General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-07-2013, 02:53 PM   #46  
Lose 1lb. Repeat 99 times

S/C/G: 262/signature/170

Height: 5'5"

just feeling blessed overall even though the past few years were the roughest ever. Trying to make peace with the present instead of being depressed about the past or anxious about the future!

Finally figured out that you don't have to wait for an event or a milestone in your life to find happiness, happiness lies in the small things around that make you smile.

Current Mood: HAPPY, POSITIVE & HOPEFUL
nitrus29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:36 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Went to the doctor yesterday & there are no signs that my cancer has come back. Six years cancer free!
jenjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:02 AM   #48  
Updating my software ;)

S/C/G: KGs: 82 / ?? / 55

Height: 5ft

At 71 kgs, my BMI is 30.3. In another 0.4 BMI points I'll no longer be obese; I'll be overweight I can't wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjen View Post
Went to the doctor yesterday & there are no signs that my cancer has come back. Six years cancer free!
Congratulations!
Rhiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:35 PM   #49  

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

two days ago i was walking home, tired and really low self conscious cause i was wearing all the wrong clothes and my hair was greasy and then someone honked me on the motorcycle and i lifted my head up and it was this cute italian guy and he blew me kiss and smiled and it really made my day.
missunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:25 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 252/215/150

Height: 5'10

I've been constipated these past 2-3 days and finally just went to the bathroom. I feel amazing.
Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:45 AM   #51  
Lifestyle Changes

S/C/G: 295/sig/175

Height: 5'9

I have been walking 1 mile most days this week, and the other day I did a 2 mile walk! I don't want to get sweaty and red faced every time I take the stairs so I've made my walks priority, but I've also been doing some strength training.

I have to say, I'm feeling good. I'm a little scared that this attempt is going to be like all my other attempts to change my life, but I know in my heart that it's time for the weight to come off. I know what I have to do and now I think I can finally do it.
thewalrus0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:28 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 166/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

I just started the Couch to 5K run yesterday after NEVER being able to run! I feel AMAZING! And after the scale not moving all week, it did this morning! More hooray!
jmko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:34 PM   #53  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjen View Post
God Bless you!!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:49 AM   #54  
Updating my software ;)

S/C/G: KGs: 82 / ?? / 55

Height: 5ft

This may seem like a weird celebration, but I'm celebrating that I gained valuable experience over the past week. The experience that I gained is: don't not exercise for a week. Why? Because all of the muscle tone and stamina that I had a week ago, where I was running for 30 mins straight, has suddenly gone! I went out today to test myself into running for 40 mins (since that's my next workout activity) and I only managed 20 minutes before my Achilles' seized and my sciatic nerve started pinching.

It's not a good place to be.

Therefore, even if it's only a brisk walk, I have to keep up my exercise at least every 2-3 days to keep fit and to keep moving forward!
Rhiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:31 PM   #55  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

jenjen- What wonderful news! I am very happy for you! That is awesome.

For me, my celebration today is eating healthier, not eating that free cake in the break room! I ate a healthy lunch and I swam in the pool for about an hour! I am working on achieving my goals!

Take care, be well everyone.
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:59 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Thank you to all that offered your support about me being cancer-free. I don't often think about it, but those return appointments always make me a little apprehensive.
jenjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:31 PM   #57  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

You're welcome Jenjen!

My huge celebration is recognizing that I am worthy of self-love, self-respect and dignity, one individual in my family definitely sees that. I am so lucky to have him in my life. I am glad that I am doing my best.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:33 AM   #58  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

Talking

My celebration today is that I received my 100 hour pin for volunteering at my local hospital yesterday! I feel so appreciated at this hospital and I truly enjoy volunteering!

My other celebration is that I am taking good steps to take care of myself. Yay!
Old 05-25-2013, 10:51 AM   #59  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

My celebration is that I made it past the weight gain (and I was OP too) and did not crack (THANK YOU TO ALL YOU WONDERFUL PEOPLE) and am now losing again. Getting past a weight gain or a plateau intact body and mind is a BIG Time celebration for me.
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:59 AM   #60  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannaskipandlaugh View Post
My celebration is that I made it past the weight gain (and I was OP too) and did not crack (THANK YOU TO ALL YOU WONDERFUL PEOPLE) and am now losing again. Getting past a weight gain or a plateau intact body and mind is a BIG Time celebration for me.
You are doing awesome, Sue. I swear those gains and/or stalls are just God's little way of making us stronger! The important part is that we stay committed and trust that the weight will start moving again (easy for me to say when it's to someone else but I torture myself when it's me). You did it, you persevered and saw it through! I never knew how to do that until I met all of you!!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote