General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 03-04-2013, 11:40 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 303/ticker/169

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanlaughter View Post
off-topic but i really like your blog
Thanks much, alaskanlaughter! I've never done anything like that before, and I'm finding that it's motivating and helps me keep focused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
Ahhh yes got to love these stories...
I agree - keep 'em coming everyone!!
Fit dad 2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:49 PM   #17  
Never ever giving up!

S/C/G: See ticker :)

Height: 5'4.5"

When I was a kid I broke a tire swing...Or, the branch it hung on to. It was made for my petite stick thin friend, and we were maybe 8. It wasn't meant to deal with a lot of weight...I wasn't that heavy..Felt so at the time, though

Oh, and my bachelorette party. My MOH had asked my mom if she could provide some funny clothes. She got some ugly pants and a t-shirt...from when I was 16 and a lot smaller. I was 21 and at my highest weight yet. I just looked at it and said "No way. Doesn't fit" and felt sooo humiliated!
Em Coconut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:59 PM   #18  

My DH and I were invited to a block party a few years back and the only thing you had to bring were chairs and a potluck dish.

The morning of the party, I ran to Walmart and got 2 heavy-duty Coleman chairs (the kind that fold up and go in the easy-carry bag). My husband never had a weight problem but I wanted the chairs to match instead of him having a normal size one and me having the one rated for 350lbs.

At the party everyone sat in a big circle and ate, drank, had a good time. At some point when I was up talking to someone (and probably stuffing my face), someone sat in my chair next to my husband. The man offered me my seat back and my husband offered me his but I didn't want to interrupt their conversation (and I assume the other man didn't know it was a "special" chair). I was too embarrassed to try and sit in someone else's in case you heard the crack of any parts. I ended up just going back and finding someone else to talk to while I waited for my chair.

So this year, drumroll please, I am sitting my skinnier butt in every single chair and loving every minute of it!!!

That's a dreadful fear I never ever want to live with again. And now, me and DH could probably sit in 1 chair together except we won't be able to get out of it!!

Some of these stories are so funny (now, of course) and others make me want to cry, knowing the feeling of sadness.

Awesome thread, Misti. Thank you for starting it.

Last edited by elvislover324; 03-04-2013 at 03:01 PM.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:25 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 246/246/135

Height: 5'6

In the last year I lost almost 40lbs and then regained it. After I regained it one of my coworkers asked me if I had been weight lifting recently because I looked bulky. Thaaaanks, lol.
Daki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:44 PM   #20  

Height: 5'8.5"

LOL loving the laughs tonight. And of course, yes, we ALL feel the hurt and humiliation of them but I find that laughing our way through it all is what can really keep us going!

At times when I was in someone's home where the toilet seat was obviously waaaaaay too flimsy for my big ole butt to sit on, I have actually raised up the seat and sat on the rim to keep from breaking the seat.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:11 PM   #21  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Ohh, Misti, been there, done that, except I actually broke the potty seat. I've blocked from my memory where it was.

I broke a chair at someone's house once, too. The more I think about it, the more I remember. I'm not enjoying this particular trip down memory lane, but I probably should to keep me working towards goal and then maintenance.
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:31 PM   #22  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

I have broken two couches. My boyfriends old cheap couch bed thing, that snapped when I pulled on the back of it to pull myself off the couch. And I sat down on the couch at a friends couch and the leg snapped. She claims that it was cracked before... but I am not so sure about that lol.
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:36 PM   #23  
Buxom Babe

S/C/G: 280/162/160

Height: 5'8

At my heaviest, I was also my tummiest, thighiest and hippiest. I was raised to sit 'proper', which meant as a lady you had the choice of leaning your legs close together and to one side or crossing your legs at the knee/ankle. I was used to 'at the knee' for most of my life. Then I reached nearly 300 lbs.

Suddenly I couldn't sit 'like a lady'.

You should have seen me, in desperate attempt after desperate attempt, trying my darnedest to cross my legs or at the very least slide them to one side without that obnoxious 'gap' where everyone could see up my previously demure skirt.

Oh, the skirts. No matter how long, somehow they managed to ride up in the worst ways when seated.

*sigh* I laugh now. I really do. I am just VERY glad no one took photos of me waist down for a few years there.
586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:48 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 246/246/135

Height: 5'6

Oh! I remembered another one. My previous house had hardwood floors that were not kept up very well by the landlord. They weren't sealed or anything. So I'm at 207lbs walking around my house in heels and put one right through a floor board. I was mortified, we had people over.

