General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 03-06-2013, 01:37 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 183/166/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DazeGypsy View Post
Maybe I could bring this up to him when the time is right...
Honestly? I would just bring it up the next time you see him. Have an open discussion. I recently made a promise and comittment to myself that I would NEVER EVER put myself in a space where I felt unsafe to speak my truth ever again. That, to me, is the worst feeling EVER.

I want to be free to have open discussions about things that bother me, or concern me. If after 9 months someone doesn't want to discuss those things with me, that's a huge sign for the future in my opinion. During the first year of getting to know someone, everything should be put on the table.

But you have to be clear about what you desire, and clear about what is a dealbreaker to you. Guys are pretty good at following instructions (lol) so if you have this discussion and say to him "I really like to hear'I love you' at the end of our time together, is that something you feel you can do for me? Is there anything you can think of that I can do for you that makes you feel good?". Questions like these. He may get all uncomfortable and not know the answers, but you can then say, "okay, why don't you think about it and we can have another discussion".

And honestly, if he can't have these types of discussions with you or thinks it's "stupid" or he's too uncomfortable to have them - what is going to happen when you guys have major life problems in the future? How are you going to approach these things? Because sh*t in life WILL come up, it always does, and sometimes the stuff that comes up will shake you to your very core. Is that person going to be able to support you and give you what you need during those times?

Just thoughts. You have been with him 9 months, and that's actually an subconscious milestone for a lot of women (for obvious reasons).

I hope some of this helps
BreathingSpace is offline   Reply With Quote