General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 04-09-2013, 10:10 PM   #46  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickieChicks View Post
Sweet potatoes.

I have forced myself to eat them over a dozen times now...and very time I feel sick to my stomach afterwards. So weird.

I don't do low-fat cheese of low fat versions of anything, but I do love yogurt, even fat free Greek, my fave.
You could be sensitive to them. It's not a common allergy in adults but it is for infants.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:13 PM   #47  
One day at a time...

S/C/G: 229/ticker/129

Height: 5'4

Cottage cheese, any diet drink, (diet coke, crystal light, etc...) protein bars, and low fat cheese are all pretty terrible. Greek yogurt was hard to get used to at first, but now there's several favors of it that I love.
Katie816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:14 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 320/167/150

Height: 5'5

Cottage cheese is soo gross ! its not so much the taste of it but The texture that gets to me. I cant even Bring myself to swallow it my throat closes up..its like my body is saying "you've got to be kidding"

Any type of seafood ! between what happened in the gulf and the fukushima incident I just don't think its safe to be eating it. and nothing will ever convince me otherwise.

Rice cakes..i dont think i need to explain myself on this one !but to me its like eating artificially flavored styrofoam
Nichole2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:27 PM   #49  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Oh NO Oysters, Clams, Mussels of any kind... After doing dissections.. NO no no no nono no.....

No Tomatoes, Cucs, peppers, mushrooms, MUSTARD, smelly cheeses......

Texture and taste does do me in...
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:04 PM   #50  
kellie105

S/C/G: 292.5/284.8/170

Height: 5'6

cottage cheese, humus, celery, all milk, tofu...uugghhh
kellie105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:18 PM   #51  

S/C/G: SW:245 CW:ticker GW:145

Height: 5'

Oh yes, how could I forget milk.. well I should say milk by itself.
I'm fine having a little bit in my cereal and could drink chocolate milk all day
but plain milk... no way
Curvycurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:28 PM   #52  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Tofu! Yikes! Pretty sure it ranks up there with that green slime stuff you use to in your bicycle tires to keep them from going flat.

The stuff is just wrong!

After that, buttermilk, ick!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:31 AM   #53  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

There's a whole lot more of "won't eats" in my world than there are things I don't like. I'm apparently one of the so-called supertasters - broccoli in almost every form makes me gag. However, I force it down since it's a nutritional powerhouse, and because DH/DS absolutely love and crave it. A sprinkle of balsamic vinegar seems to cut the retch factor somewhat.

Organ meats. I simply will not eat guts.

Last edited by ICUwishing; 04-10-2013 at 07:33 AM.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:37 AM   #54  
Becoming A Better Me

LOL! I posted earlier but once i read these i had flashes of eewww! I hate cottage cheese! Ive never even tried tofu and just dont think its something i ever will, to weird. Diet sodas? Ugh id rather drink swamp water than drink them! No oysters, they look like something someone hocked up!
Non-foods... i cant stand reality tv shows or soap operas. Jerry Springer good god wtf?!
No. 1 on my list... drives me absolutely crazy to see trash on the side of the road, along my area beaches and thru my area parks!
dangerouscurvesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:44 AM   #55  
Downloading 10% complete

S/C/G: 190/188/170

Height: 5'4"

Tomatoes! Gah!! And broccoli and cauliflower. Not good. And soup. ANY soup. And diet food! Special K tastes like cardboard! Those muller light yoghurts taste of nothing but sweetener. Not a big fan of water either, but sometimes I get a taste for it, and quite like it with lemon juice. Oh, courgettes. Avocados.

It's pretty much all about the texture. Like, I hate tomatoes, but tomato based sauces etc are fine. Hate avocados, love guacamole.

Oh, and... Fish paste. What the ****?! UGH.
the shiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:10 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 165/137/120

Height: 4'11''

Greek Yogurt is probably at the top of my list. I have tried almost every single flavor, every brand, etc etc. I just can't seem to grab a liking for it. Cottage cheese as well. I can stomach it in REALLY small doses, especially with fruit but anything more than that I can't stand. Coconut water - so tasteless and gross. I'm really not a fan of any "beans", like lentils, lima beans, etc etc. I'm not a picky eater by any means but those are the things that turn me off the most.
celigirl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:52 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 181/148.8/129

Height: 5'3"

I'm not a fan of cottage cheese. I can eat it but it's not something I crave.

Yogurt...I was into it for a while, mostly due to the fact that I forced it until I acclimated, but now that I've stopped eating it I don't really want it anymore...

Most raw veggies...they need to be cooked. And most beans...

Energy/protein/whatever bars...of any kind...
Doomkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:33 PM   #58  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who hates Greek yogurt. I think your taste buds are broken if you like that crap.

I love beans EXCEPT green beans. YUCK! They squeak in your mouth! They have to be boiled down to mush before I'll eat them. However, the exception is mixed bean salad. When they are pickled with kidney beans and chick peas, I can handle them.

Eggplant in any form. Don't like the Asian skinny ones either.

Spaghetti squash. Whoever came up with the idea that this stuff is a good substitute for pasta should be forced to eat an entire squash.

Avocado. I don't understand why anyone wants to put cow snot on chips or in any food. It is gross looking as well.

Pork chops. I don't care what you do to them, they are dry.

Tomatoes that are not home grown. There are just some things that should not be served year round in most climates. Tomatoes are one of those. The store bought ones taste as good as the cardboard in which they are packaged. My garden will be prepped for them this weekend. Homegrown is the only way to go. (Or from a farmer's market).

I don't care for al denté pasta. Finish cooking it for crying out loud. This half cooked pasta crap is just that. Asian noodles are OK. They aren't too cheap to use more power to finish cooking them.

Brussels sprouts. Brussels can keep them. I like most cabbages but not this one.

Rosemary. OH BARF!!!! This stuff stinks, permeates all food and tastes like soap. I don't care if you flash it in a dry pan, it wreaks and kills taste buds. Some restaurant people seem to think that a rosemary spring as garnish is a neat idea. WRONG!

I don't care for Italian food for the most part. I'm sure it is because of the half cooked pasta. If I can order something on the menu that doesn't have rosemary or pasta in it, I can usually tolerate it. For the most part, I avoid Italian restaurants.

Indian and Pakistani foods are lower than Italian food on my list. Just don't like them. Add Afghani food to that list as well. Too much cardamom and caraway.

White wine. Can't stand the crisp type wine. It has to be a sweet white, like Riesling, for me to drink any of it and then it is a few sips. I will cook with it but that's about it.

Coffee. Love the smell, especially when I'm camping in the mountains but can't stand the taste. Well, I like it if it has chocolate and Kahlua in it. I had one of those sometime in the mid 90s. LOL.

Geez, I didn't realize that I hated so many different things until I started this list.

Last edited by cbmare; 04-10-2013 at 12:34 PM.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:41 PM   #59  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

cbmare You listed all item that I LOVE!! I could never have you over for dinner;HAHAH! You would leave my house totally disgusted.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:10 PM   #60  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
cbmare You listed all item that I LOVE!! I could never have you over for dinner;HAHAH! You would leave my house totally disgusted.
Your taste buds are broken.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote