General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 04-10-2013, 03:14 PM   #61  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

cbmare LOL...guess what I had as an afternoon snack? Roasted Brussels Sprouts. I had 1/2 pound!! My DH can not understand how I can love them.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:14 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

As another mentioned, I don't like organ meats. I also don't really like a lot of fruit. I'll eat some of it here and there but I definitely don't do stone fruit. I just double up on veggies.

Oh, I also don't like green bell peppers. I love red, orange and yellow but I just don't like something about the taste of the green.

I love greek yogurt and will never have the regular kind, especially the "light" varieties ever again. I'll thrown down on almost any vegetable under the sun though. I love all types of fish but have a hard time with sea "walkers", crabs, lobsters and such.
XLMuffnTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:29 PM   #63  
Unstoppable Force

S/C/G: 225/ticker/137

Height: 5'6"

To all you tofu haters: it's one of those foods that you have to prepare correctly in order to enjoy it.

Someone once told me that she just took tofu and cubed it up and threw it on a salad, and from that experience she determined she was a tofu hater. Well, duh. Tofu needs to be pressed and drained and marinated and flavored and cooked (preferably seared).
Novus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:05 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novus View Post
To all you tofu haters: it's one of those foods that you have to prepare correctly in order to enjoy it.
I eat it "fried." I usually head to our local Asian supermarket (the largest one in our state is in my town) and buy it fried in triangles. It's low calorie and not high in fat, as the name may suggest.

I use the fried tofu and make my stir fries and dishes with that. If not, it would just be the consistency of jello
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:41 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 181/148.8/129

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbmare View Post
Avocado. I don't understand why anyone wants to put cow snot on chips or in any food. It is gross looking as well.
Blech.

Quote:
Pork chops. I don't care what you do to them, they are dry.
I don't like them either, now that you mention it!

Quote:
Brussels sprouts. Brussels can keep them. I like most cabbages but not this one.
Agreed!

Quote:
Rosemary. OH BARF!!!! This stuff stinks, permeates all food and tastes like soap. I don't care if you flash it in a dry pan, it wreaks and kills taste buds. Some restaurant people seem to think that a rosemary spring as garnish is a neat idea. WRONG!
Oh boy, I hate this stuff. Detest it. I used to get mashed potatoes at school sometimes and every so often, someone would get the brilliant idea to dump Rosemary in. If you bit into one of the little bits wrong, ugh, just so gross. So bitter!
Doomkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:48 PM   #66  
Krissy Missy

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

Rosemary is my all time favorite herb!
Missy Krissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:49 PM   #67  
Krissy Missy

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

Sum38, I guess maybe you should have me over for dinner instead of cbmare, because I love all of her hates too!
Missy Krissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:03 PM   #68  

This thread is so funny, there is some passion here about foods we hate!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:14 PM   #69  
HEALTHIER ME

S/C/G: 190/152/135

Height: 5'9

I'm also not a big fan of greek yogurt, cottage cheese, and I don't know but banana as well ... although most of the fruit I eat. Well, for health reasons and in order to keep up with my "healthy lifestyle" (really trying to) I'm forcing myself sometimes for healthier options like cottage cheese and greek yogurt even if I really don't like the taste that much
wangela87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:17 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 310/*look*/140

Height: 5'9

Not a fan of Brussel Sprouts, but I force myself to eat them at least once or twice a month because I know they are super good for you...okay...maybe only because my kids are watching...LOL
Lecomtes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:21 PM   #71  
Finally in control.

S/C/G: 294/236/199

Height: 5'4"

Wow...I'm reading through all of these responses and I can't say that there's any food that I dislike. I'm deathly allergic to peas, beans and cauliflour but other than that, I can make myself like just about anything.

Wait...I hate celery. I HATE it. It's disgusting and crunchy, stringy, nasty and it freaks me out when I see people eating it with peanut butter. Anything that makes peanut butter taste bad should be banned from life.
ChickieBoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:36 PM   #72  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangela87 View Post
I'm also not a big fan of greek yogurt, cottage cheese, and I don't know but banana as well ... although most of the fruit I eat. Well, for health reasons and in order to keep up with my "healthy lifestyle" (really trying to) I'm forcing myself sometimes for healthier options like cottage cheese and greek yogurt even if I really don't like the taste that much
Wait! If you hate it, don't eat it. Forcing yourself to eat something because it is supposedly healthy and you hate it is actually punishing yourself.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:37 PM   #73  
I wanna be a loser, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy Krissy View Post
Sum38, I guess maybe you should have me over for dinner instead of cbmare, because I love all of her hates too!
Now wait a minute, rosemary breath, lol
Old 04-10-2013, 05:39 PM   #74  
I wanna be a loser, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickieBoom View Post
Wow...I'm reading through all of these responses and I can't say that there's any food that I dislike. I'm deathly allergic to peas, beans and cauliflour but other than that, I can make myself like just about anything.

Wait...I hate celery. I HATE it. It's disgusting and crunchy, stringy, nasty and it freaks me out when I see people eating it with peanut butter. Anything that makes peanut butter taste bad should be banned from life.
LOL. I can't stand stringy celery. I shave mine so there are no strings. How you feel about celery is how I feel about avocado.

I was looking at your progress. Have you really lost over 100 lbs since Sept or were you working on it before you joined here? Your goal is waving at you.

Last edited by cbmare; 04-10-2013 at 05:41 PM.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:51 PM   #75  
I wanna be a loser, too

While we are at it - add chocolate and raspberries or orange to my list.

Chocolate and cherries or even pineapple are good together.