General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 03-09-2013, 10:12 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 204/166/145

Height: 5'4"

I don't care for slimy things (okra), but the absolute worst for me is food that grows as I chew it! Beef jerky makes me gag because of this.
Jennifer1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:08 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 256/???/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabeskinny View Post
Wow, that's funny. That's exactly the reason why I don't eat white meat on chicken, too dry and rubbery. The dark meat has such a better softer texture. You must not be cooking it right.
The meat itself is fine,it's whatever else..maybe the tendons that are hiding near the meat,lol.
zoritsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:45 PM   #33  
Never ever giving up!

S/C/G: See ticker :)

Height: 5'4.5"

I don't do jelly-like foods, and I absolutely cannot handle mushrooms...I don't like the taste, but the texture makes it all worse. Just the tiniest bite makes me gag...
Em Coconut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:50 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by losermom View Post
That's so funny! My DS17 refused, absolutely refused to eat any sort of baby food/cereal. And if I did attempt to feed it to him, he acted like I was trying to kill him! After a month or two I gave up. He nursed exclusively, and he was huge--he was 30 lbs at 6 months, until he went straight to table food at 8 months. The kid is seriously weird!

As for my food issues, I pretty much like all food, which was probably my issue in the first place.
Nowadays it's quite common to skip "baby foods" altogether. It's called baby-led solids or baby-led weaning. My son, now 20mos never had purees, we introduced solid food at 6mos, nothing mushy. Pear slices, avocado slices, chunky food that he would pick up with his hands. Besides oatmeal we never spoonfed him.

Check out this funny video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzPMAJCPhmA
of a baby starting off on solids at 6mos.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:06 AM   #35  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

Food and texture is a strange thing.

When I was a kid, tater salad, macaronie salad and cole slaw were ICK. Then one time my Mom made head cheese, some strange concoction made from pig fat. Major gross. It was like a spam jello mix. YIKES! She could not figure out why us kids did not like it.

Over the years, and sometimes given the lifestyle, I've tried a lot of foods. When we were poor, a friend gave us some ground raccoon. It's not bad. Makes great chili. Would not make burgers out of it.

Rocky mountain oysters! YUM!

On the other hand, lamb, ICK, the dog would not even eat it.

Had rattlesnake, not bad, would not make it a staple. Venison/deer, properly processed is a great lean meat choice. Pheasant, dryer than a pop corn fa@t. Gotta drown it in sauce. Dove breast, yum, wrapped in bacon with a bit of brown sugar, and baked!

The one thing I tried and will NEVER do again, is fresh oysters on the half shell. So gross. I will not eat anything I cannot catch in my mouth and chew. It just slid past my tongue and teeth and slid down my throat like a glob of snot. So GROSS!

While raising my kids, I did take notice that texture some times did play into what they would or would not eat. They may not like it today, but wait a few months and they like it. For kids, it's all about learning and growing.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote