General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 03-03-2013, 07:02 AM   #1  

Height: 5'8.5"

Default I can laugh NOW! (Funny "fat" stories)

This thread is meant to be all in fun and is for those who can laugh NOW about your embarrassing stories. I realize there are some people who find this kind of thing upsetting so you might want to skip this thread... it is meant to be IN FUN!

I think my most embarrassing one is when I had to have an MRI done when I weighed 306 pounds. The machine limit is 300 pounds but they went ahead with it.

Well.... almost all of my weight is "front and center" and I went into the machine just fine until they came to my gigantic boobs! The GUYS had to shove and manipulate them (after asking my permission) to cram them into the machine. Then after the MRI those things had to be dug back OUT!

This was definitely among my most embarrassing moments! So glad I will never have THAT experience again since I don't intent to weigh that much ever again!!!

Last edited by Misti in Seattle; 03-03-2013 at 07:03 AM.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:28 PM   #2  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Oh my, Misti! I am now very grateful that my MRI at my highest weight was in an open machine, or I probably would have the same story!

I was at an outdoor concert with a friend. We were sitting on the lawn, and she was a little farther back than me because she had her young daughter with her, and didn't want her too close to the speakers. At some point she came up behind me and tucked her hoodie around my waist - I hadn't realized my shirt had ridden up in the back. I can't imagine what kind of back fat and side belly was showing if she felt the need to cover it up for me.
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:52 PM   #3  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

I can laugh about wearing crocs. At my heaviest my feet were so wide that I couldn't find any shoes to wear. Crocs while comfortable are not fashionable!!!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:06 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

I was in a restaurant once and always ask for a table. The hostess immediately took us to a booth. I could tell just by looking that I wouldn't fit into it so I nicely asked if we couldn't be moved to a table. (Mind you, I had already asked for a table when we walked in and she asked how many.) She asked one of the waiters if his table was free because she had to deal with a fatty. It sounded to me as though she shouted it across the room, but probably only 5-8 people heard her. The others in my party all looked down and were embarrassed for me, and I was mortified. Since I was with others, I didn't make a scene, but the night out was ruined for me, and unfortunately I think it impacted everyone else I was with as they were all good friends. We have never gone back there even though I could probably at least get into the booth now -- maybe not comfortably, but at least get in it.
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:51 PM   #5  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

betsy2013, the hostess called you a "fatty"!? HOLY CRASSNESS! I would have ripped her up one side and down the other if I was with you Terrible! I'm so sorry!
BerkshireGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:13 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 250/249/125

Height: 5'3 ish

Oh my gosh betsy call me vengeful but I'd have probably made such a stink they would have fired her.
Thinforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:21 PM   #7  
Vex
There is no try.

S/C/G: 281/T/140

Height: 5'6"

Default re:

She would definitely not have been employed by the end of the day. Why is overweight fair game in society? You wouldn't call a disabled person or special kid names....or maybe people would.

Mine is...
We get free gifts at work for significant anniversaries. 2 years ago was my 15 year, so I decided to order an exercise bike.

Would you believe that stupid bike came and had a weight limit so I couldn't use it? I mean that's WHY YOU BUY THE BIKE.

I should have gotten the grill instead.

Last edited by Vex; 03-03-2013 at 04:22 PM.
Vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:01 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Recently I was hanging out with a friend who is a size minus 0. Seriously though, all joking aside she is so skinny I am almost certain she is suffering from an eating disorder. Anyway she was carrying a backpack I really liked and I asked to try it on.... what was I thinking! The straps burst as I tried to cram it over my shoulders. We were with other people too so it was quite embarrassing.

I was an elementary school teacher for several years and every new class I got some kid innevitably would ask me if I was having a baby. Uhm no.

A cashier at a bookstore once asked me when I was due.

Or how about those moments when you're deep in conversation with someone and they suddenly make a remark about someone's weight.... but the person they're talking about usually weighs 50lbs less than I do. Awkward!
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:35 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 181/148.8/129

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinforme View Post
Oh my gosh betsy call me vengeful but I'd have probably made such a stink they would have fired her.
I agree, what a horrible person! I don't have any stories of my own but I was reading everyone else's and that one almost made me cry. Ugh, terrible girl, really terrible.
Doomkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:37 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 290/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8

For me, my embarrassing moments had to do with rides at theme parks. ONce I had to get off a ride which was mortifying becuase the restraint that came down wouldnt fit. Another time, I had to smush my boobs together while my friend pushed it down so it would latch. ....

I'm still at that size but hope that never happens again. It happened at a small carnival and six flags. Fortunately, Disneylands rides are all built to accomodate bigger people!
mandypandy2246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:05 PM   #11  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Oh, Betsy, that's awful. I would not have eaten there, and probably asked to talk to the manager, too. I would never go back, and tell everyone that I know why.
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:31 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 303/ticker/169

Part of my job requires I get re-certified for CPR every 2 years. The session always ends with the demonstration of the Heimlich maneuver. There is a way to do it if the person is too big to get your arms around, and I'm ALWAYS used as the demonstration guy for that. I laugh it off with a few jokes at my own expense, but I'm always dying inside.

Sigh...the next session is coming up in a week, so I'll still be the "big guy" guinea pig, but next time...next time. I'll have to wait 2 years for it, but it will be one he-- of an nsv.
Fit dad 2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:00 AM   #13  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit dad 2b View Post
Part of my job requires I get re-certified for CPR every 2 years. The session always ends with the demonstration of the Heimlich maneuver. There is a way to do it if the person is too big to get your arms around, and I'm ALWAYS used as the demonstration guy for that. I laugh it off with a few jokes at my own expense, but I'm always dying inside.

Sigh...the next session is coming up in a week, so I'll still be the "big guy" guinea pig, but next time...next time. I'll have to wait 2 years for it, but it will be one he-- of an nsv.
off-topic but i really like your blog
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:32 AM   #14  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Ahhh yes got to love these stories...

Which one to choose. Well.. i could start with the one when i was 16 and at summer camp. I really liked my cabin leaders pajama pants (back then it was fashionable to wear pajama pants all day) I wanted to wear them so i asked if i could. She was a size...6-7.. I was a size...12..see where this is going? So i put them on..they are skin tight..but they are on, and thats what counts...I mean they were long enough and yah i had to suck the gut in lots, but mostly if i wore them around my mid-drift, no one could tell they were too small...However i had this one minor problem...They didnt fit in the legs and the butt..they were sooo tight..it was like squeezing sausage legs into a casing that was way too small..I did it..and thought it was good.. I wore those pants for the majority of the morning..until when i was ready to head up the cabin steps..and i take one step and hear R .....I......P!!! It ripped right along the seamline starting at the butt and ripped all the way down in half..Needless to say..i was more then apologetic..I was humiliated.

Oh and dont you just love how some toilet seats are sooooooo tiny? Yah i remember this time where i sat on a too tiny toilet seat and ended up peeing on the seat instead of in the toilet..I guess i had bad aim.
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:15 AM   #15  

Height: 5'8.5"

LOL these are great. Thanks for being willing to share them!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote