General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2003, 10:26 AM   #1  
one leg press at a time

Default fitness clothing?

I am having a terribkle time trying to replace my biker shorts that have begun to wear out badly. I have been to Avenue, Lane Bryant, Motherhood, Cato, Fahion Cents,Fashion Plus looking for bike shorts that are tight fitting and made for women with a narrow waist and full hips. The ones I have were made by The avenue, but they have discontinued this item. I found some shorts at Kmart, but you could see my bum rigth thru the fabric
I really do not want to spend more than $15 per pair of shorst, but I am all out of ideas of places to look. any ideas on where to try? Thanks in advance!
Old 07-23-2003, 10:46 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

I have the same problem....full butt and thighs, and smaller waist. I usually do not wear biker shorts, but wear yoga pants-they usually have some lycra in them like bike shorts, but have a flared leg in them at the bottom. I have found them with drawstrings in them which is great. The elastic ones are alright as well, because they are usually lower waisted-they don't come up to your belly button, but below it a bit.
Try checking online for yoga pants...and try to find ones with lycra in them and a drawstring.
Aphil
Old 07-25-2003, 02:16 PM   #3  

hi -

i have the same problem as well. while i normally dont wear shorts either i have found that places like Target and Walmart, etc, have a great selections that I find reasonably priced. When that doesnt do, I go to my local Sports Authority, City Sports, etc whatever your local sports store there may be, and they sometimes carry brands that arent particularly name brands but usually on sale

good luck.
Old 07-26-2003, 10:56 PM   #4  

Talking Yoga pants are the BEST!

I agree w/ above posts re: yoga pants. I don't do yoga in any form, so at first I was put off by the name, but got a great pair at Kohl's. The brand is "Nine & Company" (a store brand, I think) and they're drawstring waist, capri-length with a sort-of "flare" so they're flattering (I'm also a member of the small waist/large hips & thighs club). I LOVE them, feel they flatter me, and they're so comfortable! They're also affordable; I got mine (bought them in black & grey) for about $14/pair on sale! Now I won't work out in anything else. Hope that helps!

Jen
Old 07-27-2003, 01:34 PM   #5  
one leg press at a time

Thanks - I will definitley check these out. I also discovered Ross but was only able to find shirts in my size and not shorts, nut I did not look terribly hard when I went.
Old 07-31-2003, 03:18 AM   #6  

You might also check http://www.junonia.com . They have quite a selection of workout clothes, including biker-type shorts.
Old 08-04-2003, 06:17 PM   #7  

Check out the plus size section of irongirl.com- I buy all my stuff from there!
Closed Thread