union Station in Chicago. I think all cell phones have a hard time in large, cement buildings.

Good luck!!
Closed Thread