That was the same night that the picture that made me say "OKAY. DIET. NOW." was taken. So between the heel through the floor and the most unflattering picture ever, that's what got me started here.
Daki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:57 PM   #25  
Finally in control.

S/C/G: 294/236/199

Height: 5'4"

After standing in line for two hours to get on The Superman at Six Flags, I couldn't fit in the seat and got out and had to wait on the other side for my friends to come back. Pretty humiliating.
ChickieBoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:45 PM   #26  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Oh I have several chair breaking stories..for instance..one night i was in a group of friends and we were playing this game where you are supposed to run from one chair to another chair across the room and i did..and i kind of fell onto the Ikea chair and it snapped! and the whole room heard it!! and i was like "uh oh and turned red in the face"

I have also managed to break one of my parents wooden chairs..I sat down in it one day and all of the sudden it collapsed..In total i have probably broken at least 4 chairs in my life..

Oh and the best part is when you are the "butt" of the joke.. See i have this minor issue with doing "crack" In fact, the first day of my internship at working at a church, I was in my first church service at this church and they were filming the service. Well, i went up to the front and said a few words, because they asked me too. I was constantly pulling my pants up cause they felt too low and then i would sit down again...no big deal right? No one said a thing..nothing was wrong.. Well, a year later..someone had found the video of that service and i was watching it and the camera was behind me facing toward the front but caught me in the audience... I realized then and there that my jeans were half way down my butt crack and and it was getting lower every time i sat down and then of course, it caught me "re-adjusting my pants and pulling them up" every time i stood up...

Yaahh.. i made quite an impression on the congregation..

The funniest thing, is that the new youth pastor of the church, often wears jeans that are quite tight and every time she sits down, her crack shows..or her underwear shows...All i think is "Welcome to the crack club"
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:56 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 153/146/115 (HW of 198)

Height: 5'2

My parents had a friend named "Duck". This dude was huuuuuge, about 6'6 and easily 380 lbs.

I was home from college when I was weighing in almost 200lbs. I'd just made myself some lunch (can't remember what it was now) when Duck came over. He saw what I was about to eat and felt he need to tell me "You know, guys don't like big girls, you need to look in a mirror".

Seriously dude?
Bex1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:27 PM   #28  
Restart 11/2012 at 153lbs

S/C/G: Hw194/Sw160/Cw120/gw125

Height: 5'2" on the dot!

I can't really think of much other than when I was having a cat scan done and the xray tech looks at me and says "u are not pregnant r u?" I replied "no just fat". If he would have read my filled out paper he could have seen the answer to it. I know they probably need to know but his way of phrasing it indicated I looked to be pregnant.
Just made me think of once when I was trying on a dress that was a large size (so the tag said) and getting it stuck, wondering what I would do, the dressing room was one of those that when u step out of the room u r in the store. I could hear the seams ripping thinking omg can anyone else hear that. Can u imagine having to acquire help from the skinny employee. Many thoughts ran through my head, like I can ask for scissors to cut it off and pay for it. I can say I want to wear it out looking like a hot mess or I can put my sweater on and make a break for it. A no no I know but I felt super embarrassed.

Betsy I am truly sorry u had to have such a bad experience. I don't see anything funny about that. That waiter was ignorant obviously. We can all have our own opinion but like mother said " if u don't have nothing nice to say, then don't say anything at all!" Your meal should have been free, what a total jerk!
chubbiegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:31 PM   #29  
Restart 11/2012 at 153lbs

S/C/G: Hw194/Sw160/Cw120/gw125

Height: 5'2" on the dot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post

Oh and the best part is when you are the "butt" of the joke.. See i have this minor issue with doing "crack" In fact, the first day of my internship at working at a church, "
Too funny I thought u were talking about doing crack in a church. The drug. I thought I have a major issue with that. I was like what? Lol
chubbiegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:55 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 202/195/140

Height: 5'3"

Was at the Dr's office and went to get weighed. The friggin nurse said my weight out loud, in a stupid stage whisper, like I couldn't see it on the scale or on the paper she was writing on! Worst part about it, my husband was standing right there. I don't share my weight with him. A girl likes to keep some mystery, for God's sake! He pretended that he didn't hear, but I was so embarassed.
ArtyKay is offline   Reply With Quote