General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2004, 12:01 AM   #16  
WW Moderator

Yes Frugal, I'm thinking about going straight. The curls in the pic are a perm, and they've long grown out. My hair doesn't go straight too well when it gets long. It just waves up, but in the bad-kind-of-messy way. I'm hoping a shoulder length-do might do the trick. Whew, 25 minutes for straightening! BTW, are you anywhere near Jekyll Island?
Old 09-25-2004, 08:06 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 197/159/140

Height: 5' 4"

On the going straight thing--heehee.

I'm the same way...with my hair (well, other ways too... ). I got a perm when I was 13 and my hair has never been the same again. Do you remember Reba's hair and Reece Witherspoons hair styles last year? The short whispy look? Well, I tried going for THAT and she kept it long so I could pull it up if need be. It looked pretty great--but now it's grown out. So when my bro's GF straightened my hair, it looked kind of bad in the back. LOL Now I don't know if I want to even it out so it can be straightened and look awesome or if I want to go short and wispy again...

Oh, about the J.I. thing. Sort of. I live about 45 min south of Brunswick in Camden County. Do you live in J.I.? (Can you believe these hurricanes?!?!)
Old 09-27-2004, 10:55 PM   #18  
WW Moderator

I live in Tennessee, Frugal Chick. We have relatives that live in Brunswick and I used to go to J.I. 2-3 times a year. Feels just like home, but it's sad to go back as an adult because I miss being a kid at the beach. I heard that the island has built up quite a bit over the last few years. I haven't been there in about 5 years or so.
Old 09-28-2004, 07:08 AM   #19  

IT's always sad to go home as an adult, because it never really feels *quite* like home.
Old 09-28-2004, 07:27 AM   #20  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Jennifer - if your hair is now straight how about a style just above the shoulders with long layers cut into it that flip out at the bottom and have face framing bangs that fall around the eye area.

I have a style like that and I love it. It works well since I find it makes my face look slimmer and the bangs soften the look.

It only takes me 10 minutes to blow dry my hair in the morning with a large rounded brush to turn the bangs inward and the bottom ends outward and then I just put a tiny, tiny bit of shine liquid to smooth out any strands. The style stays for 2 days so I can leave it and only have to wash my hair every second day.
Old 09-28-2004, 10:19 AM   #21  
WW Moderator

Sounds easy! I'll know for sure as soon as soon as you unpack that scanner!
Old 09-29-2004, 07:38 AM   #22  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

You'll be waiting for at least 3 weeks for that, although I am sure the computer and scanner are the first things DH will be setting up...well that an the tv/dvd equipment
Old 09-29-2004, 11:34 PM   #23  
WW Moderator

I went today to get my haircut, and my stylist wasn't there! She had to leave suddenly, her son was sick. I'm rescheduled for tomorrow as long as she is back to work. I dunno what I'm going to do. I think I'll just tell her to have at it.
Old 09-30-2004, 07:49 AM   #24  

I hope she does a good job when she 'has at it'
Old 10-05-2004, 10:24 PM   #25  
WW Moderator

Well she had issues that day and although I had a picture of my goal hair, which requires growing about 4 inches, I came out with about 2 inches gone. Hmmm. This is the problem with having a good friend for a stylist! She was having huge personal issues so I can't really be upset with her. It just better not happen again or else .

Closed Thread