General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 06-05-2013, 12:40 PM   #1  
Warrior

S/C/G: 252/216/160

Height: 5'7"

Default Infantile behavior at work...

This is just venting...

I have been at my current job 2.5 years. Back in January I was moved to a new department. The woman who relives me when my shift is over is about my age. Her and I chatted a little at first when she was coming in and I was leaving.

One day I took a half a vacation day. I had twenty minutes to kill before I had to leave, so I did all the set up stuff she would have to do before starting. I just did it to kill time. Doing that isn't against the rules, in fact my employer encourages it. I made sure all her paperwork was ready and all copies were made, I made sure her station was completely stocked with everything, etc. Well, four hours later when she came in, I guess she was pissed off that I did this. She took it like I was saying she is too incompetent to do her own set up or something.

Every night after that, I had to deal with dirty looks and snotty comments from her.

One night 15 minutes before the end of my shift (our shifts overlap by twenty minutes) I went to the bathroom. When I came back, my coat and my bag were laying in the middle of the floor, with my trash can dumped out on top of them and the can itself setting on top my coat. There was a note taped to the trash can. It said, "Empty your own damn trash, I'm not your Mommy." And then she stood there smirking and staring at me the whole time I cleaned it up. And the sad part is I was going to empty the trash as soon as I came back from the bathroom. If she would have waited two minutes that all could have been avoided.

I went to our supervisor about that. He talked to her.

Shortly after that she was moved out of my department. It had nothing to do with that incident. Her and one other guy were moved because there was an urgent need for two people in another department, and our department was overstaffed.

There is a cardboard covered wall at the back of our area where people in my department write things a lot. I don't know when this started. But it says stuff like "Janet went to the doctor today." and then the date.

Well, a couple weeks ago I got a tattoo. It was one I had wanted for a while and it was kind fo a reward for losing weight. So I put that on the wall. It's been there a couple weeks now. The other night this woman who doesn't like me had to come in and work in my department for a night. The next day (which was yesterday) I discovered what I wrote on the wall was over zealously scribbled out with a black sharpie. And she wrote next to it "Wet t-shirts and bananas!" I have no idea what that means...

I wrote below it "Ok, didn't know I wasn't allowed to write on the wall. SO SORRY, won't do it again, lmao." And I drew a big smiley face next to it as kind of a laugh at how petty and immature this is. I know it was probably not the best way to deal with it. I shouldn't have even given her a reaction. But this is just ridiculous. I haven't done jack to this woman and I really don't know what her problem is.

Someone told me she was cracking on my weight up in the break room. And someone came to my defense and said, "Well, she has lost a lot of weight." And she said, "Yea but she's still an ugly *****."

This all just seems so junior high. We are adults here and it's getting old.

Rant over...

Last edited by DazeGypsy; 06-05-2013 at 12:46 PM.
DazeGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 01:00 PM   #2  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

Ugh. Some people are just big B*tches. Sounds like she is jealous of your weight loss and has her panties in a twist about it. Laugh it off! Smile and show her nothing she can say or do will bring you down. Then you win! You can take the girl out of junior high, but you can't take the junior high out of some girls I guess
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 01:49 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

I'd probably just ignore it. Doesn't seem like she wants to be on good terms. Some people are just stuck in high school. FOREVER.
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 02:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 275/264/160

Height: 5 ft 9 inches

Im sorry you are going through that. At my last job everyone knew I was on WW....my boss insisted that she thought it was a good idea that I attend so I did. Well, it got out to the employees and when they decided to order lunch in for staff meetings etc I would deliberately be left out and one of the girls would gladly cry "you are on a diet, you're not allowed to have what we eat"....she would make it a point to make fun of me. Needless to say 2 weeks ago out of the blue I got fired with no warning and no reason why. I guess everything happens for a reason and I never belonged there in the first place. Some people are just a**holes and have nothing better to do with their lives and cause sh**
Missys Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 02:53 PM   #5  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

Wow, you tried to do something nice for someone and that's how you get treated? She must be extremely insecure.

PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:05 PM   #6  

S/C/G: Hw277/183/167/155

Height: 6'2"

Wow, she's crazy pants. Like seriously disturbed. She wont last at your work cause others probably see her inbalance.
NeeneeKhaleesi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:26 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 310/*look*/140

Height: 5'9

I'm so sorry, wow, truly pathetic behavior to the point I feel sad for her almost...almost.
Lecomtes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:49 PM   #8  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

while I wouldn't personally respond to any of her tactics....I would definitely be keeping written documentation of every detail....not to be shared with management unless need be....but it's creepers like that, that turn into stalkers and other disturbing behavior, as well as manipulate circumstances to make YOU appear to have done things instead....even if you never do anything with the documentation, since this is work-related, DOCUMENT
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:14 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanlaughter View Post
while I wouldn't personally respond to any of her tactics....I would definitely be keeping written documentation of every detail....not to be shared with management unless need be....but it's creepers like that, that turn into stalkers and other disturbing behavior, as well as manipulate circumstances to make YOU appear to have done things instead....even if you never do anything with the documentation, since this is work-related, DOCUMENT

Exactly, she sounds scary crazy. Do not react to her and try to keep well away from her.

I can not imagine anyone pulling that stunt with the garbage in a work place. I would have photographed it and keep it for documentation.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:14 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 225/167/135

Height: 5'7"

I agree you shouldn't respond but you should write everything down including times and dates of any further incidents. Especially keep anything notes (like the trash can incident) or e-mails saved. This woman sounds incredibly petty, spiteful and cruel you need to protect yourself!
PatLib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:31 PM   #11  
Kelly

S/C/G: 310.6/239/160

Height: 5'9

I had something similar happen to me a couple of weeks ago and I was really hurt and PO'd at first, but then I thought about the kind of person that does something like this and eventually shrugged it off. People are jerks, and the biggest jerks just like to make other people miserable to make themselves feel better.

I would keep track of what she's doing to harrass you, but unless it gets to point of interferring with your actual job I would just let it go. People like that just thrive on the drama and the attention.
punkrocksong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:13 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 183/166/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DazeGypsy View Post
When I came back, my coat and my bag were laying in the middle of the floor, with my trash can dumped out on top of them and the can itself setting on top my coat. There was a note taped to the trash can. It said, "Empty your own damn trash, I'm not your Mommy." And then she stood there smirking and staring at me the whole time I cleaned it up. And the sad part is I was going to empty the trash as soon as I came back from the bathroom. If she would have waited two minutes that all could have been avoided.
This is absolutely shocking to me!!!
BreathingSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:58 PM   #13  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

DazeGypsy

WOW, I am sorry you have to work with some weird, creepy and cruel individual who really has a lot of issues of her own. While I have never had that kind of drama at a workplace, I have worked with some odd ducks and I have been caught in a lot of workplace drama, sigh, it is so upsetting at times.

My advice is to follow the advice that has been given, document what is going on and go to a supervisor if necessary, and really try to not give her a reaction. She is acting out because she wants a reaction. When you don't give her a reaction, she will most likely eventually lose interest.

Take care.
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:41 AM   #14  
Vex
There is no try.

S/C/G: 281/T/140

Height: 5'6"

Default re:

Oh yeah I agree with others who are saying document everything. Take a picture of it if you can. If it continues, I'd go straight to HR at this point.
Vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:51 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Uhmmm, am I the only one who thinks that this is hostile and dangerous behavior towards the OP? I would be in constant fear if something like that happened to me, I'd be looking for another job, I wouldn't want to be afraid of someone so volatile and aggressive.

Gee, if she's so bent out of shape over you helping her imagine how she would act if you really pissed her off. Worthy of a police report imo.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote