General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 04-08-2013, 10:12 PM   #31  
Warrior Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by livelaughlovesunshin View Post
I don't think you should be meeting any man who has a girlfriend. If he meets women behind her back, he will eventually do it to you.
I would meet under terms that it will be as friends until he is single. If you meet and he's flirty and alludes that he's willing to cheat on his GF with you, run and don't look back.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:26 PM   #32  
Restart July 5 2013

S/C/G: 245/ticker/160

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by novangel View Post
I would meet under terms that it will be as friends until he is single. If you meet and he's flirty and alludes that he's willing to cheat on his GF with you, run and don't look back.
I don't think it's a good idea to meet him while he has a gilfriend... I wouldn't want my boyfriend to do that to me! I guess I just need to wait it out...
fatgiraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:14 PM   #33  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatgiraffe View Post
I don't think it's a good idea to meet him while he has a gilfriend... I wouldn't want my boyfriend to do that to me! I guess I just need to wait it out...
Then honestly, I think you need to forget him entirely. Move on with your life. If your paths cross again somehow in the future then maybe you can meet him but if you aren't going to meet him now, then move on with your life, don't 'wait it out'.

And also, if it were me and someone I was dating was holding onto the idea of someone he never met, I'd want him to meet her just to get it over with.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:55 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 317/292/150

Height: 5'3 ½

Quote:
Originally Posted by novangel View Post
That's just a lie to say "meet as friends" when there is clearly an interest of more, that's the whole point of meeting.
livelaughlovesunshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:19 AM   #35  
Restart July 5 2013

S/C/G: 245/ticker/160

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by livelaughlovesunshin View Post
That's just a lie to say "meet as friends" when there is clearly an interest of more, that's the whole point of meeting.
Exactly!!!

I don't really mean "wait it out" like I'm gonna sit around at home and wait until he's single again. I just mean now is not the right time and meeting him will be inevitable eventually. If its meant to be, it will happen.

Thanks for all the support!
fatgiraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:01 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatgiraffe View Post
And how would you feel about dating a guy who has already shown you he is wiling to chat with other prospective girlfriends while dating you???

This is a big red flag smacking you in the face, please don't let the fantasy distract you from that
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:56 AM   #37  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

The more I read this thread, the more questions arise. The first being, does his so-called "girlfriend" know about the 2 of you? My guess would be she doesn't. I'm going to go out on a limb here and speak my mind, which may or may not be a good thing Since you say HE was the one that wanted to meet and you resisted, it has to make you wonder WHY he is with her doesn't it??? I mean, although he's been with her a year or so, he is still in contact with you. With all due respect, that is pretty disrespectful to her. Adding to that he tells you she is a nice girl...BUT...she isn't you. Read between the lines, what exactly is he saying? I take his comment as meaning while he may care for her....he hasn't let go of you...and...he's compairing her to you...and...by his own admission, he's not that into her because she isn't you. He's also saying its inevitable the 2 of you will meet eventually. That is a clear indicator he hasn't let go of you although he is dating her. How ever you look at it, none of this is fair to her.
If it were me, I'd have a serious chat with him and explain to him how uncomfortable all of this has made you feel. I'd be very interested in his response. Has he told you he loves you? Has he told her he loves her? It has to make you wonder. And if the 2 of you do eventually meet as he seems to think you will, what exactly are his intentions towards you? These are all legitimate questions HE needs to answer.
All the best to you!!

Last edited by JerseyGyrl; 04-09-2013 at 08:59 AM.
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote